Bindings.. Skis... Or both?

Mike Piccoletti

I'm currently riding Line Invaders, But I really destroyed them this year in Vermont and they have a few coreshots, they CAN last me another season, but If I get the money, WHy would I?

Do you think its bad skiing these ski's with a few coreshots and tear's on the edges? haha wow i have no idea how they got this way... Or should I go buy a new pair and put my mojo 11's on em'? Also, I kinda made the mistake and not knowing how big of ski's i can handle for this year, The year before, I skied 140's, These are 160's and they still feel small at 5'5"

If i get Bindings I wanna go for a higher end Look binding, Because I've heard so much rep about them...

Edited by Mike Piccoletti

I'm currently riding Line Invaders, But I really destroyed them this year in Vermont and they have a few coreshots, they CAN last me another season, but If I get the money, WHy would I?

Do you think its bad skiing these ski's with a few coreshots and tear's on the edges? haha wow i have no idea how they got this way... Or should I go buy a new pair and put my mojo 11's on em'? Also, I kinda made the mistake and not knowing how big of ski's i can handle for this year, The year before, I skied 140's, These are 160's and they still feel small at 5'5"

If i get Bindings I wanna go for a higher end Look binding, Because I've heard so much rep about them...

For your weight I think a p18 or 15 may be overkill, though if you have the cash grab them because they won't be around for long and they will last forever. You could go with a 12 or 14 which will save you money since your not a giant. Regardless, the p series is the best binding ever made so you can't go wrong. If you look in the right places you can pick a p10 up for 50-75 and p12/14 100 the P15 or P18 is going to be more costly.

Additionally old p18's have no wide break option so you have to bend them, if you a problem let me know and I can help you with this. Also the P series has a tight heal screw pattern skis light fat skis may present a problem but for tonker park skis no need to worry.

Ski wise you can fix all the shit if you are really interested, if not rock whatever you can pick up on the cheap and push the savings into a trip. My only advise ski wise is to avoid the invader....not trying to be a dick just saying.

Ski them till the season is done. Never buy Mojo bindings again because they just suck. I wouldn't even recommend look or rossignal bindings. I would highly recommend the 4frnt bindings, marker jesters(or the next year ones with the din up to 10 or 12, forget the name of the binding tho) or wait for the Salomon S series of bindings for next year cause I heard they were sick.

As for skis, if you noticed... never buy line again haha.

Edited by xNick11

Ski them till the season is done. Never buy Mojo bindings again because they just suck. I wouldn't even recommend look or rossignal bindings. I would highly recommend the 4frnt bindings, marker jesters(or the next year ones with the din up to 10 or 12, forget the name of the binding tho) or wait for the Salomon S series of bindings for next year cause I heard they were sick.

As for skis, if you noticed... never buy line again haha.

an P or PX from look, or Axial from rossi is fine. the kid's tiny, so he has no need for any of the FKS, P 12 Race, P15, or P18 bindings, but thats another story. like doug said, the mojo 15 is solid, the 11 not so much. look/rossi is the only binding i trust anymore. the 4frnt bindings are light and durable, but the release just doesnt feel as smooth as most of the others out. also, finding a shop that can mount them around here will be tough. i've always liked how salomons ski, but again, the heel just doesnt have the retention that a look/rossi does for nose butters/presses, etc. the new marker bindings ski really well, but i've never fallen when trying a pair to really get a feel for their release, although they seem very much like a look/rossi.

an P or PX from look, or Axial from rossi is fine. the kid's tiny, so he has no need for any of the FKS, P 12 Race, P15, or P18 bindings, but thats another story. like doug said, the mojo 15 is solid, the 11 not so much. look/rossi is the only binding i trust anymore. the 4frnt bindings are light and durable, but the release just doesnt feel as smooth as most of the others out. also, finding a shop that can mount them around here will be tough. i've always liked how salomons ski, but again, the heel just doesnt have the retention that a look/rossi does for nose butters/presses, etc. the new marker bindings ski really well, but i've never fallen when trying a pair to really get a feel for their release, although they seem very much like a look/rossi.

i have rossi bindings on my scratches and i love them. i have salomons on my foils and i loved them until the breaks on both skies decided to explode.

I have PX12 Jibs on my Invaders and I love them. Hadn't had a single problem with them yet.

I'd just keep skiing your setup until the season is over. Right now is usually the time where people's skis really get worked...its not worth it to get new ones right now IMO. My invaders have a few little coreshots and my edges are pitted to hell in a bunch of spots, and they still ski OK. And just like a bunch of people said, don't get them again. The bases blow and can't hold wax because they're so god damn hard. But I'm just dealing with it right now until the season is over. I'd like to have a 100% fresh setup for the start of next season than start off on skis that already have 20 or so days on them (thats for me, if you ski less then it might not be a bad idea).

Hahah ohhh Line...

As far as bindings go, I really like my salomons, but I know my boyfriend murdered both of the marker bindings he had. Then again, he's ridiculously hard on his skis so I'm not sure how long any binding will last him.

And as far as ski size goes, I'm 5'6" or so and on 169 Fujatives. I love them. They feel super nice..even though I can't really butter on them like I could on 159's. But that's not the ski's problem haha.

Hahah ohhh Line...

As far as bindings go, I really like my salomons, but I know my boyfriend murdered both of the marker bindings he had. Then again, he's ridiculously hard on his skis so I'm not sure how long any binding will last him.

And as far as ski size goes, I'm 5'6" or so and on 169 Fujatives. I love them. They feel super nice..even though I can't really butter on them like I could on 159's. But that's not the ski's problem haha.

jesse's hard on gear, and the marker bindings he had sucked.... the only markers i'd trust are the new jester, and its 12 DIN counterpart for next year, and even those i'm not entirely sold on yet. the biometric toe just sucks for park riding. no elastic travel.

jesse's hard on gear, and the marker bindings he had sucked.... the only markers i'd trust are the new jester, and its 12 DIN counterpart for next year, and even those i'm not entirely sold on yet. the biometric toe just sucks for park riding. no elastic travel.

Haha yeah he is. Wait, what's so special about Jesters though? I guess I don't really know how to differenciate good bindings from bad..other than personal experience..

Haha yeah he is. Wait, what's so special about Jesters though? I guess I don't really know how to differenciate good bindings from bad..other than personal experience..

Well it isn't a standard Marker design, the toe piece is actually based off an old tyrolla design. Marker due to there design including the biometirc toe and the way in which the forward pressure intergrates with the heal piece favor release over retention. This is good if your a jong from jersey and ski once every five years but if you push it or ride in alot of fall you die terrain you only want the ski coming off in the worst of situations. Ever notice they are the only company that makes a 30 din binding, essentially they make up for the fact that there design is shit by blowing the din through the roof. For obvious reasons this is deadly for knees. The P series from look was alot different in that it operated almost entirely from the toe piece where as Solly's and the new PX series are from the heal piece.

People had problem with Sollys because on anything other than the 916 the suport structure in the heal was plastic and they had manual toe cup adjustment. What would happen is the screw would slowly back out from riding, this in turn would expand the toe cup and remove any forward pressure. It always seemed that this would go down at all the wrong times.

Looks have far more points of contact and the ability to pull the toe and heal out around 35mm which is essential when you rip and all you really want is the half a second to get your shit back together and ride on.

I've talked to a guy I know from my local shop and he actually said he gets more problems with Look/Rossignal bindings, then he does with the Salomon bindings. I took his word for it too. Im just so against Look/Rossignal bindings. I hate the way they feel under my foot compared to a salomon binding. As for the 4frnt bindings, my local shop sells them and has the jig to mount them, so if I ever decide to get them I wouldn't have to hold back to fina a place where I can get them mounted.

Mike if I were you I would honestly get anything but Head/some of the marker bindings. You are a lighter guy, and your not aggressive. Look/Rossi,Salomon, or 4frnt should suit your needs for now.

Well, I don't think anyone really cares but Jesse broke the heelpiece of his binding on saturday. Snapped it right off.. and it turns out that he doesn't have Markers, they're actually Rossi Scratches..go figure. He is REALLY hard on his equipment though, so it's not the binding's fault..