longest Bear/Doe has been open?

JibHonk

The big thing is only pass holders show up after mid march and BC doesn't make anything. This actually happens alot of places, if you want BC to stay open get the people that actually pay full price to get out. The whole worker issue is a big one too. Otherwise BC could have ten feet of snow and it wouldn't matter.

I don't know how long you have been riding at Bear but you should know it can all melt in a week under the right conditions.

Edited by Johnny Law

I am not sure about the stats for Doe, but as Bear Creek our longest season was 103 days. I think we should have no problems making that this year.

The biggest problem in the mid-atlantic is the mentality of the skiers and riders. Most people hang up the skis and boards as soon as we get one warm day in March, when, in actuality, we typically still have great conditions.

The reason we continue to pound the mountain each night is to offer the best possible snow conditions for the people that continue to come out. Every year I hope we can break through to the masses and show them that we still have great conditions in March. This year, we are nearly giving away the Midweek Ski and Stay packages in March to try to and draw people in and show them that the skiing and riding in March can be great!

Also, as we all know, the majority of guests coming in March come for the parks. Starting March 10th we will turn Timberline and the entire tubing park into terrain park, snow permitting. The best way to assure that we stay open longer is to spread the news to your friends, family, even enemies that the conditions can be great in March.

Andy is already formulating ideas for the new terrain we are turning over to him and the park crew and I expect to see some pretty creative features.

I am not sure about the stats for Doe, but as Bear Creek our longest season was 103 days. I think we should have no problems making that this year.

The biggest problem in the mid-atlantic is the mentality of the skiers and riders. Most people hang up the skis and boards as soon as we get one warm day in March, when, in actuality, we typically still have great conditions.

The reason we continue to pound the mountain each night is to offer the best possible snow conditions for the people that continue to come out. Every year I hope we can break through to the masses and show them that we still have great conditions in March. This year, we are nearly giving away the Midweek Ski and Stay packages in March to try to and draw people in and show them that the skiing and riding in March can be great!

Also, as we all know, the majority of guests coming in March come for the parks. Starting March 10th we will turn Timberline and the entire tubing park into terrain park, snow permitting. The best way to assure that we stay open longer is to spread the news to your friends, family, even enemies that the conditions can be great in March.

Andy is already formulating ideas for the new terrain we are turning over to him and the park crew and I expect to see some pretty creative features.

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Yeah that sounds great. Timberline is the perfect trail for a park. In fact I would give the racers cascade or black bear to have timberline as a park instead.

i was thinking the same exact thing. the fact that its harder to get to because of the flats is better too. its just that cascade->tubing or cascade->lower black bear is probobly a bit longer than timberline

This is why I always defend bear creek when people come down on them, I love it and I can't wait I'm already ready for it I heard rumors of a natural park on or near timberline maybe now it'll be a fact not rumor?