Why didn't you make snow Thursday Night & tonight?

joeybadlands

Conditions were great to make snow last night and will be tonight if the rain holds off.

Why didnt you give us a few more inches for today and Saturday?

Oh yeah cause you are closing and don't care

for the last time. bear creek is a business they do things to mAKE MONEY. how would using electricity to blow a few more inches make them money when noone is buying tickets now. obviously bear could stay open longer than they are but they just arent making any money.

Yeah they don't care, thats why they are having a hike park all next week. Jesus, some of you people just love to bitch and complain.

and your wrong if you think they DO care. Bear Creek is a corporation, just like any other corporation. Corporations compete all the time, and this is bear creek trying to compete with all the other mountains in there area who are still open like sno and BB. They are hoping that people see that they are trying to do this and will maybe come out for a couple visits next week, maybe buy a season pass next year. Dont get me wrong i think this is very cool that their trying to do this and if it works out and stays for longer then one week maybe ill take back my opinion, but for now dont think that bear is doing this out of the kind loving bottoms of their hearts....but then again maybe im completely wrong, thats just how i see it at this point in time.

and your wrong if you think they DO care. Bear Creek is a corporation, just like any other corporation. Corporations compete all the time, and this is bear creek trying to compete with all the other mountains in there area who are still open like sno and BB. They are hoping that people see that they are trying to do this and will maybe come out for a couple visits next week, maybe buy a season pass next year. Dont get me wrong i think this is very cool that their trying to do this and if it works out and stays for longer then one week maybe ill take back my opinion, but for now dont think that bear is doing this out of the kind loving bottoms of their hearts....but then again maybe im completely wrong, thats just how i see it at this point in time.

Of course BC loves money...who doesn't. But to say that BC doesn't care about its customers is just plain wrong. Since near the end of last season BC has done more and listened to its customers more than any other Mt in the area. End of last season people started talking about being able to hike when BC closed...due to the construction it didn't/couldn't happen. This year they made it happen. Also they where constantly asking for (and listening to) feedback on this forum and from other sources. People wanted more park area at the end of the season...BC made it happen again. And the most amazing part about all of this is they are listening to the park rats...the group of people that they make the least amount of money off of. People should be grateful that we have a Mt that actually listens to us instead of the constant bitching and whining that goes on here when something BC doesn't isn't exactly perfect or how we want it.

Yeah they don't care, thats why they are having a hike park all next week. Jesus, some of you people just love to bitch and complain.

Wait woah what's this. Please explain, is it just free altogether you just gotta hike??? I live like two minutes away I'll definately take advantage of this.

I can testify to the bad weather up there, I live right down the road and the temp hardly hit freezing and I thought the wind was gonna drop trees on my place. I'm not surprised they didn't try anything.

Bear Creek loves money...everything they do is in hopes of getting more money. I love bear but sometimes they should do things just to satisfy loyal customers and passholders who go there every year, even if it means losing a little money.

...and if they don't get more money, and continually operate at a loss, eventually they'll cease to operate. they're not running a charity, they're running a business. and if business fails, that's the end of it all.

and maybe they didn't blow last night because they didn't want to blow in freakin' 50-mile-an-hour gusts, two days before shutting down.

why is this the most negative forum on this whole board?

Wait woah what's this. Please explain, is it just free altogether you just gotta hike??? I live like two minutes away I'll definately take advantage of this.

it will be free to pass holders but for noon pass holders it will be super cheap. nothing close to a lift ticket.

why is this the most negative forum on this whole board?

because some people dont know when to appreciate. all they do its complain.

Its easy for alot of you people to call people out and say were complaining, but for those of us that cant make it up to the hike park it is a big deal. You would most likely be whining if you were in the same situation. People are so hypocritical and nit picky on this message board. If people want to whine let them whine...It doesn't effect you. It makes you look worse when you constantly whine about people complaining and stuff, just let it go, this is a message board on the internet, people can speak their minds and bitch and whine all they want, just let it go, jeez....I dont think anyone has called out bear yet and said that they think this idea is stupid and that their dumb for doing it. Im pretty sure everyone is on the same page with this, that it is a cool idea. Some of us have gripes with the time and day situation but you would to if you were missing out on all the fun that is gonna be had...

Its easy for alot of you people to call people out and say were complaining, but for those of us that cant make it up to the hike park it is a big deal. You would most likely be whining if you were in the same situation. People are so hypocritical and nit picky on this message board. If people want to whine let them whine...It doesn't effect you. It makes you look worse when you constantly whine about people complaining and stuff, just let it go, this is a message board on the internet, people can speak their minds and bitch and whine all they want, just let it go, jeez....I dont think anyone has called out bear yet and said that they think this idea is stupid and that their dumb for doing it. Im pretty sure everyone is on the same page with this, that it is a cool idea. Some of us have gripes with the time and day situation but you would to if you were missing out on all the fun that is gonna be had...

i was talking in general not about the people that cant make it because if i couldnt make it i certainly would be in the same boat.

If it benfits you congratulations, if not then that sucks for you, who cares, go cry to your mother. There is too much complaining going on in this thread, be happy for someone else who can ride for at least one more week then you can, you selfish bitch.

How could we (the people unable to hed up durring the week) be the selfish ones, shouldnt you call yourself selfish because you get to snowboard for another week+ while we dont because we ( refer to parenthesis above) have lives, family,friends, and oh yeah mothers that love us...unlike yours.

And dont call anyone a bitch on here, nick and his crew would run train on you...unforgivable.

How could we (the people unable to hed up durring the week) be the selfish ones, shouldnt you call yourself selfish because you get to snowboard for another week+ while we dont because we ( refer to parenthesis above) have lives, family,friends, and oh yeah mothers that love us...unlike yours.

And dont call anyone a bitch on here, nick and his crew would run train on you...unforgivable.

He needs a crew to take me on, sorry to hear that.

i am calling whoever is complaining selfish because THEY want the times changed to fit into THEIR schedule

One more thing, this was not directed towards anyone specific, i just qouted him because it was the last person to talk of it.

Just for fun (and because I just got back from my honeymoon and really don't want to go back to putting the house in order) I went into profiles and checked the ages of people on both sides of the argument. For the most part, the people who are complaining tend to be teenagers or younger, and the ones who are being rational (as well as writing legibly) tend to be in their mid 20's and older.

If you have an after-school activity that you committed to and now you can't go to BC because the times conflict, guess what? Welcome to the real world. You made a choice about what is important to you, and it's not BC's job to accommodate your choice. If you choose to spend time with your friends after school instead, that's good for you, but it's still not BC's fault that they cannot accommodate your schedule. If you live to far away to make it up there in time: sorry life sucks, maybe next time. If your mom and dad say "no, you're not allowed to go up there on a school night/you can't borrow the car on a school night/we're not lending you the car on a school night" guess what? Still not BC's problem. Give it 5 or 10 years, you won't live at home anymore and won't have to answer to your parents about your day to day lives. My mom still loves me, but she sure as hell doesn't try and tell me what to do.

I could bitch, because I'm not a park person, but I realize that maintaining a park is easier than maintaining the longer downhill runs, so I suck it up and deal. Like an adult.

BC is a business, just like everything else in this world. They are out to make enough money to profit and stay open from season to season. Sure, they want happy customers, because happy customers are repeat customers, but the bottom line is always money. For whatever reason, they have decided that being open from 4-7 on weekdays only is the most cost effective way to stay open as long as possible. If you're that unhappy with how they run things you should probably choose another mountain to take your money to. Even if it's a little more inconvenient, because money is what makes the world go 'round, and the sooner you realize that, the better for you.

haha some people need to get lives....but i guess not everybody can be as cool as a little "bitch" like me. You people are rediculous, big talkers on a lil message board. Im done with this shit. Ill report back in a week maybe a week and a half when they close the park to prove you all wrong but for now im done with this stupid argument.

Edited by nick

Welcome to America kid, heaven forbid we have corporations that have to make a profit. Did you ever realize that "corporations" are simply amalgamations of regular people? That most people who like their jobs care about what their company does? Especially upper management, running a ski resort is risky and low profit business. They need to make enough money in 4 months to cover their expenses for the year including payroll and maintenance, and hopefully have enough left over for upgrades. It doesn't come cheap. About the only thing I could see that they could do better than what they are doing, is if they just setup a park and said hike it whenever. They probably can't because their insurance, but I would say they are 1 step short of that ideal case.

haha some people need to get lives....but i guess not everybody can be as cool as a little "bitch" like me. You people are rediculous, big talkers on a lil message board. Im done with this shit. Ill report back in a week maybe a week and a half when they close the park to prove you all wrong but for now im done with this stupid argument.

Prove us wrong how? BC closing the park in a week and a half will prove that they're not out to make money? Do you even understand what you're arguing against?