Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

the jump in the halfpipe was definetly the best they had tonight and one of the better ones they have built. i dont really know why but with the correct speed it was perfect for spinning... great conditions today i dont know how they pulled it off but great work groomers/park crew

Edited by Oakley21

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I'm new here, but not to BC.

How are the conditions on the trails? I don't usually go into the park. I always go Fridays after work and stay until close. It's an hour drive from my house to my parents' house near BC, and if the conditions are crappy I might skip this week. From what you can make out on the webcams it looks really slushy.

Hey...went to BC on Tuesday night. Conditions on the trails were really slushy, as expected. It was my first time to BC so forgive me for not knowing trail names. When we'd go up the quad and try to cut over to the right part of the mountain, found ourselves barely making it over some of the flats, and we had to hop quite a bit. Lot of the flatter trails are real narrow, like 7-8 feet. Just make sure if you're cutting across to the right side from the quad you dont slow down at all. Also if you're heading back to the quad from timberline you're going to need a boatload of speed to make it up the slight uphill, because again there's a 7-8 ft narrow slush spot that you gotta book through.

As far as the downhills, I was quite suprised that they held up as much as they did. Still quite a bit fun, and not a lot of ice (obviously). Aside from the park though there wasn't too much diversity to look forward too, but I guess that's bear, but hey I'm not complaining!

yep yesterday/night was nice. i was there from alittle after opening till about 8pm. everything was surprisingly really nice the lips and landings didnt get rutted at all. THE JUMPLINE IS SOOOO FUN!!! i had so much fun in the jumpline its awesome. only thing was the first one was good then after i hit it a couple times i started to not like it that much. otherwise it was pretty sick.

hopefully bear will get in some good snowmaking times soon.

conditions were awesome today. i rode from about 10-5 and even near the end it was still good. park crew was hard at work. the big jump was perfect, cascade line was nice, and the halfpipe jump is my favorite. they put in and new down box where the bleachers used to be and moved the bleachers in front of the big staircase. i liked the setup of that alot better today, it definetly got a lot of usage. lips were good and landings held up decently for the slush. i'm a big fan of bears park setup right now. the snow is holding up really well and the brown spots are easily avoidable.

Edited by Oakley21

conditions were awesome today. i rode from about 10-5 and even near the end it was still good. park crew was hard at work. the big jump was perfect, cascade line was nice, and the halfpipe jump is my favorite. they put in and new down box where the bleachers used to be and moved the bleachers in front of the big staircase. i liked the setup of that alot better today, it definetly got a lot of usage. lips were good and landings held up decently for the slush. i'm a big fan of bears park setup right now. the snow is holding up really well and the brown spots are easily avoidable.

sounds nice too bad i wont be up untill tuesday :banghead:banghead thats cool they moved the bleacher which side is the slanted part facing to when your aproaching it left, same as last time, or right ?

haha i saw a kid like go switch his front was facing downhill(idk which side that is front or back) anyway he flipped forward and almost broke his neck cuz he flipped over and landed almost on his neck...but it was a really awesum day...idk if anybody was up 2day but i had a brown SIX XL on for like a run...i'm 5'5 and the hoodie was about 5'2 pretty funny

Today was the first day I ever snowboarded in my life. I was hard at first, i must have fell at least 30 times and now my back hurts. But it was fun after I get the hang of it. When I was going down a girl that is an instructor at Bear Creek told me how to go on my toe side, I was doing it all wrong. All in all it was a lot of fun, and I liked the mountain. Maybe after a few times I will like it a lot more.