Like to ski/ride the park? Interested in teaching others?

snorovr

Hey guys and girls,

There is a chance I'll be hiring one or two more coaches for the Freeride programs at Blue Mountain. Below is a short description of the programs:

"This program is designed for advanced riders/skiers ages 8 and up. All participants should be comfortable on every trail on the mountain, as well as capable of riding a chair lift without an adult and be able to follow directions in their groups.

Participants will be divided into small groups depending on their age and ability.

The emphasis will be on strengthening existing skills, practicing boardercross/skiercross technique and time will be spent improving freestyle skills in the half pipe and terrain park. {Jumping, spins, grabs and riding rails}. For those athletes who are ready, we will focus on preparing for some of the local and regional competitions."

The focus of the program is coaching athletes on their way to becoming better park and all mountain riders, and we meet every weekend from December 15th thru February 17th. This means Saturday and Sunday mornings from 9am to 1pm. If you're interested please PM me and I can give you some more information and perhaps schedule an interview for this coming weekend.

Thanks.

-Trevor

how many people do you have signed up so far this year?

We never know until the day of... Makes it kind of hard to plan but there has been a lot of interest this year from friends of people currently in the program, children of instructors up at Blue, and of course the racers who piss off the race coaches so much that they give them to me.

what are u looking for from the coaches talent wise?

Very solid riding outside of the park is a must. It also helps if you've spent a lot of time in and around the park and are comfortable doing basic maneuvers like sliding rails, smaller spins, and small jibs in general. You don't need to be Shawn White or Tanner Hall, but being comfortable with the basics really helps. If you're what one might call "sick" in the park, that certainly doesn't hurt. Also, one must be very good at analyzing riding and relating that to athletes. Much of what we do involves helping give people the skills to do a certain trick, and then giving them the little push they need to nail that trick.

Very solid riding outside of the park is a must. It also helps if you've spent a lot of time in and around the park and are comfortable doing basic maneuvers like sliding rails, smaller spins, and small jibs in general. You don't need to be Shawn White or Tanner Hall, but being comfortable with the basics really helps. If you're what one might call "sick" in the park, that certainly doesn't hurt. Also, one must be very good at analyzing riding and relating that to athletes. Much of what we do involves helping give people the skills to do a certain trick, and then giving them the little push they need to nail that trick.

What does it pay?

What does it pay?

Due to it being a seasonal position with season pass and equipment discount benefits, the pay is pretty much minimum wage for someone who would be doing it their first year. PM me for more info on this though...

Also, I should mention that if you are seriously interested in becoming a coach, you would need to complete the Instructor Training Course this coming weekend at Blue, which is $50.00. It is two days of instruction that many say really improve their riding, and when you look at it this way it is pretty much the cheapest lesson from PSIA/AASI instructors you can get. I did it almost seven years ago and it really improved my skiing.

Due to it being a seasonal position with season pass and equipment discount benefits, the pay is pretty much minimum wage for someone who would be doing it their first year. PM me for more info on this though...

Also, I should mention that if you are seriously interested in becoming a coach, you would need to complete the Instructor Training Course this coming weekend at Blue, which is $50.00. It is two days of instruction that many say really improve their riding, and when you look at it this way it is pretty much the cheapest lesson from PSIA/AASI instructors you can get. I did it almost seven years ago and it really improved my skiing.

I'd love to, but I won't be able to make the lesson this weekend. If there is anyway I can take it another time let me know.

Sign me up. Since I'm better then any instructor, do I still have to take the course?

:lol Good laugh...

I'd love to, but I won't be able to make the lesson this weekend. If there is anyway I can take it another time let me know.

Well keep in touch. Its tough for me to try to get anyone in that hasn't taken the Instructor Training Course, because this is kinda where they show you all the operations policies at Blue and whatnot.