Quick TR for 1/12/8

Ski

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sucks. Rob I hate you.

When did you turn into a troll that only comments on my posts? Aren't you the guy who was crying last year that you were going to quit skiing because it turned into a fashion school or something like that?

Wanna talk about your life and why you are so bitter? Whats the matter? Parents don't love you?

When did you turn into a troll that only comments on my posts? Aren't you the guy who was crying last year that you were going to quit skiing because it turned into a fashion school or something like that?

Wanna talk about your life and why you are so bitter? Whats the matter? Parents don't love you?

Rob, don't start shit with SMS. Just don't. And you sure don't want to get personal with parenting issues because we all know how much bail you'll be coughing up some day. When someone says they hate you, just accept it.

Rob, don't start shit with SMS. Just don't. And you sure don't want to get personal with parenting issues because we all know how much bail you'll be coughing up some day. When someone says they hate you, just accept it.

hahahahaha jumping into this one and dishing it out are ya? Well at least I won't have to yank them out of brothel like you will yours.. :wiggle

Rob I dont like you, because you are a billboard for BB. Guess what, to most of the people on here they could give a rats ass about BB. Including park riders. Toast, Shadows, myself, and others dont like BB. Its not everyones favorite place to ski, and it everyone can agree that no body likes hearing BB from you.

And yes I have quit skiing, not because its a fashion show. Dont make up stupid shit like that. Aside from the constant back problem, and arthritis in my right knee, skiing is no fun anymore. Skiing without a good group of friends it pointless. And dont say come to boulder we have a great crew, geuss what, not everybody likes skiing with them. I liked skiiing with my friends, and then when they realized they needed real lives, they went out and did that, now im gonna do the same.

And yes I have quit skiing, Aside from the constant back problem, and arthritis in my right knee, skiing is no fun anymore. Skiing without a good group of friends it pointless.

Why are you on skiing boards?

I thought I might try and find where you were sick of skiing and one of the reasons was because of clothes but gave up reading your last 10 posts. I dunno whats going on with you, but you are a very angry person. If you don't like hearing from some one who talks about thier hill in a positive manner then don't read it.

Go to your profile and look at your last posts. Are you happy with what you write on this board?

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.p...sult_type=posts

Why are you on skiing boards?

I thought I might try and find where you were sick of skiing and one of the reasons was because of clothes but gave up reading your last 10 posts. I dunno whats going on with you, but you are a very angry person. If you don't like hearing from some one who talks about thier hill in a positive manner then don't read it.

Go to your profile and look at your last posts. Are you happy with what you write on this board?

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.p...sult_type=posts

Actually I am thrilled with my posts. All of them seem to be negative and directed towards you. Why are you on a skiing board, dont you just take videos and picutres od Steven?

Actually I am thrilled with my posts. All of them seem to be negative and directed towards you. Why are you on a skiing board, dont you just take videos and picutres od Steven?

Hes no different than all the parents of kids in soccer, football, baseball, and basketball. Have you seen that shit lately? This is tame. I don't like it but if you are going to treat skiing as a sport this is what happens.For me, I'm not interested in doing it as a sport, except a little racing, mostly just so I can get out on a race course and push myself. I won't be doing a bunch of comps and trying for sponsors, it is just something I do for fun. Once you start treating it like a sport, you get parents who push their kids to do it.

If you look at all great prodigies, it comes from their parents pushing them at an early age in some way or another. You think Shaun White wasn't pushed by his parents to be a good snowboarder? Tiger Woods? The Manning brothers? All the great muscians of all time? Hell my parents dragged my ass skiing when I was 4, I had no idea of what skiing was, if I had been a natural they probably would be pushing me to go pro. Its what parents do, so if the parents have the idea that skiing is a sport, this is what you end up with. Without overzealous parents like papasteeze there are no shaun whites and tiger woods and peyton mannings in this world. So you may not like it, but thats what it takes. Eliminate all the pro riders and skiers, and he wouldn't be here, because there would be no competition in it, it would just be a hobby. As soon as you get competition, and it becomes mainstream enough, parents start pushing their kids to do it. I've seen much worse examples, at least his son has real skill at it.

And honestly if I had to bet on whose kids are going to end up in jail, I wouldn't bet on Papasteezes. Someone around here has anger issues, and someone around here just prods the fire. I'm going to bet the one who starts fights in parking lots is the one whose kids have a wrong impression on how to solve the problems in this world, but I guess I can't talk because I don't have kids either.

Method, there are more pro athletes who come from non-driven parents than there are that come from zealots. I've been a soccer coach for a total of 20 years and my job has me around coaches and athletes almost every day. Zealot parents burn kids out and turn their kids off to sports more times than not. The best chance a kid has to succeed in a sport is to have a parent who introduces them to a variety of sports and allows the kid to gravitate toward something they love to do. But I always tell the parents of my players that the best thing they can do for their kid is to get them to the fields. Parents don't have to coach and they don't have to push---they just have to give their kids the opportunities to play. And positive reinforcement is the key to them being encouraged.

As a coach, I instill a need for respect of other players and coaches. That's also why I think Bode is a piece of crap and a terrible role model. But that's another story.

And self respect is equally important, which is one reason I have a problem with hazing. Also another story.

And to the parking lot? I don't get bullied, Method. I stand up to bullies as an example to my kids. A guy got in my face and I wouldn't back down.

Lastly, education is more important than any sport. Nothing is more pathetic than a wannabe athlete dropping out of high school because his dad thought he was the next best thing and let him blow off school. Not speaking of anyone in particular. I've always felt that way...

(Jeez, this was waaay too serious...)

Method, there are more pro athletes who come from non-driven parents than there are that come from zealots. I've been a soccer coach for a total of 20 years and my job has me around coaches and athletes almost every day. Zealot parents burn kids out and turn their kids off to sports more times than not. The best chance a kid has to succeed in a sport is to have a parent who introduces them to a variety of sports and allows the kid to gravitate toward something they love to do. But I always tell the parents of my players that the best thing they can do for their kid is to get them to the fields. Parents don't have to coach and they don't have to push---they just have to give their kids the opportunities to play. And positive reinforcement is the key to them being encouraged.

As a coach, I instill a need for respect of other players and coaches. That's also why I think Bode is a piece of crap and a terrible role model. But that's another story.

And self respect is equally important, which is one reason I have a problem with hazing. Also another story.

And to the parking lot? I don't get bullied, Method. I stand up to bullies as an example to my kids. A guy got in my face and I wouldn't back down.

Lastly, education is more important than any sport. Nothing is more pathetic than a wannabe athlete dropping out of high school because his dad thought he was the next best thing and let him blow off school. Not speaking of anyone in particular. I've always felt that way...

(Jeez, this was waaay too serious...)

I agree with all of that, I don't think either of your kids are going to end up in jail, I'm just saying, its kind of stupid to say his son is going to be a burn out in jail just because he is an athlete instead of a nerd. I think the kids who do nothing are the ones who end up in jail,

When I grew up, I lived near the ocean. Everyday in the summer the rich kids would go out and race their sailboats. I was so damn jealous, and my parents wouldn't buy me one. So when I was 15 I worked at mcdonalds for 5.25 an hour, bought myself a god damn boat for $500. THe boat was from 1980, and the other kids's boats where all 2-4 years old, bought by their parents. We would go to practice and they would bitch, complain, and not work. By the end of the summer I was top 5 in our team of 40. That was about 5 years ago. Now we have moved into the adult realm, I'm #3, I will never beat the two guys above me, they are naturals I came way too late to the party. The moral of the story, 10 years of their parents pushing them didn't do crap, when I showed up working my ass off I caught up to their 10 years of practice in 1. I wanted it, they didn't.

I take the same approach to snowboarding, persistance is everything. If my parents pushed me I wouldn't get anywhere, they haven't seen me snowboard in 4 or 5 years, and have never really gone to see me sail. They haven't looked at my grades in years either. Yet I'm known to be the best in my school at snowboarding, the youngest sailor going to New England champs, and I (used to) excel at school, for me its not about anything my parents do or don't do.

BUT when I was 12, they pushed me like crazy, just like Papasteeze. Its like teaching your kid to ride a bike, you hold it for a while, but eventually you let go.They did beginning of high school, and now I'm in a much better place for it. They gave me the opportunity and I took them just like your saying, but at some age the parents DO have to push or you just end quitting everything. My parents stopped pushing me to play instruments, and when I got to high school and tried to learn guitar again and I couldn't remember shit, I was so disappointed. So you have to find the time to push and the time to let go, its a balancing act but any kid who has their shit together - you can usually look back to when their parents found the balance just right.

I agree with all of that, I don't think either of your kids are going to end up in jail, I'm just saying, its kind of stupid to say his son is going to be a burn out in jail just because he is an athlete instead of a nerd. I think the kids who do nothing are the ones who end up in jail,

I was just teasing Rob because I don't like him. He feels the same way. It may be a little disconcerting to innocent bystanders, but it's just the way things have to be.

BTW, you got a great life lesson from your folks. But I think you have to be really careful in balancing how much you require your kids to work for some things. For example, I'll always equip Ty with the best skis, but I'll expect her to show up for every practice.

IDK, I'm much easier on my kids than I let on. Just ask Sib...her daughter was brought up with amazing life lessons, while I spoiled my oldest. But she was also the product of a tough divorce. She's kicking ass at the 13th oldest college in America, though, so all's well that ends well...

BTW, I was in Parsippany this afternoon.

I was just teasing Rob because I don't like him. He feels the same way. It may be a little disconcerting to innocent bystanders, but it's just the way things have to be.

BTW, you got a great life lesson from your folks. But I think you have to be really careful in balancing how much you require your kids to work for some things. For example, I'll always equip Ty with the best skis, but I'll expect her to show up for every practice.

IDK, I'm much easier on my kids than I let on. Just ask Sib...her daughter was brought up with amazing life lessons, while I spoiled my oldest. But she was also the product of a tough divorce. She's kicking ass at the 13th oldest college in America, though, so all's well that ends well...

BTW, I was in Parsippany this afternoon.

Ski, I like your old school approach to coaching and parenting. All of the decent parents I have met in my 10 years as an educator have very similar values. Keep up the good work!

Ski, I like your old school approach to coaching and parenting. All of the decent parents I have met in my 10 years as an educator have very similar values. Keep up the good work!

Hey, thanks, Poc. I'm just really fortunate that Ty got my wife's brains. BTW, have I mentioned it's a buyer's market up here? :)

uhhhmmm...

Did we get a little off-topic here?

I'm looking for slope conditions and all I see is a diatribe on parenting!

soooo....is the mountain making snow?

the illustrious web site says it's not, and has said this for the last two days!

not an informitive tool (the web site) to get skiers to their mountain!

I'll be there tonight and post what I see.

the good news.....DAYS and DAYS of cold snow making weather in the future.

Funny to read this thread this morning. Huge misconception that I "push". I should push my kids in a lot of circumstances, but I don't as a general rule although I have on occaision. Things do aggravate me, for example, nips doesn't seem to be interested in practicing for the US Open at the end of this month, I mention it, but I don't "push". I lay stuff out in front and have the kids make thier own decisions when it comes to competitive snow sports and they make thier own choices. Ridge doesn't really ski any more because he has other things he wants to do and I am fine with that.

The skiing industry especially related to parks, is my newest 7 year hobby. Wierd as it is, I seem to go on 7 year obsessions. Before skiing, it was surf fishing, before fishing it was computers, before computers it was woodworking, before woodworking was.. hahahaha guess!

Anyways........... any eyewitness reports on the 22' pipe at Sno?

Hmmmmmm. But it's none of my business.

He is into the social thing with his school friends. We are a long ways from the slopes and his friends don't ski, so he rather hang at home. I might make him go this weekend, except there is an "important party" Saturday night.. His girlfriends. So I guess he better stay at home and go to that. LOL!

The skiing industry especially related to parks, is my newest 7 year hobby. Wierd as it is, I seem to go on 7 year obsessions. Before skiing, it was surf fishing, before fishing it was computers, before computers it was woodworking, before woodworking was.. hahahaha guess!

Mmmmmm....urinal cake taste tester?

toilet-face.jpg