Buckman's KOP Rail Jam Registration

johnnypowder

Registration is now OPEN for our Rail Jam

Register Here

Rail Jam is in KOP Mall Parking Lot on Saturday, February 23rd.

Qualifying Heats begin at 3pm

$30 to register

if you are one of the first 100 to register online you will receive:

Free pair of Skullcandy ear phones ($25 value) and a Free lift ticket to Sn

Wow! Uhhhh, that kind of money is going to bring some pros in. You guys are hooking in with Sno, oh well.... I mean I am rooting for them and all, but they aren't getting it done, as of tonight from Sno kids who are going to Boulder for thier park. I wonder if Ryan himself will maintain the way Andy did last year, probably not.

I know it is early, but will there be a gap and what type of boxes or rails?

Will Billy Van Gilder and the USASA do the judging again?

Edited by Papasteeze

Wow! Uhhhh, that kind of money is going to bring some pros in. You guys are hooking in with Sno, oh well.... I mean I am rooting for them and all, but they aren't getting it done, as of tonight from Sno kids who are going to Boulder for thier park. I wonder if Ryan himself will maintain the way Andy did last year, probably not.

I know it is early, but will there be a gap and what type of boxes or rails?

Will Billy Van Gilder and the USASA do the judging again?

$30 to register and you get $80 back. ($25 Skullcandy ear phones, $55 Sn

i think he meant to reply to dh?

it was a reply to both papa and dh.

answering papa's questions about Planet Snow and Bill Van Gilder, etc...

and dh's "ahahahahahahahahaha".

guess i didn't pick up dh's quote when i was replying.

got more registrations overnight. we are about 25% full already!

In case anyone misreads my posts - and DH this goes to you. This event is the best and largest off site rail jam I have ever seen or been to and all the indications are this year's is going to be even bigger. $30 bucks is a steal.

Really if you want to compete or watch an awesome event this is certainly the one to be at.

• 2 weeks later...

Registration is almost 50% full so be sure to register sooner rather than later!

If it fills online then there won't be any registrations accepted day of!

Once it's full it's full! Doesn't matter who you are you won't get in.

On another topic -

We just finalized the DJ and MC for our event:

Skullcandy is bringing in DJ YoungBigMike

and

we have secured Snowboarding Legend Mike Estes to be our MC.

Mike did the announcing for the 2007 Grand Prix. He was one of the founders of "Summer Camp" at Mt. Hood, and has done commentary for Snowboarding events on ESPN.

check out this 1988 photo of Mike from transworldsnowboarding.com

Think you will be able to reg. the day of? I "might" be out of town that weekend so I don't want to commit to being there till I know for sure.

The way it's going it looks like we will have our 100 competitors before then.

Not sure what to tell you other than perhaps you need to roll the dice and register.

its really kinda lame that they dont have a girls division!

it's really a vicious circle:

we don't have a girls division because we don't have enough girls stepping up and we don't have enough girls stepping up because we don't have a girls division but until the girls start showing up there can't be a girls division.......

and it's really a no win situation.

this year we added a skier division so the boarders and skiers aren't up against each other.

now

if we add a girls division we really need to add 2, one for skiers and one for boarders which would take the open divisions from 2 to 4. That would double the amount of prize money needed and really to do that we would need to cut the overall payout per division.

is that fair to the other divisions?

or do we make the girls compete as 1 division?

at the same time, how do we justify giving a division winner $1500 if there ends up only being 5 or 6 in the division vs 75+ people in male snowboard division?

i'll be honest with you, right now we have 50+ registered and less than 8 of those are skiers. last year everyone wanted a skier division and now there is one and so far the skiers aren't stepping up.

and the circle goes on....

John...... if you can at all.....

Let the girls compete for a different registration rate - or better yet let them hit the jibs for the cost of thier time to fill out the waivers - the bare minimum and then toss them all the swag you can.... find some way to support the women in the sport. There were a fair number of women at the Trans Am and they were throwing down with the best out there.

Put the girls all in one group. Besides aren't you having Roxy in as a sponsor or am I mistaken?

honestly i know alot of girls that would do it. i would be so down to do it if there was a girls division. i feel like i would be getting cheated if i had to pay 30 bucks to register when there isnt even a division for us girls. and i think all girls would be fine with girl skiers and riders being together. at least we would have our own div...

and maybe our prizes wouldnt be as big as the mens, but hey anything like swag or a smaller cash prize would be better then nothing!

honestly i know alot of girls that would do it. i would be so down to do it if there was a girls division. i feel like i would be getting cheated if i had to pay 30 bucks to register when there isnt even a division for us girls. and i think all girls would be fine with girl skiers and riders being together. at least we would have our own div...

and maybe our prizes wouldnt be as big as the mens, but hey anything like swag or a smaller cash prize would be better then nothing!

Ok, we have added a girls combined division!

It will be for prizes.

I have talked to our Roxy rep along with a few others and we will come up with some top notch female product prizes possibly even a board or skis.

Our website has been updated so the drop down box when registering now has "female combined" as an option.

I need you to get more than just a couple of girls to register so we have a good showing!

Ok, we have added a girls combined division!

It will be for prizes.

I have talked to our Roxy rep along with a few others and we will come up with some top notch female product prizes possibly even a board or skis.

Our website has been updated so the drop down box when registering now has "female combined" as an option.

I need you to get more than just a couple of girls to register so we have a good showing!

You guys are the best! You should hook up with Boulder and do something more this season. A skier Comp would be super awesome.