Trip Reports for 3-18-08

toast21602

well since people seem to like the photo reports, here is another:

today i woke up and it was raining out so i didn't feel like going, but then i realized that the days left to ski at Blue were limited so i got my ass out of bed and got ready to go. on the way there it stopped raining and then as i was sitting in traffic i thought it started to snow. it didnt actually snow though... there was a truck in front of me that was dropping huge pieces of styrofoam all over and it was breaking apart which made it look like snow. stupid asshole.

so i got to Blue around 8:15 and there was nobody there again. definitely not as nice as yesterday, but at least it wasn't raining. still a decent amount of snow on everything.

BlueMountain3-18-08002.jpg

took my first few runs through Sidewinder and then over to Come Around. the jumps are still small. the lips on rails still arent good. i have lost hope. maybe things will be better for the weekend. that would be nice.

BlueMountain3-18-08003.jpg

BlueMountain3-18-08007.jpg

i took some more runs down burma as well. i'm starting to like that trail even more. it was strange not seeing the Mainstreet or Burma lift running. i forgot tat they closed them the final week and fed everybody to the 6pack.

BlueMountain3-18-08008.jpg

at the end of my session i took a run down Mainstreet and then over to Paradise to finish off a few runs. both were really nice with soft granular snow. pretty much untouched.

BlueMountain3-18-08004.jpg

BlueMountain3-18-08009.jpg

for those of you who are curious and haven't been to Blue this year, here is the bottom of the new trail which feeds out right at the last straight part on Paradise. it looks like it should be a pretty fun trail.

BlueMountain3-18-08011.jpg

that pretty much sums up my 2 hour morning session. it was decent today. tomorrow i wont be there because its going to be raining and warm. damn. at leat i know they will make it through that with all the snow that they have there.

anyone else going up today? if so, have fun in the sugar. haha

oh, ps- this is what they do with the cardboard box derby entries instead of recycling them:

BlueMountain3-18-08013.jpg

gotta love Blue! :)

The Main street chair is really slow...and they're only opening one new trail...lets hope it opens next season..it was supposed to open in 06-07 along with the new condos.. :lol:

It's raining..and I want to ski after work today..I'll see..maybe just a quick session..

What's up with those condos? I remember they had those flyers all over the lodges saying the condos and all this other stuff was coming. Is that still happening?

What's up with those condos? I remember they had those flyers all over the lodges saying the condos and all this other stuff was coming. Is that still happening?

i heard that they didn't have enough interest fro people to rationalize building them right away. i don't know the truth behind that, but its just what i heard. i have a feeling that things like that will start to pop up a little more with the new ownership and the trend towards making PA mountains more of a 'year-round resort'

i heard that they didn't have enough interest fro people to rationalize building them right away. i don't know the truth behind that, but its just what i heard. i have a feeling that things like that will start to pop up a little more with the new ownership and the trend towards making PA mountains more of a 'year-round resort'

I wasn't big on the quarter share thing. I wouldn't mind owning one outright and living in it, besides even in the offseason there's plenty to do in the area. Jim Thorpe and the Lehigh Gorge are 20 minutes away and the App. trail is just up the mountain.