Closing Date and hikable park

BC-Mark

it would be cool if they could put it on the bunny hill and just run the carpet thingy

for sure that would be a good idea, but i dont think it would be economical or even beneficial for them do do because it would require an extra staff member, resulting in providing them a paycheck, and also it would mean they would have a higher electric bill. i'm guessing they are going for the least cost possible and still trying to provide the best service as possible.

that would be so nice to have though, like a nice rail garden that you didnt have to hike. i'd be there in a second.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing id like to see is a specific like line marked off as the area where u hike so u dont have to worry about people hiking being in the way

also id like to see something like up flat down picnic tables or somthing like that

god im just skipping to the end of this thread. Bear creek is a corporation...they are not staying open out of the goodness of their hearts. they are trying to make money. we now have some logic of why they arn't opening on the weekends..so yay open on weekdays.

id like to see a halfpipe built. hah

Edited by supertrooper12

im in the same boat as nick n everyone, i got school lacrosse 2-5 everyday and live an hour away. im glad there open an all but its not helpin me out.

but i think feature wise just make sure every feature can be hit by both skiers n boarders. havin that tire bonk wit the box goin up to it is limitin to skiers.

so if u throw in the rainbow rail make sure its not just thrown in without a lip. yah i know boarders can ride on that shit, but skiers can ride on like that

**Attention Whore moment warning**

One of the guys from my shop had his wedding on top of a mountain in vermont and it was awesome, but not a week after the place closed with all the mud and snow patches

I did that! March 8, 2008 in Stowe, VT!

One of the reasons we decided against having the wedding at BC is because of the weather. We wanted a snowy outdoor wedding, and since BC didn't even have any snow until Valentines Day last year, it wasn't really an option. We wanted snow, not mud, so we went to New England instead.

**Attention Whore moment over**

I think the whole hikeable park thing is really neat. I won't be there, because I'm not a park person, but the effort is appreciated.

For those of you who are complaining, realize that life's not fair and not everything can work out in your favor all of the time. The bottom line is $$$, and I have a feeling that the people at BC have figured out the best balance between staying open as long as possible and hemorrhaging money like there's no tomorrow. Remember kids, a bankrupt mountain equals no fun for anyone.

Edit because I can't spell

Edited by Snowbride08

it better be damn good b/c im skipping out on studying for a test i have on wednesday to come up on tuesday...For all of you that wont be able to make it till later in the week i should have a full report with pictures and possibly video. They better not let us down...and they better hurry b/c when i was at bear at 10 o clock pond skimming was still there and i dont think ANYONE was there.

Edited by nick

it better be damn good b/c im skipping out on studying for a test i have on wednesday to come up on tuesday...For all of you that wont be able to make it till later in the week i should have a full report with pictures and possibly video. They better not let us down...and they better hurry b/c when i was at bear at 10 o clock pond skimming was still there and i dont think ANYONE was there.

they are starting at about 10 tonight then going all teh way up to when it opens at 4 tomorrow.

nice..hopefully we get some creative shit going down, there was some good ideas thrown around on here so hopefully we get some fun stuff.

its gonna be fun. theres a bunch of simple stuff but also a few super creative things in there.

god y did my binding have to fag out of the last day i was planning on goin up tomm since i dont have school but the toe strap on my left binding is totally ripped out and forum is retarded and have shit customer support.

god y did my binding have to fag out of the last day i was planning on goin up tomm since i dont have school but the toe strap on my left binding is totally ripped out and forum is retarded and have shit customer support.

if your really hard core you will just ride your bindings like that its def. possible

I went to Bear for the first time this year on closing day for a couple runs. I wasnt expecting much but it ended up being a pretty fun day in the park. A couple things could have been maintained better but overall it was really good considering they didnt have much snow. I'll probably get a pass there next year. Whats the park like midseason compared to saturday?