Yes yes yes

yes yes yes - I am back from India - and have my new burton board - it would good - I tried it on Risk It on Sunday. We do not have any skiing or boarding in Mumbai but you can do this in Pakistan - we cannot go there anymore!! I will go this week and have good time on Floyds Foolly. I even ate lunch in the cafeteria - but - you must put curry on your american food!! It is good here!!

Welcome to PASR! Wow a member from India. How'd you find out about PASR?

Its cool that you went to Jack Frost for the first time. You should try out the other mountains like Bear Creek, Blue Mountain, Camelback, Sno Mountain, or Elk. A lot of different terrain and a lot of cool people...

I was here last winter to visit family. american skiing and riding is very very good. jack frost has good snow. i tried bear creek and blue mountain last year and they were much fun too!

too bad the closest ski resort to mumbai is 1422 kilometers!

whoever this is stop trying to be a friggin indian who comes to the poconos every year and somehow knows english

SHOW YAH FACE

too bad the closest ski resort to mumbai is 1422 kilometers!

whoever this is stop trying to be a friggin indian who comes to the poconos every year and somehow knows english

SHOW YAH FACE

you should know that the best ski in India is Gulmarg where they have a good hill station- it is very far away near Kashmir - there is no ski in Mumbai it is too hot!! In India most of us speak very good english (we were part of the British Colonial Empire at one time). I have only been to Gulmarg 1 time so when I visit family here in the America, I ride my board. this is only my twice time in America - just started last year..... i need to speak good good english for my job - I am a customer service prof in mumbai. my family has a shop for donuts in a place called tobeyhanna so i visit and ski much.

If it does not rain i wil be at floyds fooly for this WMMR day - i will meet you - yes?

My elementary school had 15 kids with the last name Patel, 1/3 of the class was Indian. By high school that number was diluted because the other 8 elementary schools that feed it didn't have such a high concentration. Still, every single one of them spoke better english than this guy. In fact almost every one of them spoke better english than the white kids. I think this is a 13 year old pretending to be Indian having a good laugh off his racist ass jokes. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it. If I'm wrong, I'm glad you like skiing here but if you are traveling all the way from India you should try Vermont out unless you have family around here.

If you are a 13 year old having a good laugh - jokes on you buddy. My friend was born in India, his dad actually does own a Dunkin Donuts to fit the stereo type, but he got a 2350 on his SATs and is going to Columbia and will probably make more $$$ than all the kids who figure out how to graduate from your crappy PA school combined. And he gets laid more often than you do. Racism went out in the 60s, anyone still clinging to it is just afraid because they are unable to compete and are grasping at anything to try and gain a sense of superiority.

They added a essay section to the math and reading sections. Most schools don't use that section for evaluation of a student yet.

I'm not sure when they are going to start using it. My class was the first to take it and all the schools I applied to explicitly said they would not use it for admission or scholarships, but some of the ivy's did take it as another thing to differentiate people. It is still out of 800 per section, so if someone asks what I got for the older score I just add the math and verbal scores, and the new score you add in the writing, you don't take your percent and adjust it for 1600 you just ignore the 3rd. This is also different than what the scoring was about 15 years ago. A 1600 in the 80s was nearly impossible, but now is certainly achievable. I got a 760/760/720 on the 3 sections which is about 4 questions wrong over the whole thing with 3 or 4 questions skipped, that would have landed me about about 50 points lower in each section under the old scoring.

And for anyone who thinks the SATs are fair - look how much I know about gaming the system, you learn that from tutoring that rich parents can afford and poorer ones can't. Are the SAT scores of inner city kids lower because they have a worse education or because they didn't get the ubiquitous SAT tutoring that suburban kids get? My scores jumped about 200 points with the tutoring which landed me a full ride, a little investment goes a long way. Other people who can't make that investment don't get the scores and therefore don't get the scholarships. It is really unfair.

Funny you say that cause I took my SATs, got a 1200/1600 and then took then did the Princeton Review where you are "guaranteed" to raise your score. Well my next score was 1150/1600 and I got a full refund. So no its not about the tutoring. If you put the effort in, you can help yourself.

The kids that want to get out of the city, work their asses off to get out. They are the motivated ones that want to change their lives. The ones that don't care and just wanna get out of high school, they are the ones getting the low SAT scores cause it won't change their life anyway.

My elementary school had 15 kids with the last name Patel, 1/3 of the class was Indian. By high school that number was diluted because the other 8 elementary schools that feed it didn't have such a high concentration. Still, every single one of them spoke better english than this guy. In fact almost every one of them spoke better english than the white kids. I think this is a 13 year old pretending to be Indian having a good laugh off his racist ass jokes. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it. If I'm wrong, I'm glad you like skiing here but if you are traveling all the way from India you should try Vermont out unless you have family around here.

And wtf is this about? The kids in your school spoke better English because THEY ARE AND HAVE BEEN LIVING HERE. This guy doesn't speak that great of English CAUSE HE DOESN'T LIVE HERE meaning he doesn't always hear proper English and isn't speaking it that much.

He also said that he is over here visiting family, that is why he is boarding in PA.

Grill off the guy.

And wtf is this about? The kids in your school spoke better English because THEY ARE AND HAVE BEEN LIVING HERE. This guy doesn't speak that great of English CAUSE HE DOESN'T LIVE HERE meaning he doesn't always hear proper English and isn't speaking it that much.

He also said that he is over here visiting family, that is why he is boarding in PA.

Grill off the guy.

I'm a skeptic by nature, I must be wrong here sorry. I just found it odd that he repeats things like good good good and yes yes yes and what not, which is the ridiculous stereotype of Indian people. Never once have I heard one of my friends parents do that. And his equipment is listed as "rice and curry", again with the stereotype. And customer service rep, dunking donuts, its all so cliche that it caught my racism-o-meter. I haven't seen anything that would point to the contrary, except that GSS says he is legit and I believe GSS so if he knows him then he is legit.

I actually saw his uncle Apu the other day at the Kwik E Mart.. :banghead

So much about nothing. First, I do not think any of you are racist. My English is good because many American companies have cust service telephones answered in India. That is what I do. These jobs offer much pay when compared to what else is available however, the hours are long and one can burn out as americans like to call it. I will be here for one more week before going back to Mumbai. Rice and Curry - that is a good joke because that is what everyone seems to think we eat - although my mum does put much curry on everything! I missed this WMMR day but I was at Jack Frost yesterday. The races were very good to watch - so many go so fast. You sound like very nice people.

Cool Rajeev...I think it's cool that companies outsource their customer service jobs to India because most Americans don't want to do those jobs and the labor is way way way cheaper over there.

The Curry and Rice thing reminds me of one of my favorite Youtube videos. Based off the Gwen Stafani song..Hollaback Girl..lol...

Enjoy the rest of your time in the Poconos... :wiggle

yes and thank you very very much. this is something i can do only once each year. i have learned much about snowboards and skiing and the american people and will tell many in Mumbai about Jack Frost and Blue Mountain.

Not to mention is is probably cheaper to come here than to go to Dubai

It is much cheaper to come here - the dollar has been devalued against the rupee many times now. Also, I have a place to stay here with family. I have heard of this indoor hill station in Dubai and it is probably very small and costs too much. my american friends have been good to me and i will try skiing too. you should visit me in Mumbai

It is much cheaper to come here - the dollar has been devalued against the rupee many times now. Also, I have a place to stay here with family. I have heard of this indoor hill station in Dubai and it is probably very small and costs too much. my american friends have been good to me and i will try skiing too. you should visit me in Mumbai

its rather expensive, especially considering theres no skiing in mumbai..it might not be worth it

cool to hear your having a good time though