Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from bear, i was there from 8:30am till about 11:50, it seemed like this was the best coverage all season. So much new snow, no bare spots. They blew until about 830 then turned the guns off, it left some fresh snow on top of the groomed trails in spots. There were lots of humps of snow, i dont know if this is the terrain or its excessive snow piles they just left. They were working on cascade the whole time i was there, park crew was maintaing the stuff in the park. I only did a few runs on the black bear park, i was mostly on the other side. They have two boxes set up in the family park, one is the same level as the snow the other is a ride on with an okay drop (I was trying to learn boardslides on this but i always get hung up in the blackbear park and here.) then a huge freshly blown pile of snow, i guess it would be a jump. The rest of the trails were great, had a mix of groomed stuff and fresh blown stuff. The snow was pretty slow i could not make it all the way to timberline from the top. I know i dident use all technical terms but their was my best shot at a report for you.

Yeah the box at the bottom is blocked off its for the rail jam thing

i hear a nice size jump is being put in tubing as well. i feel like a bitch for missing today so i cant confirm that but thats what i hear. i will be up first thing in the morning

that is confirmed... and its hugish. i dont think i will even hit it it is like one of their biggest. its alittle smaller than that insanly sized one that noone hit last year. its the last hit in tubing. oh and park was good today. all the rails were burried they were all like a foot off the ground. the flat box had a ddecent sized hole after it that i landed sideways in and that didnt work out so well. the jumps seem to be getting built differently this year but i like them. they seem liike the lip is almost quarter pipe like and it gets you really high. they are fun cuz you dont need alota speed for them. the lip on the step down was really weird it was like uneven. it was a really good time tho.

i hear a nice size jump is being put in tubing as well. i feel like a bitch for missing today so i cant confirm that but thats what i hear. i will be up first thing in the morning

Yea from what i saw tonight the jump looks just as big as last years final big jump in the tubing park line (maybe bigger?)

Conditions were sick tonight tho - just got my off-peak pass too haha stokage.

It was my first time park riding since bears opening day and what an improvement they've made. i sessioned the flat down rail, drop rail, high rail w/ steep landing, and then the up rail with the jump at the end - line - a few times and the lips and landings were all sweeet and not icy for the night session. keep it up burrr.

i personaly didn't like that jump i probly hit it 10 times it was really hard to clear and there was no chance of rotating on it and you would have to bomb from half way up on cascade

it seemed to be kinda a waste of snow but maybe it will be fun this year

this year its a little smaller and the lip is alot wider. also today i ran into a coule of employees thhat were complete jerks i mean seriously if your gonna work there... even if ur not clocked in... you should at least not be a jerk. i was practicing my rails switch ( in the mini park) and the guys is like comon tanner lets see it huh comon lets go llets see it. i was just like screw you d-bag and ignored him but then i saw him later and hes was like starring at me giving me mean looks and i have never met the guy and dont see anything that i could have done to make him do that. if somones gonna pick on somone else for practicing stuff they are not too good at they really have a problem.

this year its a little smaller and the lip is alot wider. also today i ran into a coule of employees thhat were complete jerks i mean seriously if your gonna work there... even if ur not clocked in... you should at least not be a jerk. i was practicing my rails switch ( in the mini park) and the guys is like comon tanner lets see it huh comon lets go llets see it. i was just like screw you d-bag and ignored him but then i saw him later and hes was like starring at me giving me mean looks and i have never met the guy and dont see anything that i could have done to make him do that. if somones gonna pick on somone else for practicing stuff they are not too good at they really have a problem.

Yo miss was that you in the comp today kinda sacking yourself on the box at the bottom in the comp?

Edited by Freerider

Yo miss was that you in the comp today kinda sacking yourself on the box at the bottom in the comp?

nope that wasnt me. i was there but not in the comp... i had no idea it was even happening so i got there and was surprised they had a box in the base area. im looking forward to hopfully competeing in the freestyle weekend thinger tho.

so i just got back. blackbear stayed in really good condition. anyway they opened cascade and tubing a little later. cascade had a 3 jump line, a flatbox, double c box, staircase, battle ship rail, and a barrel bonk. tubing had one big jump, about 50 feet.

anyway as for what i thought... the cascade jumps didnt have enough pop but were sized nicely. the barrel bonk was set up terribly high in the beginning but was lowered and fixed up. its still hard not to land flat after it. the big jump in tubing was actually pretty nice. i felt like it had good pop and size. my only complaint is the inrun for it. the last roller really throws you off right before you hit it. ...couple nasty crashes on it.

big jump in tubing is sickk, just needs to get groomed a little bit better...I beileve andy is going to go up tonight and smooth out the in run for it and groom the lip a little better (kinda had weird pop to it in my opinion).

As for the other jumps in cascade, i think they such but again, i think they are going to be fixed by andy tonight...

i wanted to hit the big jump so bad but i just never got around to it. anyways the condish was nice even though i was really pissed about parking in the upper lot. definitely the most fun day of the year for me... so far