Closing Date and hikable park

BC-Mark

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the true reason for not having it open on weekends??? I mean if it really were that there was gonna be weddings i dont see what the problem would be, the lodge would not need to be open, i dont think we would interfere with the guests, and its not like a couple kids riding the hill is gonna make for "ugly pictures", im think the melting snow in the background will take care of that... I just really wanted to get some good filming time in and 4-7 isnt super ideal for that and neither is only on weekdays when im stuck at school. Sorry if it seems like i was "complaining" i was just really disappointed. I was hoping that i wouldn't have to resort to going to boulder till at least the beginning of April. I mean if there was other issues like parking theres easy ways to work around that. I DO think its cool that bears trying to do this but i think it would benefit them and alot of the people to have this open on weekends as well.

Oh yeah and im pretty sure the inverse rainbow got hit by the groomer and thats why its not out. I think theres alot better things we could put out then that to...no offense to the people who like that feature.

Dude i have no clue why they wouldnt open for weekends. Bear is going to look soo shitty anyway when the snow melts more and you see all the mud. So yeah. I can really only comeup on weekends anyway. Yeah somethings messed up with the inverted rainbow ,obviously, because it hasnt been out all season; which means it wont come out now. And the s rail was pure rust when i saw it in the woods towards the begining of the season.

Oh and can we also see something like a "real" handrail we would find in the streets somewhere; setup in the hikepark?

maybe one day a week where only season pass holders are allowed?

I doubt it will be crowded enough to have to worry about that.

As far as stuff to have out...

- an up flow to bonk

- picnic table

- small jump 10-15ft

- bleacher box at the end of the trial

- flat down flow

Yea I feel like it is not weddings, although it might be, they could conceivably be open this time of year so why schedule a wedding? What if they got 3 feet of snow? Plus who would want their wedding now with the mud & the chance of bad weather, just have it at a normal place or wait 4 weeks for the trees to start popping some leaves and the snow to be completely gone. One of the guys from my shop had his wedding on top of a mountain in vermont and it was awesome, but not a week after the place closed with all the mud and snow patches

Exactly...thats what im saying. There IS alot of people who can only really make it up on weekends. I dont understand why they dont go boulders route and ONLY open on weekends. Wouldn't that make more sense??? I know it sounds dumb and ungrateful but i think it would work out alot better if they did this on weekends. There would be alot more exposure for them b/c people would come to film on weekends on all the cool shit their gonna build. Could someone like BC-Mark please explain the weekdays only thing so at least i can stop worrying about the rest of my season???

yeah bc would make soo much more money if they were open on the weekends because if you live 45 min away its hard to get there by 4 right from school especially when all the people i go with get out at different times

so they need to be open on weekends, there really is no reason why unless your a fat freaker head

and they should have an up rail/box

Edited by lumilautailija

Could some post up some BC edits from this season?

Also papasteeze heres a couple edits from the season...

this is the newest one i have

http://blip.tv/file/get/Cliff6948-FebruaryAtBearCreek314.mov

And this ones from opening weekend

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=29...52306&hl=en

I have another edit in the works from this past weekend and i was hoping to get a couple more in this season, but i cant really get to bear on weekdays so i dunno if thats gonna happen...

Edited by nick

can't you just be greatful that they are staying open longer for you to hike whatever you want during the week? no, of course not. you have to bitch and moan about something that is there to benefit you and way beyond anything they are obligated to do for you.

yeah toast well since i can't go up on weekdays except for friday (which i probably wont be able to get a ride anyways) they don't really benefit me at all so you can go fuck yourself

can't you just be greatful that they are staying open longer for you to hike whatever you want during the week? no, of course not. you have to bitch and moan about something that is there to benefit you and way beyond anything they are obligated to do for you.

dude read the posts a little better...thats the problem, alot of people cant make it during the week, and if we cant make it im pretty sure we cant hike it. Your not helping the situation by bitching and moaning about people bitching and moaning. Nobody here is saying that were ungrateful for this opportunity, i dont think i read that in a single post on here. All we are saying that this makes it difficult for some people who call themselves local to this mtn to take advantage of this opportunity. But thanks for the words of wisdom anyway....

yeah toast well since i can't go up on weekdays except for friday (which i probably wont be able to get a ride anyways) they don't really benefit me at all so you can go fuck yourself

ah, another mature response coming from the Bear Creek forum. should have expected that.

so its either they close completely or they open for weekdays only. you pick. either way you are going to bitch about it. i would take option one since it at least give you the chance to get up there.

look everyone obviosly bear has a reason that they aren't opening on weekends...take it or leave it...be happy that they are at least giving you the opportunity...if you can't to during the week there's always boulder on weekends...I'm sure there tons of boulder kids pissed that bb isn't opening during the week...well there just gonna gave to go to bear just like some of us will have to go there...maybe you won't be able to ride your home mtn but at least we have TWO places to ride yet prob for at least another 2 weeks...and none of you really can complain at least you all can go, I'm stuck at home cuz of surgery three weeks ago

ah, another mature response coming from the Bear Creek forum. should have expected that.

so its either they close completely or they open for weekdays only. you pick. either way you are going to bitch about it. i would take option one since it at least give you the chance to get up there.

1. You dont go to bear creek so shut the hell up . 2. It would be easier for everyone if it was open on weekends. 3. Blue's park is garbage 4. toast sucks without butter or jam on it

look everyone obviosly bear has a reason that they aren't opening on weekends...take it or leave it...be happy that they are at least giving you the opportunity...if you can't to during the week there's always boulder on weekends...I'm sure there tons of boulder kids pissed that bb isn't opening during the week...well there just gonna gave to go to bear just like some of us will have to go there...maybe you won't be able to ride your home mtn but at least we have TWO places to ride yet prob for at least another 2 weeks...and none of you really can complain at least you all can go, I'm stuck at home cuz of surgery three weeks ago

you mean you aren't going to complain about them doing this?! how dare you!

(oh sorry to respond, i dont ski and Bear so i guess i'm not allowed to talk here)

you mean you aren't going to complain about them doing this?! how dare you!

(oh sorry to respond, i dont ski and Bear so i guess i'm not allowed to talk here)

Dude sorry we cant all be as MATURE as blue mtn riders. Guess its time for blue to change their slogan again...Blue mountain the MATURE mountain. I think its funny that you come on here and waist your time with things that dont even effect you. Maybe its time to sit down and re-evaluate the way you spend your free time. Maybe you should go fly a kite, read a book, or do throw yourself off the top of challenge. All three of those would be better then you coming in here and waisting your time and everyone else's....There are those of us that wish they would change their minds about the weekdays thing and you sitting here whining about OUR opinions isnt gonna change what we think.

I don't quite understand their logic. If they are looking for "good attendance" in the hike park, then why is it only open on weekdays.

This pretty much sums up the whole dilema right now...