So when do we think BB will open this year?

darklordofsys

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im hoping that this colder winter actually occurs... If it is slightly colder during november this year, I wouldn't doubt that several mountains could open up with a couple trails after Thanksgiving... Not to mention, post thanksgiving skiing and riding would be a huge money maker because people don't have anything to do... I'm calling it now, 3-4 trails at Big Boulder at the least... If their lucky, Shawnee may even be able to squeeze the same 4 out they did 3-4 years ago... Hopefully they can keep the snow on the trails and not have to shut down for a week afterwards though lol... I heard that nearly 2,000 people showed up for that one day and that the lines were absolutely ridiculous...

I was there early on the 10th. It started out just up and down with no wait for the first hour. By 11 am the lines were up to about a 10 minute wait. I bailed shortly after. It was great if you got in early.

uhhhhh 10 minute wait my ass. more like 1 minute if you know how a line works.

i left when i saw kids from states like ohio and just thought how dumb they were to drive that far.

You're probably right about it not being 10 minutes but either way it was a lot longer than I wanted to wait and after a few hours of riding so early in the season I was content and didnt want to wait. Still was stoked to be up there so early in the season even though the hill was packed

Thats probably what they say about us at Mount Snow's opening day.

But Mount Snow's opening day was legit last year. 1700 vert on a long ass trail. I think they had the terrain park open on the other side of the mountain as well. If Mount Snow and BB open the same day again, I'll be in VT...again.

But Mount Snow's opening day was legit last year. 1700 vert on a long ass trail. I think they had the terrain park open on the other side of the mountain as well. If Mount Snow and BB open the same day again, I'll be in VT...again.

That is true, that is about as good as a white ribbon of death can get. A week or so prior to that they even blew some snow on their bunny hill and let people hike it;. Wonder what they will be doing this year with the rough economy- at least energy & gas prices are falling.

I heard about something on Halloween too. If I remember correctly, Boulder started blowing last year on a Thursday, that Saturday preseason began. Even if they dont "open" there is still a possibility of another preseason like last year. All we need is a few good days of cold weather. :)

I heard about something on Halloween too. If I remember correctly, Boulder started blowing last year on a Thursday, that Saturday preseason began. Even if they dont "open" there is still a possibility of another preseason like last year. All we need is a few good days of cold weather. :)

oh snap rodeo steve in the house...whats up man?