Blue Mountain 3-21-08... last Friday this year.

toast21602

Blue closes tomorrow. boo.

i got up there today around 10ish. 70th day of the year. last year i had 69 days and the year before that i had 89. it was pretty damn good. right from the start i met up with Skier1112 (Ben i think). we skied mostly park all morning until Doug got there in the afternoon a little after 12. when i pulled in today it was sunny and there were about 20x as many cars as i expected. i didnt think that people came out to ski once it got warm. i guess i was wrong. that parking lot was packed and i couldnt get my traditional spot that i always get so i was pissed.

BlueMountain3-21-08003-1.jpg

when we first cruised through the park it was pretty beat. but after things started to soften up, park crue actually did there job and made things pretty nice. they didnt really rebuilt any lips (which is needed in many places) but they raked stuff and salted the jumps which made them 100% better. ironically, this next picture is of park crue sitting on their sleds for about 30 minutes doing nothing other than watch people. cool.

BlueMountain3-21-08001.jpg

since it was kinda crowded today there were some pretty serious encounters with the Lift Nazi. he definitely set some line cutters straight and gave them a good scolding. people must have been confused today. there was a guy who was wearing a nice neon one-piece outfit that looked stellar. he is actually the guy who set the Lift Nazi off by cutting lines. that stupid jerk.

BlueMountain3-21-08004-1.jpg

Towards the end of the session we met up with TMaki, Matt Stoudt, LilMiller, and some other part rats. we had a pretty good time. there was some dude throwin down some SERIOUS daffies. we rode the lift with another guy who was talking about how he had to tuck his bell bottoms into his boots in the 70s by folding the bottoms in half because they were so damn big. called it a day after that lift ride and on my last hit of the day (the stairs) i landed and my ski popped off and shot through the trees onto challenge because my brake is broken. it ended up getting so mangled that i couldnt even put my ski back on, so i had to ski down on one ski from there. i looked like a loser holding my ski in the other hand. oh well. it was a great day and the sun was still shining over good ole' Blue Mountain when i left.

BlueMountain3-21-08005.jpg

I hope to see a ton of faces there tomorrow!

My son and I got up to blue about 8:15 and were on the 4th chair, nice fast smooth snow on on challenge and razors except the wind slowed you down alot especially on razors. niko (my son) has turned into a speedster and i was givin him a little start and couldn't catch him till home stretch - ha its alll physics :banghead . we skiid the whole mountain then came back and did a few more razors/challenge which were holding up really nice. tried barneys, way too crispy and we both crashed simultaneosly after 3 turns and and bailed, really not spring conditions this morning :no . didn't see any of the mtb or pasr crew, maybe toast from the lift last run about 11 - different jacket? hope to see everyone tommorrow morning for the breakfast of champiuns!

Edited by mbike-ski

didn't see any of the mtb or pasr crew, maybe toast from the lift last run about 11 - different jacket? hope to see everyone tommorrow morning for the breakfast of champiuns!

yeah for sure. it was a black jacket with different color graphics. Forman Mills style...