Just back in town again (Tent Sale)

Cadillac

Blue's prices did jump significantly. If they are going to increase the prices I would like to see something in return. Personally, I do not care how the lodge is since I really don't spend much time there. The food quality could be improved, but I would rather see the money invested back into the snow operations. One thing that kept me coming to Blue was actually the below par lodge and food! I like when the lines are shorter and that seemed to be a part of keeping the large crowds away. Build a nice lodge, condo's, good quality food and then the lift lines will grow.

For example, Blue's All day/night pass is now $52 compared to CB's which is only $44, but you can buy it for $42 if purchased online. Sure Blue has their "daily specials" but those are limited to certain days for certain people (ie Business Person's Day). People are looking for discounts where ever they can get them, especially these days. A good option for buying discounted tickets to Blue is purchasing your ticket in advance if your local ski shop sells them like the one by me does. Maybe the increase in Blue's price will help keep crowds away though. Bottom line for me, I can deal with an increase in price if I see a difference. If I see no change or worse operations, I would have to go to a cheaper mountain which I would hate to do because Blue is by far my favorite mountain.

• 2 weeks later...

Caddy - a tent sale is not the same thing as a 'tent purchased through capital acquisitions.' So, you missed the tent purchase, but the 'tent sale' is this weekend.

Like you, I also can't wait for the new trail to open. Rumor is that it will be open 100% this year, even though brochure says otherwise. Your comments about plenty of money being left over since the 'tent purchase' are right on the mark with what I've heard from my friends here at Tussey.

We'll see in a few weeks!

Caddy - a tent sale is not the same thing as a 'tent purchased through capital acquisitions.' So, you missed the tent purchase, but the 'tent sale' is this weekend.

Like you, I also can't wait for the new trail to open. Rumor is that it will be open 100% this year, even though brochure says otherwise. Your comments about plenty of money being left over since the 'tent purchase' are right on the mark with what I've heard from my friends here at Tussey.

We'll see in a few weeks!

uhhhh.... have you been up to blue lately? pretty sure they don't have lights or guns on the bottom portion of the trail yet, hence why it will not be open this year.