Quick TR for 1/12/8

Ski

Anyone spending time on the NF today got a real surprise: snow. Lots of snow. Boomer and WL had been closed only because the connectors had bare spots. WL was fantastic in the morning, with edge to edge coverage and groomed. Boomer also rocked, but you had to be careful with your speed toward the bottom of the headwall where some bumps were launching some people. Cannonball was okay---no bad spots, and Smoke was pretty much taken over by the race team.

It was cool that the former US Ski Teamer, Holly Flanders, spent most of the morning with the devo team.

Crowds? Sno Mountain was pretty much our private ski hill today. People were apparently scared off by the weather last week. I think there were more ski patrollers cruising around than paying customers.

Awesome mo fo day...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i'm assuming they made snow last night?

How about the upper mountain? Switch is still listed as being closed.

Temps should be good for snowmaking tonight and hopefully some real stuff tomorrow night! :D

I don't think there were any snowmaking hours last night---they just had so much base from the cold snap that they pushed it up the connectors/run-ins. As far as Boomer and WL goes, it's as if the bad weather never happened. And the snow on Boomer and WL was clean and white, which usually indicates it's groomed from a deep base.

Switch and Highball are dead---maybe 60% covered. The big park has plenty of coverage, while Mainline is open but has some sketchy spots. Whistler is the only upper mountain, non-park slope in fair/good shape.

Also, they have another 40 new guns to go with the 193 from last season. They just need some cold weather...

once again, i like sno, but the park was garbage tonite
That was because it went from warm to really cold. Everything was really choppy on the park. Bumps formed on the slope from people stopping, then once it got cold out they hardened up quick. The park should be a lot better by the weekend when they blow the snow to fill the slope back up. We took out some new lights in the lift building. I don't know if the snowmakers planed on putting them up in the park last night or not, but when they are up the park will should be really bright. Edited by xNick11

I'd like to see some pictures too, what we saw last year looked good but the Sno riders are light on pictures/video compared to JFBB, Mountain Creek, and Bear park rats. Even the blue mountain riders take more pictures than you guys.

I haven't taken any pictures of Sno, but I've only gone 4 times, so far. The snow seems to be disappearing really quick, compared to last year at Sno. I'm a little disappointed, so far :crymore: . I think next year I'm only getting my JFBB pass.

I haven't taken any pictures of Sno, but I've only gone 4 times, so far. The snow seems to be disappearing really quick, compared to last year at Sno. I'm a little disappointed, so far :crymore: . I think next year I'm only getting my JFBB pass.

Did you ski WL, Boomer, or Smoke today? They were perfect groomed corduroy from edge to edge :confused

No, I went to JF. I was referring more to the upper part of the mountain, loosing snow quickly.

The NF was amazing this weekend. I'm exhausted. There were never more than 25 people (other than wherever the race team was) and the steeps were like it never rained this week. You're one hard mo fo to please :yes

That's the one bad thing about the main face of sno, it's really exposed and rain and warm get to it quickly. I know there's not really much that can be done about that....other than maybe put tarps over the slopes :confused

It's also what happens when you cut down all the trees to expand the terrain park...Whistler has been just fine because it's so shaded...

But if Sno is going to blow tons on Spike for the jibbers and tons on the NF, then it works for me.