How to Backflip

EAZY-Emuntz

Someone please tell me this kid isn't serious.
Kid...lol. I've probably been snowboarding longer then you have been alive.

Getting popcorn re-reading this one and awaiting the return of DH.
Seriously though how do hit nuts taste? Salty? You are at least the second person slurping them so I wanna know if I'm missing something.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously though how do hit nuts taste? Salty? You are at least the second person slurping them so I wanna know if I'm missing something.

Oh man, I got totally PWNED.

I'm gonna go watch some snowboarding videos and discover the true meaning of style.

Oh man, I got totally PWNED.
Wasn't going for ownage, just wondering why all you guys swing and slurp his nuts?

I'm gonna go watch some snowboarding videos and discover the true meaning of style.
You should...I can recommend some really good ones that show some steezy style. I mean there won't be any killer straight back flips...but there will be some other nice styling tricks.

AND...I'm still wait to for someone to explain or point out what is some mad stylish about straight flips. We are on like what 4 pages now and no one has come even close to that lol.

Edited by burton71

You should...I can recommend some really good ones that show some steezy style. I mean there won't be any killer straight back flips...but there will be some other nice styling tricks.

If you could I'd be forever greatful. Once I know what style is maybe people will give me some respekt and won't say I suck nuts anymore. Please recommend some where riders where headphones though. I've always wanted to ride to tunes but I never knew how to before. Surely if I see a vid I'll be able to figure it out.

If you could I'd be forever greatful. Once I know what style is maybe people will give me some respekt and won't say I suck nuts anymore. Please recommend some where riders where headphones though. I've always wanted to ride to tunes but I never knew how to before. Surely if I see a vid I'll be able to figure it out.
Start with People and We're People Too. After you watch those I got a few more for you. Into some slightly older vids? Make sure to check Technical Difficulties...possibly the best video in the last 10 years.

Its funny there are so many bandwagon jumpers in this thread since all I did was call straight flips lame lol.

Edited by burton71

Start with People and We're People Too. After you watch those I got a few more for you. Into some slightly older vids? Make sure to check Technical Difficulties...possibly the best video in the last 10 years.

Its funny there are so many bandwagon jumpers in this thread since all I did was call straight flips lame lol.

People this dumb should be shot immediatly. Seriously, this thread has provided entertainment but its just too much. Do you realize everyone here thinks your an idiot? We are talking about LAYED OUT BACKFLIPS, not "lame" straight flips. DH, just put this kid in place. And no I havent tasted his nuts.

I'm still wait to for someone to explain or point out what is some mad stylish about straight flips.

What's so stylish about a backside 180? What about Marc Frank doing no-grab cliff drops? What makes a backside nosepress stylish?

Style is about 10% trick selection and 90% rider ability. I could watch Andreas do back rodeo sevens all day, but take your average snowboarder and tell him to do a back rodeo seven and I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that it would look average at best. Same with a backflip; yeah, your average rider at Bear Creek might be able to huck a backie and land it but it probably looks like shit, meanwhile guys like Ben Lynch or Travis Parker can float a completely laid out backflip over a sixty foot park jump and make it look better than any other trick done that day. For you to say that every single backflip in the history of snowboarding looks like garbage is both indicative of your attitude towards snowboarding and your own personal style. Personally I think front rodeos should have been left in 1998 but I'm not going to say that every single one is ugly and that (insert trick here) is better because that would be completely ignoring personal style, something that is of an utmost importance to me.

When I was talking about putting effort into this thread I was considering getting all my snowboarding videos together and putting together a compilation of the best backflips but I've since realized that such effort would be completely wasted on somebody who selects their tricks based on how well they would do in a contest.

People this dumb should be shot immediatly. Seriously, this thread has provided entertainment but its just too much. Do you realize everyone here thinks your an idiot? We are talking about LAYED OUT BACKFLIPS, not "lame" straight flips. DH, just put this kid in place. And no I havent tasted his nuts.
LOL. Get a grip kid, we're talking about the same thing.

What's so stylish about a backside 180? What about Marc Frank doing no-grab cliff drops?
BS 180's can be one of the most stylish tricks ever...thanks for proving my point by using MFM as an example.

Style is about 10% trick selection and 90% rider ability.
Agreed. Take that same rider, have him chuck a backflip and a underflip. The underflip will look better every time and isn't any harder to do. Which is my point from the beginning.

For you to say that every single backflip in the history of snowboarding looks like garbage is both indicative of your attitude towards snowboarding and your own personal style.
Never said every backflip was lame. I said they are lame because it is one of those trick unless it is done just right..ala Travis Rice...looks lame. Again thanks for proving my point for me.

Personally I think front rodeos should have been left in 1998
Good for you. The rest of the snowboarding world would disagree, especially since they are showing up all over the place again. I've seen switch underflips in just about every release this year.

I've since realized that such effort would be completely wasted on somebody who selects their tricks based on how well they would do in a contest.

Dude again comprehension...I don't pick my tricks on videos or contests, my point with that is if two tricks have the same difficultly level the one with more style will win. Just like a BS 180 scores higher the a FS 180 in a contest.

my point with that is if two tricks have the same difficultly level the one with more style will win.

Please explain comprehension to me because I would like to know just exactly what it is in your personal definition that differers from the rest of the world. You are implying that certain tricks inherently have more style than others, my argument is that it has next to nothing to do with trick selection and relies heavily on rider ability. You prefer front rodeos to backflips, I understand that. Do you also think that everyone it the world should have the same favorite color as you?

Please explain comprehension to me because I would like to know just exactly what it is in your personal definition that differers from the rest of the world. You are implying that certain tricks inherently have more style than others, my argument is that it has next to nothing to do with trick selection and relies heavily on rider ability. You prefer front rodeos to backflips, I understand that. Do you also think that everyone it the world should have the same favorite color as you?

Yes some tricks have inherently have more style then others. Take the best front board you have ever seen and compare it to the best back board you have ever seen...which would you say was the more stylish trick.

shut the hell up burton71

Hey chill daver. We should be so lucky as to have someone named "burton71" impart us with the wisdom of what is stylish and what is not. Plus he gave me some killer advice on which movies to watch to find the true meaning of style.

which would you say was the more stylish trick.

Oh, I don't know, probably the one with more style.

Guys I think I've had an epiphany in this thread; if you are not doing the most technically difficult trick at every given opportunity you just aren't snowboarding right and chances are you look like shit while doing it.