feb 18, 2008 edit

CBKpride

boulders parks are sick toast. freedom has so much flow and is so fun, boulder park is perfect.

first off, perfect is impossible. second, i hate boulder and i always will. out of all the days i have been there i have only enjoyed one of them... and that was because the ENTIRE mountain was closed for the team comp. and those were the only people that got to ride. i dont care what other people think about it or if other people suck its dick like papasteeze. we all have our own opinions, and mine is that i hate it.

first off, perfect is impossible. second, i hate boulder and i always will. out of all the days i have been there i have only enjoyed one of them... and that was because the ENTIRE mountain was closed for the team comp. and those were the only people that got to ride. i dont care what other people think about it or if other people suck its dick like papasteeze. we all have our own opinions, and mine is that i hate it.

well... your posted videos and this post show perfectly what you know about parks. So really, what is your real beef with boulder. Rather that spewing mindless crap with no substance state some observations and facts.

What I saw in the last video was jumps the size of what is in medium park at boulder but with less pop. I'll let the first video go since it was six weeks after boulder opened and we all know that blue didn't get anything together until 2 months after boulder opened.

well... your posted videos and this post show perfectly what you know about parks. So really, what is your real beef with boulder. Rather that spewing mindless crap with no substance state some observations and facts.

What I saw in the last video was jumps the size of what is in medium park at boulder but with less pop. I'll let the first video go since it was six weeks after boulder opened and we all know that blue didn't get anything together until 2 months after boulder opened.

nevermind... there is no point in arguing with somebody like you, Rob. i don't like Boulder, and that's that.

Edited by toast21602

nevermind... there is no point in arguing with somebody like you, Rob. i don't like Boulder, and that's that.

Not to step on your toes,

but you never did make ONE single negative point about Boulder.

In my opinon, JFBB is MUCH better than anything else in PA.

I did Vermont again last weekend and I can't see making the drive North unless there is a big event worth attending.

Edited by TT C6

nice edit dude. still don't see what all the hype is behind Boulder's park... but lets not get started on that.

um, i just questioned what the hype was all about with their park, and i said i DIDNT want to get started with an argument, and still never got an answer because as soon as papasteeze got done bouncing on Boulder's dick he had something to say.

but like i said earlier, nice edit.

Good, then shut the fuck up and stop posting that you hate BB. We all know how you feel.

Hey, asshole, then why don't you shitheads stay the fuck out of other forum threads bashing other parks? Your bitch leader Rob has spent the last year and a half threatening to even make calls to the the county to attempt to cause problems with the sale, then has made over a hundred posts hating on our hill. And a bunch of little boys from BB and BC play follow the leader and have bashed away.

Rob bashes and hates, then says "Oh, but I hope great things for your hill." Problem for Rob is that not everyone is as stupid as he is. Except people like you.

Now, step back from your computer and think about what you're about to say because my statement is 100% accurate and your response will just be driven by misguided emotion.

Oh, and nice work for sure!

Everyone gets all defensive about their local hill, and then it gets personal like the Ski vs Papasteeze pissing contest, and the Toast vs JFBB hate, and the universal hate of CB (at least we can all agree on one thing, sorry Ski911), I'll even count myself among it when I flipped out about JFBB firing the JibLab guys last year, that was certaintly personal.

But if you step back and be objective about it, some things stand out. I can be more objective than most because I think most people get attached to THEIR local hill and want it to bet he best so they can say they are riding the best. Who wants to be the best at the worst hill? Thats why no one posts in the Shawnee forum here really because no one there has pride in it. You are telling me there are more customers at Sno than Shawnee so therefore the Sno forum is more populated? No way, there are LOCALS at Sno, there are not many at Shawnee. There are LOCALS at JFBB and Blue and Mountain Creek and even Camelback, and everyone thinks there scene is great. Well guess what, none of them are perfect.

JFBB - is short, has slow lifts, bad hours

Blue - opens their park late, sucks at grooming

Camelback - jesus christ is that a park?

Sno - still not great with the park, slow lifts

Mountain Creek - sucks at snow making, expensive, bad hours

And they also have their good points

JFBB - first to open, last to close, great park, best conditions, open domain policy

Blue - lots of fun terrain, park is damn good, fast lifts

Camelback - fun terrain, decent grooming/snowmaking, fast lifts

Sno - fun terrain, good snowmaking, improving rapidly

Mountain Creek - fast lifts, great park

So yea, then after that its just an opinion of which one you like best. I never said I hated Blue, I hated their park, now their park is a hell of a lot better, and despite two days of shitty conditions when I went I had fun. I wouldn't say their park is great, but I would say it is a LOT of fun. Everything is medium sized, everything is GOOD ENOUGH, it just excels at flow. You go to Boulder and they have more variety by far than Blue, every feature is better than any one at Blue, but nothing is as long, the laps take longer, and the hours suck. Go to Mountain Creek and you end up with almost the best of both worlds, but the place is more expensive than the Superbowl and their snowmaking blows so it takes FOREVER to open.

In a perfect world for me, Peak would have bought Mountain Creek, installed a snowmaking system on par with JFBB, and this debate would be laughable because Mountain Creek would be the bear park east. But since that didn't happen, so I have to compromise. No one will ever agree on what are the best compromises, if they did only one mountain would be in business.

Until then, hating one mountain or other on principle is rediculous. I hate Camelback's park because it sucks, I certaintly don't hate Blue just because I think it is slightly lower on my list of places I want to go than Boulder.

Although I would note that you busted out two videos of parks that no longer exist. The second video has the his/hers ramps that are no longer there, which to me was one of the better parts of the Blue park, I feel that park has a narrow range of difficulty, and while perfect for my skill it doesn't lend well to those below intermediate in the park, nor does it challenge those above. Boulder and Mountain Creek have a much better variety of stuff, but not so many of any one difficulty in one run. So Blue might be better for you or me because we get 15 perfect hits on the way down, but for those above they would rather 6 on Boulder Park that are better, and those below would rather 10 at Mountain Creek per run rather than 3 at Blue.

• 3 weeks later...