WTB: Yakima Rocketbox 16

nick malozzi

I found one on Craigslist almost brand new for under $200. Just keep your eye out. I originally wanted a rocket box but ended up with a space booster and have had more than ample room so far for my needs this season.

Yea i was looking at the spacebooster too, but i'm going to be cramming a lot more in there then just my snowboard. So I want to go as big as I can. I mean, my snowboard, kayak paddle, and tons of climbing gear needs to get stuffed up there. Not to mention whatever room is left over up there is going to get filled with clothing and other odds and ends. Trying to pick one up cheap so I can still pick up some hullraisers so my kayak can sit next to the box. Thankfully i have a bike rack i can mount on the back of my car, otherwise my roof was going to end up quite crowded.

I checked all the PA craigslits with no luck. Think i might check out jersey and deleware next. i just hate searching on there since you have to search in each area.

Edited by nick malozzi

You might be better off renting a uhaul trailer.

Oh that day will come. I'm just trying to get myself, my gear, and my clothing out first. Then I'll eventually fly back home to fill a u haul with my furniture and what not. Have to find a place to live first.

No Hitch, and no plan to ruin my outbacks ground clearance by adding one... I'll just rent the u haul truck

Edited by nick malozzi

I hear you on the more space thing Nick. However, if you're using the factory rack on the Subaru you might have some space issues width wise with the rocket box and other attachments. This was one of the bonuses of me settling with the space booster. I can fit a bike rack and the box on the factory crossbars just fine, and might even be able to squeeze two on there with the box too if I get creative. If you're using Thule/Yakima crossbars you should be fine cuz you get a ton more room with these, but just something the keep in mind.

Also, boxes are usually a little more plentiful in the New England area, and my parents live up by Worcestor, MA. As of now I'm planning on trying to visit them right after New Years, so if you see anything up there let me know and I could have a look at it for you and possibly bring it back.

I hear you on the more space thing Nick. However, if you're using the factory rack on the Subaru you might have some space issues width wise with the rocket box and other attachments. This was one of the bonuses of me settling with the space booster. I can fit a bike rack and the box on the factory crossbars just fine, and might even be able to squeeze two on there with the box too if I get creative. If you're using Thule/Yakima crossbars you should be fine cuz you get a ton more room with these, but just something the keep in mind.

Also, boxes are usually a little more plentiful in the New England area, and my parents live up by Worcestor, MA. As of now I'm planning on trying to visit them right after New Years, so if you see anything up there let me know and I could have a look at it for you and possibly bring it back.

Yea I've got Yakima's on my outback already. So I'm not too worried about space. Not sure what size bars I have, but they hang over each side by about 4-5inches. So they are fairly. I've also had my parent's Thule Cascade box up there with a a bike rack, and there was plenty of room. I wanted to buy my parents but they won't part with it.

I've got family up that way too. Thanks for the idea to look up that way. Might work out well since they have to come down for my graduation party in a few weeks.