Superunknown...

meggles

So..I'm sure those of you on NS know that Sean Jordan and Jon Brogan both are legit competitors for this year's Superunknown contest held by Level 1.

http://www.newschoolers.com/web/forums/rea...read_id/346652/

A lot of people seem to be thinking Brogan's gonna take it.. Thoughts?

He really deserves it. Kid slaays it and he doesn't get much recognition for it. Well, not until now...

It'd be soo sick to see a local kid winning that. It was really sick that Wallisch won since he was from PA..but this is even more local.

Brogan really IS "superunknown"..most of the other guys trying to win it aren't exactly "nobodies".

Jon Brogan is the real deal!!! That kid showed up at my house preseason w/ a bunch of boulder kids to hit a rail w/ ice shavings we got. It was a semi-ghetto single barrel that was over waist high and Jon was throwing a whole array of tricks from super smooth spins on and off to perfectly comfortable and clean switch ups. I've never personally seen somebody lock onto a rail so well.

• 3 weeks later...

Those are all sick I watched most of them all the way through, there where just 2 songs I couldn't take. It is cool to see skiers from all over I see so much easy coast skiing you forget what Mammoth/Breck look like aside from pros riding them. Also a lot of representation from the area, 3 Big Boulder cuts, 2 Mountain Creek, 1 with Blue, the only other multiple ones where Mount Snow and a Quebec mountain.

Sorry Bro.......................gan I had to do it! so funny to see the debate on NS..

1205782220-581063-600x487-1205782034idiot.jpg

wasnt he at salomon jib academy riding for salomon...? i thought brogan's edit was more fun to watch, and his style is arguably much better than anyone else in the contest, but martini's got him beat on difficulty in the urban department for sure. i'll attribute that to the fact that it doesnt snow in PA, and there arent really any good handrails around here at all.

wasnt he at salomon jib academy riding for salomon...?

yeah martini was/has been traveling with them. ON top of that he placed like fourth in his heat at THe USFO - i don't remember how he did in the finals. But yes martini looks to have a full hook up with salomon, way more so than wallisch last year.

Martini is a much better skier by far. NO OFFENSE JON! However Jon's style is unique and worthy of a berman segment.

IMO Of course! :)

Sean what was up with your song kid!!??? I could barely sit through your edit!!! Killin' me man...

ps. just joking with you, it is so dope to see so many PA kids in the Superunknown mixup this year.

Edited by T*Maki