Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. is definately the word for today. So today started off as a good day, saw some Pasr's, hung with some friends, talked to some noobs about smartstyle, yelled at some noobs about smartstyle. I started getting a feel for the new jump in blackbear starting throwin some 5's and backflips. then my like 8th run i go to blackbear wait near the top jump, call my jump for the 2nd jump so everyone can clearly hear, so i start my drop in and a noob skier is coming right next to me clearly seeing i am going to do a trick, so he figures its a good idea to come right up with me and ride over the lip into the landing so I (still goin for a backflip and not being able to see him fall right where i was gonna land) get my backflip and im halfway around in my rotation see him without ski on laying down and I try to move away from him. I end up panicing(sp?) in mid air, landing on my head, and scratching my new fire lenses. But thats not it. I had a deal with another Pasr to meet in front of the lodge and sell me his skate banana. SO the deal goes on and after the guy leaves the uptight security guards at bear come up to me and ask me like everything about myself and this guy because they think the board that he gave me was stolen. but then as im leaving a security guard follows me up to my car to ask me if Im a season pass holder. wtf?

wow. is definately the word for today. So today started off as a good day, saw some Pasr's, hung with some friends, talked to some noobs about smartstyle, yelled at some noobs about smartstyle. I started getting a feel for the new jump in blackbear starting throwin some 5's and backflips. then my like 8th run i go to blackbear wait near the top jump, call my jump for the 2nd jump so everyone can clearly hear, so i start my drop in and a noob skier is coming right next to me clearly seeing i am going to do a trick, so he figures its a good idea to come right up with me and ride over the lip into the landing so I (still goin for a backflip and not being able to see him fall right where i was gonna land) get my backflip and im halfway around in my rotation see him without ski on laying down and I try to move away from him. I end up panicing(sp?) in mid air, landing on my head, and scratching my new fire lenses. But thats not it. I had a deal with another Pasr to meet in front of the lodge and sell me his skate banana. SO the deal goes on and after the guy leaves the uptight security guards at bear come up to me and ask me like everything about myself and this guy because they think the board that he gave me was stolen. but then as im leaving a security guard follows me up to my car to ask me if Im a season pass holder. wtf?

yeah i saw that backflip the kidd was right in your blind spot and it looked like you saw him half way around and fliped shyt in the air before landing on your head

that really sucks but your backflips are sick

yeah i saw that backflip the kidd was right in your blind spot and it looked like you saw him half way around and fliped shyt in the air before landing on your head

that really sucks but your backflips are sick

haha werd man i gotta ride with you and youngbloodz some time you guys look pretty good

So you saw the kid and still hit the jump?

So you saw the kid and still hit the jump?

kind of he looked like he was veering away because i was cursing him out during my drop in but then when i was concentrated on getting some speed right before the jump i think he cut right back in. Its kind of a blur to me. I smacked my head pretty hard

I saw huge puddles on the webcam.

They'll make more snow this week but... I think in a week or two we'll be starting the long slide towards closing.

They need to pile up what they can now before its too late.

Edited by Rowsdower

How did bear survive last nights harsh rain?

i've gotta say, it was a LOT better today than i had thought it would be. there were some puddles, but coverage was a lot better than i'd anticipated. i was kicking myself for not getting up sat or yesterday... stupid lack of car until today.

but yeah, i was wondering how much longer they'd keep trying to push it after this weekend. pres day is usually their last big hurrah... how much more of a season can we hope for after this?

i've gotta say, it was a LOT better today than i had thought it would be. there were some puddles, but coverage was a lot better than i'd anticipated. i was kicking myself for not getting up sat or yesterday... stupid lack of car until today.

but yeah, i was wondering how much longer they'd keep trying to push it after this weekend. pres day is usually their last big hurrah... how much more of a season can we hope for after this?

i really really hope they blow as much as they can and strive to stay open as late as possible even if it means a 10 foot wide track down the mountain. i really dont need a long summer. i barely made it through last year.

They are not going to do that. Last year they had enough snow to stay open for a really long time but they closed. I guess they dont get much profit during that time so its not worth it.

They are not going to do that. Last year they had enough snow to stay open for a really long time but they closed. I guess they dont get much profit during that time so its not worth it.

it should be worth it for the loyal season pass holders that are there 4 times a week and love bear creek.

Once the ground thaws under the snowpack it becomes like a pat of butter melting in a skillet. The lower part of the terrain park gets it the worst because alllllll the melt water drains down that way.

Personally I think they should put the terrain on what is now Kodiak as that side lasts way longer. That or start moving the terrain onto Kodiak and abandon Black Bear/Cascade parks. If they manage their snow well (which admittedly is a lot like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic) they can make it to the last week of March, maybe even the first week of April, but it won't be pretty.

Once the ground thaws under the snowpack it becomes like a pat of butter melting in a skillet. The lower part of the terrain park gets it the worst because alllllll the melt water drains down that way.

Personally I think they should put the terrain on what is now Kodiak as that side lasts way longer. That or start moving the terrain onto Kodiak and abandon Black Bear/Cascade parks. If they manage their snow well (which admittedly is a lot like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic) they can make it to the last week of March, maybe even the first week of April, but it won't be pretty.

You are a genius

(not sarcastic)