Sno Cove

stever2003

SnoCoverWaterPar.jpg

The Sno site says that phase one (lazy river and pro racer) is/was complete in September. So my question is....

what happens with these attractions in the winter? I suppose they could build the pro racer so that skiers/riders will pass underneath the structure. But what about the lazy river and the eventual wave pool? will they be covered with something and blow snow on top of them, or will they fill them up with snow (which sounds harmful to the attractions)? Or, will these areas no longer be skiable? That does not seem logical as it looks like these attractions are right outside of the lodge.

oh, and by the way, i really love the videos and pics that sno puts up on their site. its nice to see that theyre updating us on their progress, whether or not it be what they planned to have a year ago. the vids may not be much, but its nice to see that work DID get done.

it's just like camelbeach, they fill the lazy river with barrels and blow snow over them, the whole area will be covered in snow

i only went to camelback once. i dont really intend to go back, unless its free or theres a nice discount. but anyway, i didnt really see the scope of their water attractions.

Edited by stever2003

Sno Mountain officially looks like a waterpark right now, albeit a muddy one. The lazy river is in and just waiting for some backfilling.
Ya I was just up there for the job fair, they need to fill those pools in quick cause the cold weather is going to hit quick. I don't want things to be like how they were last year.

Sno has the lights on tonight and plans to blow snow. I called them up at 7, dennis carlson answered the phone. Kinda cool that the head owner is answering phones about snowmaking.

You know, that's sorta why I beat on anyone that was bashing the sale. The guy is more of a middle-aged (eh, sorry if that sounds bad) skiing dude than a Center City lawyer. It's not like "Oh, shit" when he walks into the bar, but more like "Wadda ya have?".

Now, about where they're moving the race trail.........................

Gettin' a little stoked, eh Sean? It's going to be an over the top year...

Maybe more-so blown over than over the top. They are taking down trees like they are out of style up there. They need to take a page out of elks book and start planting trees, not cutting them down.

Besides between switch and spike and the new trails, where are they cutting them down?

Maybe more-so blown over than over the top. They are taking down trees like they are out of style up there. They need to take a page out of elks book and start planting trees, not cutting them down.

I assume they are, at some point, going to plant the right trees. Stunted soft woods provide little protection and are even a hazard near the lifts...look at Elk's Slalom slope, for instance, where they were able to hold a slush cup with Us Ski Team racers when most areas were closed. That slope feels like a refrigerator door has been left open the way it just traps the cold and blocks the sun.

Besides between switch and spike and the new trails, where are they cutting them down?

near the bunny, near highball/mainline, near the entrance to cannonball at the bottom of the bunny...the park was bad as it was last year on most days, if they took out anymore it's not going to be very manageable.

Sounds like a lot of trees to be taken down all at once. What are they doing taking trees out by highball/mainline? I'll have to head up over thanksgiving to see what they're doing. I just hope its not to put some glades there. The last thing we need are beginners weaving through trees. :banghead though I can't imagine they would do that, I just can't see where they would be pullling them down from in that area.

Edited by Schifdawg

Sounds like a lot of trees to be taken down all at once. What are they doing taking trees out by highball/mainline? I'll have to head up over thanksgiving to see what they're doing. I just hope its not to put some glades there. The last thing we need are beginners weaving through trees. :banghead though I can't imagine they would do that, I just can't see where they would be pullling them down from in that area.

The ones they took down between mailing and highball are right were the two slopes met at the base. Know how the one lift pole is near the begining of trees in between the two trails? Thats were they took them out, so there is more room for people merging between the two trails.

The ones they took down between mailing and highball are right were the two slopes met at the base. Know how the one lift pole is near the begining of trees in between the two trails? Thats were they took them out, so there is more room for people merging between the two trails.

Well thats not too bad. It will definitely make that area much more manageable on friday nights when its packed, especially if they put a beginner park on mainline again.