Boulder Early Season Stoke

method9455

Thanks for the snow making pictures.

November snow making doesn't seem so far away now that you show those pictures.

I've been kayaking 5 miles every day since April and they told me today at the county park that

I have to be off the lake December 1st. Looks like I'll get off the lake on a Friday and go snowboarding on a Monday.

I'm stoked. I bought a new snowboard Saturday and new bindings this summer.

An old skier once said " if you rest you rust". I didn't rust this year.

You should all be jealous since I hiked all the way up boulder in knee deep snow just to earn first turns, and then built a mini booter at the bottom near where the plaza normally is.

You should all be jealous since I hiked all the way up boulder in knee deep snow just to earn first turns, and then built a mini booter at the bottom near where the plaza normally is.

That's just not right!!

• 3 weeks later...

Currently waiting for my friends, and then we're off. Prepared with 5 cameras and 4 people, i'm sure some decent pics will get posted. I'm pretty stoked, i've done this for a few years now and it's never any less exciting than the year before. Boring classes tomorrow, so I should get this pics up tonight. Check back around 11 or so.

Edited by NiftySHIFTY

Currently waiting for my friends, and then we're off. Prepared with 5 cameras and 4 people, i'm sure some decent pics will get posted. I'm pretty stoked, i've done this for a few years now and it's never any less exciting than the year before. Boring classes tomorrow, so I should get this pics up tonight. Check back around 11 or so.

Awesome, thanks man.

Here are the official JFBB pics from their website (jfbb.com, check out the media section)

Must not be all that cold yet since they aren't running that much water through them in this picture. Though I'm sure as the night goes on that will change.

100_0230.JPG

This one is the base of freedom by the conveyor

100_0227.JPG

Tower guns in action

100_0224.JPG

Edited by Method9455

Damn guys, I take a 100 mile round trip to get some pics, and when I return you already have some. Talked to a guy up there they were having an interview with, and he said Saturday 10am is opening day/time. 19 Guns going strong on Freedom, and I was very surprised to see them blowing across the entire mountain. Even on that bunnys elbow or schuss or whatever it's called, they had guns going. Oh well, here's what I got:

19Guns.jpg

Freedom.jpg

boulderpark.jpg

beginningofcoverage.jpg

Polecat.jpg

CloseUp.jpg

leaving.jpg

Temperature was 24 degrees while we were there from 8:15-8:45, and a perfectly clear sky so I'm sure it was dropping quick. I had my hand held weather station with me and it said humidity was like 63%. Took a ride over to CamelBack, and the temps was 28 at the top, and that's the only place they had the guns going. Not very many either from the way it looked, but who knows they have so many no trespassing signs it's crazy, so I didn't risk hiking. The guy at Boulder was very cool, he was explaining how they'll go at any chance they get, and that's what the industry is all about, taking risks. When I asked he said feel free to walk around and get some pics.

Damn guys, I take a 100 mile round trip to get some pics, and when I return you already have some. Talked to a guy up there they were having an interview with, and he said Saturday 10am is opening day/time. 19 Guns going strong on Freedom, and I was very surprised to see them blowing across the entire mountain. Even on that bunnys elbow or schuss or whatever it's called, they had guns going. Oh well, here's what I got:

Temperature was 24 degrees while we were there from 8:15-8:45, and a perfectly clear sky so I'm sure it was dropping quick. I had my hand held weather station with me and it said humidity was like 63%. Took a ride over to CamelBack, and the temps was 28 at the top, and that's the only place they had the guns going. Not very many either from the way it looked, but who knows they have so many no trespassing signs it's crazy, so I didn't risk hiking. The guy at Boulder was very cool, he was explaining how they'll go at any chance they get, and that's what the industry is all about, taking risks. When I asked he said feel free to walk around and get some pics.

Thanks for the great pics, I've been refreshing waiting for your post.

Your pics are better quality than JFBB's anyway so I'm stoked as hell.

Where do you go to school? I thought you were closer than that based on you being up there for the first storm as well.

Edited by Method9455

Glad you like the pics.

I go to Northampton Area Community College...pretty lame but i'm going for Communication Design aka. computer graphics and I don't mind. I like my new truck and I figured I'd get some use out of the low gas prices, so yeah I do take some un-needed trips for little or no reason, but oh whatever it was a fun night and I continued my tradition.