May Day!

librider

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't really setup for just general riding. This is pretty much a rail jam only type thing, at least it was last year. They pretty much put as many rails out on whatever snow is left at the bottom of Big Boulder, and then its a free for all. There is not much room on the hill, and whatever room is left is taken up by filmers, photogs, those hiking the features, and people standing around. If you're planning on going up with the hope of just making turns, I'd keep going north and roll up to Tuckermans.

Ok. Flame suit on........What if you usually don't hit rails and when you do, you just straight 50-50 them. Is it cool to show up and session them all day?

I was planning on skipping the event, but what hours will there be BB be open to anyone that day?

Ok. Flame suit on........What if you usually don't hit rails and when you do, you just straight 50-50 them. Is it cool to show up and session them all day?

I was planning on skipping the event, but what hours will there be BB be open to anyone that day?

hike and huck..

this is the patch of snow that they had last year:

101_0159.jpg

and this is a shot of the partial crowd that was there:

101_0166.jpg

Edited by Papasteeze

Hmm, I think I'm going to try to make it there to take some pictures and just hang out. I'll probably try to bring a grill and do some tailgating. Bring your girlfriends, I'll be the one in the cowboy boots. :)

Edited by Glenn

How hard would it be for BB to set up some kind of "tow rope" to pull you back up to the top of the park?

I can think of a few qhetto-engineered solutions. It can't be that difficult, right?

I dont think insurance like ghetto-engineered solutions haha.

Mayday hike isnt so bad because you usually hike one feature until you get sick of it.

How hard would it be for BB to set up some kind of "tow rope" to pull you back up to the top of the park?

I can think of a few qhetto-engineered solutions. It can't be that difficult, right?

Quit being lazy and just hike it.

You are an effin retard for even suggesting such a thing.

C'mon every rail jam i've heard of has had a tow rope. Some summer rail jams even have air conditioning. Do you think Boulder could somehow install a dome over the rails so they could pump cold air in if its a hot day?

C'mon every rail jam i've heard of has had a tow rope. Some summer rail jams even have air conditioning. Do you think Boulder could somehow install a dome over the rails so they could pump cold air in if its a hot day?

where the hell did they have a rail jam in air conditioning?

Sweet. BB's gonna drop a million on a permanent structure for the plaza so we can ride in the cold at May Day. Hell ya.

Ya like that one Fluff? :lol:

I wonder when some developer with a huge set of balls will build something like this in the NYC area. It would be interesting to see how the business model would perform. It would suck for small park focused hills like BB if these things caught on in urban areas, huh?

I actually do have some suggestions for you. What phone # can I reach you at and who should I ask for? :)

Edited by TT C6