P-tex burning?

Glenn

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is definitely something to be said for tearing something down and rebuilding it your way. I get it Glenn, it's not just about money, but you like to know how things work, and tweak it your way. If you are careful with what you do you're not going to burn things down. Noone ever got anywhere new by doing what has already been done.

• 4 weeks later...
Unless you have a good heat source meant for p-tex, it's always a sketchy thing to do on your own. Because it's so messy, it helps to put tape around the hole like when you are painting a window frame.

And if you want to try something funny, drip some burning p-tex on someone you don't like...it's a lot like napalm.

I was doing some p-tex work on my board and driped some burning p-tex from 3' to the floor. Wow! that makes one of the coolest sounds I have ever heard and it looks realy cool too as its falling in a fire ball. And I found out that base cleaner burns REALY good :yes . Although those of you non-pyros might not get as much enjoy ment out of this.

I was doing some p-tex work on my board and driped some burning p-tex from 3' to the floor.  Wow! that makes one of the coolest sounds I have ever heard and it looks realy cool too as its falling in a fire ball.  And I found out that base cleaner burns REALY good :yes .  Although those of you non-pyros might not get as much enjoy ment out of this.

Hehe, be carefull now. So did you ever mod that glue gun or just open it up? For the work I've just been using a lighter, but I'm hoping to have a better method.

i dont have the time because i would rather do things like eat, sleep or ride, and im probably going to get a new board this summer so it realy only has to last that untile the und of this season. anyways im not a racer so it doesnt realy matter if im not the fastest person in the world. :)

i dont have the time because i would rather do things like eat, sleep or ride, and im probably going to get a new board this summer so it realy only has to last that untile the und of this season. anyways im not a racer so it doesnt realy matter if im not the fastest person in the world. :)

Its more than just going fast. The better the condition of your base the better you turn. Why a new board? Yours is in good condition. I don't think you have out grown it. Even so, it's no excuse to misuse the board, it will still be a trusty backup, or even a board you keep forward stance on, or any number of things.

but how would you get all the stickers onto the new board?  same thing goes with your brother, god knows what kind of board is underneath all those stickers  :lol:

Nah, each board should have its own personality, you can't reuse stickers. Half the fun is collecting them. When I get my new board, no stickers are going on it, until the top sheet starts getting messed up (which based on how many times I've been run over in the lines at CB means it should take about a week).

• 8 months later...

Does any one know the mealting tempature of p-tex? I though it was meantoned but can't find it (300ish?). I found out last year that p-tex sticks fit into the mini hot glue guns, but mine wasn't hot enough. I found the other day that the high temp guns are 380 degrees and only ~$2 at walmart, so it might work for a low cost p-tex gun.

Thanks