Promising Forecast for a Nov. 1st opening

Sorry for bringing a realistic opinion. Everyone with half a brain knows you cant make snow just because its going to be below 32 degrees. And if you didn't know, have the time that low will come at 5 a.m., especially at this time of the year. And fyi, i've posted before, and i like to switch my name up, I thought this was a place to post your opinion?

I'll take a picture of BB and post it here during the week.

Is there anyone local besides me that lives near BB that can post pictures?

Its 11 PM and 50 degrees now in Jim Thorpe.

Its usually 10 degrees cooler up on the mountain top so this is no where near snow blowing temps now.

BUT DON'T LET THAT GET YOU DOWN!!!!!

LAST YEAR I visited Jack Frost.... saw nothing but green hills and then 4 days later was snowboarding on those

same hills. So it doesn't take much to make it happen and fast.

One good cold snap and JF & BB is on the ball and good with snowmaking.

I'll take a picture of BB and post it here during the week.

Is there anyone local besides me that lives near BB that can post pictures?

Its 11 PM and 50 degrees now in Jim Thorpe.

Its usually 10 degrees cooler up on the mountain top so this is no where near snow blowing temps now.

BUT DON'T LET THAT GET YOU DOWN!!!!!

LAST YEAR I visited Jack Frost.... saw nothing but green hills and then 4 days later was snowboarding on those

same hills. So it doesn't take much to make it happen and fast.

One good cold snap and JF & BB is on the ball and good with snowmaking.

Thanks for the positive post to add to everyone's stoke. :)

why have i seen you post negative things in 2 threads... and the only 2 times ive ever seen your name.

were all just stoked for winter.

I agree!

"YourSuperSweet" is the same DOUCHE BAG that also posts under the name "Fluffy".

Apparently, he is some punk that works as Big Boulder that likes to run his mouth like a tough guy on PASR and then hide behind the internet when he gets called out.

Regardless, my PM is always open Fluffy, SuperSweet, or whatever other name you want to hide behind.

Edited by TT C6

Thanks for the positive post to add to everyone's stoke. :)

I agree!

"YourSuperSweet" is the same DOUCHE BAG that also posts under the name "Fluffy".

Apparently, he is some punk that works as Big Boulder that likes to run his mouth like a tough guy on PASR and then hide behind the internet when he gets called out.

Regardless, my PM is always open Fluffy, SuperSweet, or whatever other name you want to hide behind.

Ghey? Thats one name you can call him.

Sorry for bringing a realistic opinion. Everyone with half a brain knows you cant make snow just because its going to be below 32 degrees. And if you didn't know, have the time that low will come at 5 a.m., especially at this time of the year. And fyi, i've posted before, and i like to switch my name up, I thought this was a place to post your opinion?

theoretically, you need a wet bulb temperature of 32 to blow snow, realistically, 28 or so. If the temperature is at 32, you can make snow as long as the humidity is below 70% or so. With very low humidity, you can make snow at temps up to 40 or higher, it is just not very efficient. They were doing it at loveland today, and it was definitely in the mid to upper 30s.

Picture9.png

That should settle some things things...

oh, and yoursupersweet, more like imAsuperdouchebagretard, it doesn't matter what the humidity is when it's 27 degrees, snow can be made regardless. Although if it's high they won't, it can be done. Cloudcover also doesn't mean anything, the temperature is still the temperature. If it's 25 degrees out and cloudy that's the same as 25 degrees with a full moon.

Edited by NiftySHIFTY

Picture9.png

That should settle some things things...

oh, and yoursupersweet, more like imAsuperdouchebagretard, it doesn't matter what the humidity is when it's 27 degrees, snow can be made regardless. Although if it's high they won't, it can be done. Cloudcover also doesn't mean anything, the temperature is still the temperature. If it's 25 degrees out and cloudy that's the same as 25 degrees with a full moon.

Great post NiftyShifty, thanks for the chart

Cloud cover only matters for how rapidly the temperature drops. Clouds insulate the air from the sky, if it is clear the heat escapes faster so you can make snow earlier in the night - but the forecasts take that into account already.

' "YourSuperSweet" is the same DOUCHE BAG that also posts under the name "Fluffy".

Regardless, my PM is always open Fluffy, SuperSweet, or whatever other name you want to hide behind. '

Once again TTC6 you are WRONG. Fluffy and SuperSweet are NOT the same person. I know them both.

On a sidenote: It's a winter wonderland in the Poconos right now.

Edited by sstylles

' "YourSuperSweet" is the same DOUCHE BAG that also posts under the name "Fluffy".

Regardless, my PM is always open Fluffy, SuperSweet, or whatever other name you want to hide behind. '

Once again TTC6 you are WRONG. Fluffy and SuperSweet are NOT the same person. I know them both.

On a sidenote: It's a winter wonderland in the Poconos right now.

No worries. If I'm wrong, I stand corrected. :) Hopefully everyone will "play nice" on and off line this year.

As always, my PM is always open.

Enjoy the winter wonderland. :) We are all stoked for this season. :yes