Boxes

Stevo

I was up at blue on saturday and while waiting in the lift line i noticed they got their new c box in.  It looks freakin sick, can't wait to hit it. anyone know when they're going to set it up?

sounds awesome, where did you see it? Since it's a box, maybe it'll go in down in the lower terain park, who knows?

its goin in the lower  park jeff. i said something like that a week ago i think..i kno people on the p&p crew. they tell me when all the new stuff is coming in

Hmm that will be interesting. There is such a problem getting speed through that park as it is. I can't imagine trying to have the right speed to hit a c-box, it will be interesting to see how that one works out.

For the c-box at montage the trick is getting the right amount of speed, too little you'll slide of, too much you'll go over the back.

Thats what I was getting at, its a lot easier to slow down than speed up if you are on a flat. You speed check to much coming up to anything in that lower park and you are screwed. With a little bit more pitch the slope will make up for you error.

sticky? we had a good crew of 15 or so hiking that thing today, totally killing it. tailbutters and nosebutters on, 270s, disaster 270s and 450s, all sorts of stuff. you just need to come at it with speed and its not bad. its a little bit wide for my liking though, it would be nice if it was narrower so it was a little harder.

sticky? we had a good crew of 15 or so hiking that thing today, totally killing it. tailbutters and nosebutters on, 270s, disaster 270s and 450s, all sorts of stuff. you just need to come at it with speed and its not bad. its a little bit wide for my liking though, it would be nice if it was narrower so it was a little harder.

Justo, I would take whatever he says with a grain of salt. He has to heelside all the way down Sidewinder, let alone do any hits. :P

Haha, If you want a sticky box, try Camelback's straight box. It took me forever to figure out how to slide that thing without stuttering across it and falling on my face. I finally realized if I keep my skis super wide apart, about 3 feet or so, I can slide it smoothly.

Their kink box is nice though.

Haha, If you want a sticky box, try Camelback's straight box.  It took me forever to figure out how to slide that thing without stuttering across it and falling on my face.  I finally realized if I keep my skis super wide apart, about 3 feet or so, I can slide it smoothly.

Their kink box is nice though.

Eh, it depend on what day it is. If its really cold out, snow and ice and what not will get up on the box and just sit, which speeds it up alot. Also if you keep up on the rails of the box you move so much faster rather than the middle of it.

Eh, it depend on what day it is. If its really cold out, snow and ice and what not will get up on the box and just sit, which speeds it up alot. Also if you keep up on the rails of the box you move so much faster rather than the middle of it.

Yeah I noticed that if I kept to the side of it, it was less sticky also. Skiers seem to have more problems sticking to it because skis bend inward and touch the top sheet while rail sliding, while boards bend outward during a boardslide and touch mostly the rails. Its doable though.

Yeah I noticed that if I kept to the side of it, it was less sticky also.  Skiers seem to have more problems sticking to it because skis bend inward and touch the top sheet while rail sliding, while boards bend outward during a boardslide and touch mostly the rails.  Its doable though.

But we have the same problem if we 50-50 and are in between the rails, I know what stickyness you are talking about, it seems almost all boxes are like that. Like I said though, speed makes all the difference.

Haha, I'm not brave enough to try and 50-50 that sticky thing :P. Nah just kidding, You'd be fine because of how fast you can go on a 50-50. I know speed makes a lot of difference, but for instance the A-Frame box at Killington; by the time I get to the top of that I'm almost not moving, but I never stick to it. The kink box at CB also has a very nice slide to it.

well it is a beginner feature found in a beginner park. it is naturally going to be a bit slow. it is much less dangerous to have some in experienced person get stuck 5050in it and have jump off. then an in experienced person to 5050 it get all sorts of speed and have his feet fly out from under him.

also....lets not forget what thread we are in. word