Shawnee Fires Em Up

Ride Delaware ?

The website shows 7 trails with snowmaking and a tentative opening for the 28th... Not that we care...

Don't hate, Shawnee is great. They don't get much talk here but it is a legitimately fun hill, pretty similar to JF in my opinion except for about the 3 trails on the east mountain of JF that are better.

A few years back they were often the first to open so I'm not that surprised.

I've been to shawnee a handful of times and every time I've been there I had a lot of fun. The place is super laid back. It's seems like 9 out of 10 people there are in rear entry straight skis from 1970 but they don't put fences up everywhere. There are tons of natural features everywhere and some years the park doesn't suck. Snow is typical horrible, there isn't anything steep or technical, but if you go with some friends and make a party of it (aka what every ski outing should be) you can't avoid fun.

Most definitely a fun place to go once a year. Change up your normal and try out Shawnee, you'll have a blast. Up on the back (no idea trail names) there's never anyone and you can shred through the woods. I ended up on the gravel road that goes under the bridge the one year and had to walk back up to the trail. If you use your imagination you can find cool lines and everything...i won't be hatin on Shawnee at all, even if their jumps blow.

...the woods. I ended up on the gravel road that goes under the bridge the one year and had to walk back up to the trail. If you use your imagination you can find cool lines and everything...i won't be hatin on Shawnee at all, even if their jumps blow.

oh god i remember that haha. ...What about the half pipe that day?