Closing week Winter Park

Glenn

My season is winding down to an end. I think I have less than 10 days of riding left at this point. I've been getting a good picture or two in per day, but mostly I've been riding because it's been so good. Lots of other cool stuff happened besides whats here, but most of it didn't get documented because it was just too much fun to stop for pictures. Nick Malozzi posted a TR from today with the only evidence of the day's happenings. It was a great time and you should check out his Gaper Day TR here. Anyways, on to the good stuff...

This guy was just hanging out at the base area. He's from Boulder, and usually juggles while in his stilts. It's hard to see but he's actually wearing skis; super sketchball.

f95d6be4.jpg

So we got lots of snow this week. It started kind of wet and heavy earlier in the week. As the week progressed we saw bigger accumulations and lighter snow. The last day was 8 1/2 inches in 24 hours, and the top 6 inches of that was blower. It was the best snow I've ever skied, and it was bottomless in areas (with the other 40 inches of new snowfall this week sitting under the blower). I don't actually remember what day these pictures were taken. The second one you can see the slough (sp?) heading down to the lip of my favorite cliff.

502da05e.jpg

cb0c96b5.jpg

I rode with some guys this week I normally don't get out with. They had some kind of strange riding habits, but it was cool to switch things up.

Hunter airing out a cliff. It's hard to see him, but he is inside that pow cloud, look for his green jacket.

b915a0e6.jpg

Same cliff band different line. Dan hits the two stage cliff decent.

f163742f.jpg

c97011ed.jpg

This was from the blower day. Sam is the best skier I know. The in-run to this cliff is the steepest terrain I have ever been on. I wish I had a inclinometer to say for sure, well over 45 degrees though. The cliff is pretty big and there are trees to air over on the cliff face. The take off is between two trees slightly larger than shoulder width apart. Sam clipped one of the trees on the take off with a shoulder and still stomped the landing. Unreal.

f534b6f9.jpg

The mountain closed today which was a little depressing. Sam, Lindsy and I headed to the summit of Winter Park to watch Perry's Peak as the sun set. After a week of being socked in and amazing snow, today was spring conditions, 40 degrees and decent visability. You couldn't ask for a better closing day.

c0860914.jpg

Sick Bird ! That's a gnarly cliff to stomp the landing the maybe ten times I've hit one that big I just sort of crash/back slap the LZ serious props to the rider.

Sam is sick. His helmet cam footage is unreal. I'm bummed that out of all my WP trips I didn't get to ride with him. Next year maybe!

ive been chillin at copper most of the week for sunsation. tons of free shows and some cheap ones that we get in for free.

eek-a-mouse a couple days ago, matisyahu was last night, murs was the night before and george clinton/p funk was saturday afternoon, all for free.

the day sam dropped that cliff was probably the deepsest snow ive been in. just wish my skis werent exploding, it mightve been fun. abasin is gonna get mobbed soon. open till june 8th.

glenn thanks for the ticket and everything else you did for me saturday, i had the time of my life. What a fuckin day..

heres the pic i got of you:

Picture001-2.jpg

heres some from vail on closing day...

my friend josh hucking a ~20 footer on lovers leap:

Picture010-1.jpg

heres some more random pics from the day:

Picture004.jpg

i did jump this, josh just sucks at taking pictures ;)

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture029.jpg

there was a huge party at the summit at 4 pm

me catching some rays

Picture020.jpg

Picture028.jpg

glenn thanks for the ticket and everything else you did for me saturday, i had the time of my life. What a fuckin day..

No problem Jordan. I'm just glad you had a good time at WP. Hopefully next time I can stay out all day and show you some other areas of the mountain.

i wish i was out there for the last week, looks like a fun end to the season. it was snowing when i was at the airport flying out of denver. that storm hit you guys hard.

europe has been so much fun so far, new place everday almost. we got pulled over by a police officer in germany and lead off the highway into some random parking lot. scared the shit outta me. if you talk to the gang say hi, i'll send you all an email with some pictures when get more computer time.

i wish i was out there for the last week, looks like a fun end to the season. it was snowing when i was at the airport flying out of denver. that storm hit you guys hard.

europe has been so much fun so far, new place everday almost. we got pulled over by a police officer in germany and lead off the highway into some random parking lot. scared the shit outta me. if you talk to the gang say hi, i'll send you all an email with some pictures when get more computer time.

Hah, nice to hear from you Dave! I'll hit you up on your blog, but glad you checked out the pics. Wasn't the same without you there. Glad Europe is working out though!