Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are tons of water hook ups that dont have blowers hooked up to them

they should be blowing full on kodiak and the parks instead of timberline and the halfpipe

i can name 10 spots on the park side of the moutain where they need blowers

Edited by k2wwwkid

there are tons of water hook ups that dont have blowers hooked up to them

they should be blowing full on kodiak and the parks instead of timberline and the halfpipe

i can name 10 spots on the park side of the moutain where they need blowers

i have noticed that too bear has alot more blowers over on timberline and the all mt riding trails but the park seems to not have very many blowers

They're trying to keep the whole mountain open that's all. This way they'll have better conditions on the whole mountain although admittedly I think they are stretching themselves kinda thin. It would be better to focus their snowmaking in key areas rather than spreading it out as to survive the next warm up.

Edited by Rowsdower

last year bear was talking about being the best park on the east and this year it seems they gave up that idea :banghead:banghead

they are capable of it they just dont have the snow i wouldnt say they gave up because if they did park crew wouldnt be fixing stuff when the snow is soft even tho it will just get rutted out again. i dont think they gave up they just dont have the snow.

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

oh and conditions were surprisingly good today for how hot it got. landing switch in the deep snow kinda sucked but it was still a good day. later in the day park crew put another nice lip on the up-box. it seems like when the park crew that works later in the day gets there they put a better lip on the up-box. overall nice kinda slow soft day

i think that with this up comming weather that bear should at least have enough snow to open cascade...i dont care anymore if it has huge features, just open it so that everyone that wants to ride park doesnt have to hit the same exact trail. you can make it an expert park without big features, put all jump ons and that kinda stuff, and the other park with easy stuff. also for the big hit they should put the guns aimed at tubing to big hit then they will have twice the number of guns and an really get some nice jumps.

Got back from my semi-BC session.

Hands down I will never go there again. I bought a lift off someone in the lot for $15 and I was glad I did. I literally took 2 runs and left, went to Blue for a few hours. I was snaked three times all by snowboarders under 5'. The lift also stopped 7 times in 2 lift rides. Coverage was absolutely horrible. Mud, rocks, shit everywhere. Every landing to every hit was either extremely dug out or a solid chunk of ice. The landing to the flat box was so dug out you can see mud. The only thing, surprisingly, that I even had the slightest bit of fun on was the jump towards the bottom. Blue was no picnic either but I had a much better time on Come Around than I would of ever had at BC tonight. Going there was a stupid idea on my part and you wont see me back for a long time. I feel bad for the passholders. The base depth in some places couldn't of been more than a few inches. That place really made me appreciate Blue, and made me glad to be a Blue passholder.

...i want to start off by saying it may be better for everyone if you stay away from bear creek. you can take your shitty assed attitude somewhere else.

2nd of all, its your fault for going to bear creek and expecting a whole lot since its been a good 2 weeks since they have blown snow. it w as also one of the busiest nights of the year and the snow they still have left is pretty unworkable.

I highly doubt the lift stopped 7 times in 2 rides, i ride there every day and it rarely stops more than once every couple rides. oh and the mud and rocks you rave about are easily avoidable.

give blue and bear some quality blowing time and we will see who makes a better park.

i would feel even worse for bear creek passholders if you were a regular skier there. oh and stop being a cheap piece of shit and buy a lift ticket to help support a local mountain.

:tinfoil:

haha but i mean blue has the sweet bus and cement mixer now hahah llllllaaaammmeeee

blue has use for the cement mixer its used to bury all the people who fall off their shitty ass swingset or poorly made s box

lol it isnt just a regular bus its a short bus which is what people who brag about how good blue is ride to the mountain

i actually like blues park too, other than some of their junk its fun. the top section of sidewinder last year was nice, same with the dfd and the bigger jumps.

but anyway back to bc, stuff wasnt as bad as i expected tonight and what snow they have is holding up well. hopefully they will blow around the clock now to please justin.

justin-i told you the bc kids are a strange bunch...i only stayed for 2 runs too. complete trash i agree.

anyways, anyone think the park will be worth riding tomorrow with round the clock snowmaking? last time i was there during snowmaking it was aweful. trying to decide on whether or not to go to blue or bc.

and im still waiting on someone to scan or check for my pass. im really pissed about this.

sooo any report on how conditions are today? i am planning on going up for nastar tonight, just curious.

((also, as a sidebar (really didn't think this warrants its own post but i'm curious)... is it totally lame to do nastar as a snowboarder? i don't really care, not like i'd stop doing it, i think it's fun... But i was at an Unnamed Local Shop last week as i REALLY need a new board, and the guy working there was a total asshat... he asked me how i ride, i told him and also mentioned i started doing nastar and he snorted and told me that was really lame. he then told me i should just buy the best looking board they had because it was obviously all i cared about. i did not buy anything))

anyway, how is it up there? hopefully better since they blew this morning? every time it rained the past two weeks i got so sad for bear...

sooo any report on how conditions are today? i am planning on going up for nastar tonight, just curious.

((also, as a sidebar (really didn't think this warrants its own post but i'm curious)... is it totally lame to do nastar as a snowboarder? i don't really care, not like i'd stop doing it, i think it's fun... But i was at an Unnamed Local Shop last week as i REALLY need a new board, and the guy working there was a total asshat... he asked me how i ride, i told him and also mentioned i started doing nastar and he snorted and told me that was really lame. he then told me i should just buy the best looking board they had because it was obviously all i cared about. i did not buy anything))

anyway, how is it up there? hopefully better since they blew this morning? every time it rained the past two weeks i got so sad for bear...

who ever said that should not be allowed to be a sales man and should be fired. he def. is NOT going to sell ANYTHING acting like that.