Some Mountain Creek news...

JibLab

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/17/sports/o...orts/17ski.html

Article is a little skewed.. but It gets most of the facts across... It's very annoying that the media seems to think that terrain parks are just for snowboarders.

Anyway... discuss

60 acres of park

All Mountain

2 High speed quads

15 new jibs

Youth oriented lodge

Park Education Program

It's very annoying that the media seems to think that terrain parks are just for snowboarders.

Maybe that's because it was snowboarders who put in the work that made snowboard parks what they are today. Park skiing has really caught on in the last few years once everything was established and twintips are still a major minority in most parks.

The South Mountain lodge, which had a cafeteria, bar and locker rooms for the local ski racing program, will receive a cultural makeover, with the addition of a video-editing lab with flat-screen televisions, arcadelike kiosks and space for musical and artistic interes

sooooo dope

this sounds pretty cool. and the park riders get the real lodge? even better. i dont feel to shitty about getting a pass to creek this year anymore. now if only they would rebuild the lodge that burnt down over at vernon. tents at the base of your main peak? doesnt seem right..

oops delete my other thread.

Article is a little skewed.. but It gets most of the facts across... It's very annoying that the media seems to think that terrain parks are just for snowboarders.
just an indication of what will actually be delivered. Sorry for being antagonistic, it's just a prediction. Where do you guys think you will be in line for snowmaking? Did MC change and now they are going to give you guys snow making so early on so that you can actually deliver a park?

hAHAhAhAhHAHAHAHAHAHA...Except almost everywhere I visited today in NJ looked nicer than Allentown... :blink::blink::blink:

Mountain Creek has a reputation for having the worst snowmaking in the mid-Atlantic..and back in the day Vernon Valley/Great Gorge apparently made alot more snow. You can't build the best Booters near Bergen county unless you blow tons of snow.

Sick Road Trip idea for next season...

PA border an hour to New York City then to the new xanadu indoor ski area..then Mountain Creek..then evening session at the Boot..

If there was enough time, a Sopranos tour could also be part of the day..mad steezy yo..

that trip would be impossible. the traffic up there is some of the worst in the country. unless you wanted to go heliskiing in the northeast...

• 3 weeks later...

It should help with crowds a bit.

BUT -

The issue was never lack of acreage it was lack of snow. Creek normally opens South first, that means it will be more likely to get snow down for the park as base first, and then extra on top for features which is a good thing, but it doesn't change that to get the park going you need to have Vernon concurrently. I also wonder what will happen late season when they normally close down everything but Vernon? Are they still going to be running the lifts at south? That worries me. I do think it will be nice to steal the fan guns from the race team for the park, but in the end it is about how much snow they make and when they make it, not how much the trail map says should be park. How many acres where dedicated to park on the map last year? What percent of that was open by mid January? I think about 0 because I remember hiking Sayonara's 4 features on my last day before my ripped spleen and I was pissed. That was AFTER I had been to JFBB and hit 25+ features. If Creek is serious about this, they need more snow.

And as a sidenote - look at what happened to Mount Snow's "BIGGEST PARK IN THE EAST" - last year. They never opened it because of weather. Big on paper doesn't mean open in real life. I have left Mountain Creek as a passholder but I would rather not, I'm driving an extra half hour each way to get to JFBB - but come January I will be shouting louder than anyone that I told you so when JFBB (and others) has more stuff open than "The Biggest Park in the East".