Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

killington had better conditions in may last year...

and your point is...Vermont gets pounded with all the storms that turn to rain at Bear Creek. Besides, its not like Bear wants to have bad conditions, they have blown as much snow as they can and have not gotten any help from mother nature. As far as I am concerned, skiing Bear Creek is early december is good enough for me.

i think bears conditions are great for the kind of cover they have. Everyone was asking for urban set ups, and they gave em to us. They could have a rails on cascade but i'm not gonna complain the new setup is pretty nice and the flat drop flat rail is so much nicer now that they leveled it out

did bear blow last night? cuz looking at the web cams there doesnt seem to be many brown spots, but when i was there yesterday morning there were alot. anyone know?

I talked to Mark today and asked him about making snow last night.He said they were able to make snow at a few locations for only a couple of hours.Not very productive.(sigh)

The snow today wasnt very cooperative...we spent a lot of time filling ruts but they would just re-appear after 30 or so riders stomped in the same exact spot. I'd like to be able to at least keep all the lips on the larger stairset in very nice shape as consistently as possible, so please try not to ride over the wooden top and stairs.

The entire area surrounding the stairset should be kept as clear of people as possible, especially towards the end of the battleship box and over in the blind spot after the steps. I understand that the location of the small jump causes a lot of congestion in that area, but that will be changed soon. Educating people who dont understand reasonable park etiquette will go a long way, so lend some helpful tips to people you see creating dangerous situations.

yep today was pretty nice conditions. the flatbox landing was weird and the jump too, they just had a bunch of loose snow after them.

ahhhh we saw you today i think. you absolutely kill it chica.

haha i couldnt land anything today, it was terrible. fuun day overall though for sure.. i need to hit up bc more often

ahhhh we saw you today i think. you absolutely kill it chica.

haha i couldnt land anything today, it was terrible. fuun day overall though for sure.. i need to hit up bc more often

yeah thnx iwas in yellow pants and green helmet with missdemeanors. i think i saw you in the orange coat?