Bear Creek Freestyle Weekend

EAZY-Emuntz

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the creek is having their freestyle events this weekend and it would be cool to know more about it

What are the age divisions?

What rail(s) is the rail jam on?

Where is the slopestyle?

i think slpestyle will be in tubing park but im not sure. obviously i dont think it will be on the srtup that is in there now.

Does anyone know if they're gonna rebuild the big air jump, cause they kinda should its not very good. they're gonna see a shitty contest if they leave that one up.

hahaha i love travis and his blatant honesty...

rail jam should include the down-flat-down, a down handrail, and a long flat box with a wall ride at the end or a bonk...that would be the most legit set up!

second that...Jam format, two line setup (two rails on left and two on right) finishing with the bleacher box

i think alot of people would hit it but you should also have like a box as an option

"rail jam should include the down-flat-down, a down handrail, and a long flat box with a wall ride at the end or a bonk...that would be the most legit set up!"

agreed.

The 42 is a little iffy....Its actually almost toooo long. People have hard times cleaning the whole thing. Ide stick more to the down red rail or something along those lines....42's a sick rail but you want something that people are gonna be able to throw down on....YA DIG!!!

yeah that single barrel is almost too long for people to really throw down on...but the squared off red rails (one in cascade after the down flat down and another one in black bear) would be soo nice for that too id say the smaller square down rail.

but then again...the long red single barrel will add alot of challenge to the set-up

I was curious so I checked the website for more info, here it is for those of you who are out of the loop;

Freestyle Festival Weekend

Weekend Activities

Friday, 03/07 Rail Competition with music by On The Mic DJ's

Registration and practice from 3:30 to 5:30 comp begins at 6pm

Saturday, 03/08 Slopestyle Competition with music by On The Mic DJ's

Registration and practice from 9am to 12:30pm, comp begins at 1pm

Sunday, 03/09 Big Air Competition with music by On The Mic DJ's

Registration and practice from 9am to 12pm, comp begins at 12:30pm

Yea, thats why i was tossing that out there. Some kid i dont know called me dumb for posing the question, i wonder if he knows what rail i'm talking about? I think i might try to get the flat bar from next to the quad set up.

that would be perfect. and set up just how it is now. a down rail with a little bit of urban to it.

Yea, thats why i was tossing that out there. Some kid i dont know called me dumb for posing the question, i wonder if he knows what rail i'm talking about? I think i might try to get the flat bar from next to the quad set up.

its cool will, he's from blue....that explains alot.

do we know any other details about the jam yet??? format, location, rails your gonna use??

Edited by nick

The registration fee is sooooooooo beat wow...all i gotta say is it better be worth it!

$15 is cheap when you consider that I just had someone pay $50 for a contest no more than a week ago :/

The sponsors for the contest are Pinnacle Sports, Arbor, Atomic, Flow, Rossignol, Sessions, Krank'd, Pulse Weekly and G-Spot and Spectrum Boardshops. I'd guess that any prizes I'd win would just get flipped on ebay.

its cool will, he's from blue....that explains alot.

do we know any other details about the jam yet??? format, location, rails your gonna use??

i ride blue. what does that explain? i know which rail he's talking about, i've ridden bear several times this year too. i wasnt calling him stupid. its a rail jam, and bear has a long single barrel rail, that would be a lot of fun set up as an urban down rail, just like blue and boulder have. its a RAIL jam. too many rails jams these days forget the rails and use way too many boxes. if you put it out, people will figure it out and start throwing down on.