Satuday

Johnny Law

How crowded will Sno be on Saturday?

I would like to check this place out and Bear will be a mad house. I can do crowded but not Bear Creek Presidents Weekend Saturday crowded......maybe I will just go to Burke.

Sno is not crowded on the weekends. I was there the Saturday of MLK weekend, and it was not crowded. Maybe you had to wait 5 liftchairs, max.

I would guess that it won't seem that crowded even if there are a lot of people. The mountain can ski a decent number of people b/c it doesn't funnel to just one area. I don't think I've ever had to wait for more than a few chair this year. I think you should be fine and based on ski's TR from last night it looks like the snow should be pretty decent.

Edited by snoskier

YAY, Chippy is taking some time out of his very busy two job schedule to come to Sno! Are you guys gonna stay for the parade and fireworks?

We'll try. But thats an uberly long day, and we don't live close to Sno. I have to go back to work on Sunday morning. But we'll stay as long as possible.

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Will be wearing my black Buckman's jacket. Stop me and say hi!

Cool, I'll give a holler. I wear a red jacket, with silver/gray patches on the sides, black pants, Atomic SX 10's, and a red and white helmet, with a PASR sticker. The names Dave...

Awesome. I wear a lilac spyder jacket with black pants.

You know who I am, so just give me a holler....

Hey, Ski, are they doing Nastar on Saturday?

Hey, Ski, are they doing Nastar on Saturday?

They are scheduled to run NASTAR, but I have to check tomorrow and see when Interscholastic races are. They have three coming up and they replace the regular NASTAR. It's for little kids on up to high school age and it's run on the regular NASTAR course, so you'd be eligible for it, Chippy. They usually run them on Saturdays and there are trophies, but you have to sign up in the lodge fairly early. You'd be in the 15 and older class. It's probably the same price as NASTAR.

It's pretty low key and the only difference from a NASTAR is that they erect a finish area and a couple dozen parents walk over and watch.

I'll letcha know or you can call 1-800-GOT-SNOW and ask for the ski school desk...

They are scheduled to run NASTAR, but I have to check tomorrow and see when Interscholastic races are. They have three coming up and they replace the regular NASTAR. It's for little kids on up to high school age and it's run on the regular NASTAR course, so you'd be eligible for it, Chippy. They usually run them on Saturdays and there are trophies, but you have to sign up in the lodge fairly early. You'd be in the 15 and older class. It's probably the same price as NASTAR.

It's pretty low key and the only difference from a NASTAR is that they erect a finish area and a couple dozen parents walk over and watch.

I'll letcha know or you can call 1-800-GOT-SNOW and ask for the ski school desk...

So they would let any kid do it? Even me? I'm in!