Best place for boot fitting?

xNick11

I'm in need of new boots this season as of my foot have shrunk from a size 10 to a size 7.5-8 in the past 3 years from rollerblading.

I'm looking for a good ski shop that will give me a proper fit of a boot. I'm very picky when it comes to boots now as of riding huge boots for 2 years, it really decrease my skiing abilities in a lot of ways such as moguls.

I don't want a place that will hand me a boot and ask me how it feels.I want a place that will first measure my foot and do a shell test.

I have a really narrow foot, so I already know which boots im going to be looking at which will be the krypton rampages or Lange comps, possibly Salomon guns.

Your opinion on any shop will help,and please post the location to.

skifreak knows whats up. come in during ski mania which is some time in august, i wanna say 3rd weekend? we will have all the leftovers from last year, and most of the new stuff for this coming season as well. if your foot is skinny like mine, rampages might be the ticket, i love mine.

How in the hell do your feet shrink from rollerblading??
Just for having the skate on for so long and it being so tight. It pushes your toes inward forcing your whole foot to shrink.

Thanks Justin, Shadows was telling me about that sale. I'm probably going to come down then.

I'm not doubting you by any means, I just didn't realize that was physically possible.. then again I guess people ddo shrink in height when they get older....I just contributed that to them being bent over...lol
Ya I know it's weird.

But it's happened to a lot of kids I know who rollerblade.

• 2 weeks later...

your foot shrunk by 2.5 sizes? You need to go to a doctor dude! That's impossible. could it be your boot was over-sized to begin with and then it packed in? If you really want a professional boot fitter, Billy Kaplan who runs Performance Pethordics can fit you but it's not cheap. (215) 760-8226. Tell him Finn sent you. Billy is a true professional. Not dissing the chain stores like nestors, but they are OK for the recreational skier but not if you want a professional fit for true performance. There's no comparison. He may not be right for you if your foot is still growing a lot (although, your's is mysteriously shrinking). Figure at least $150-$200 for a fitting session. not including foot beds.

your foot shrunk by 2.5 sizes? You need to go to a doctor dude! That's impossible. could it be your boot was over-sized to begin with and then it packed in? If you really want a professional boot fitter, Billy Kaplan who runs Performance Pethordics can fit you but it's not cheap. (215) 760-8226. Tell him Finn sent you. Billy is a true professional. Not dissing the chain stores like nestors, but they are OK for the recreational skier but not if you want a professional fit for true performance. There's no comparison. He may not be right for you if your foot is still growing a lot (although, your's is mysteriously shrinking). Figure at least $150-$200 for a fitting session. not including foot beds.

nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Billy is stricly oriented towards performance boot fitting. The 2 times I have talked to him were not reassuring. I don't think he is in tune with the specific needs of the freestyler. Go to Nestors and see Justo, he knows what is up!

uhhhh, we're not a chain, we only have one store... and if you've seen any of the work we've done for both freeride and race boots, you'd see that we can definitely fit a boot for performance. in all honesty, i've never even heard of billy kaplan, and 200 just to sit down with the guy seems pretty steep.