The rant

skidude

Or any drug for that matter, though PASR does not encourage any such actions, and its members or administrators can not be held responsible for any habbits, wether they be skiing, or drug related, that users may form.

As for PASR staff.... :buds: Actully I will take my High from CH wax anyday :rofl

Edit:

heres the stuff22499.jpg

:woot

Edited by skidude

wow, so i see WW3 broke out, it took me a good 10 mins to read all the posts and all i have to say is you ppl really know how to bitch, you should join speech and debate....i prolly screwed a bunch of words up but i dont' care

BTW, go ski Tussey out by pennstate and get hurt, u'll never complain about a ski resort like blue or CB ever again.

My dad said the guy bringing me down fell.....

Edited by RacerChick

Everyone has their preference, and I think if you're going to call one pocono mt. crappy, they all are. They're all similar, and face it, you're in PA.

That pretty much says it all. All the skiing I do in PA is just warm-up exercise for the *real* stuff out west. But at the same time, I DO find the skiing in PA fun too, crappy hills, lodges and otherwise. It could be worse. Skiing in Iowa is totally unimpressive.

The guy bringing you down fell!?!? Oh man thats priceless.

I could honestly believe that. I probably would have fallen too trying to get a sled (or snowplowing) in that crap. It was like 9 inches of crap snow, windblown into deep drifts...And it probably had some nice ice under it.

'Dude? Did you really say shut up to a Montage boy?

Uhh yeah :lol

All the skiing I do in PA is just warm-up exercise for the *real* stuff out west.

I've met a lot of people from this region while at Beaver Creek and Vail...most spend their time on groomed, intermediate slopes. Typically, they ski two weekends in VT and wouldn't be caught dead in the Poconos or Catskills. But they'll fly 2000 miles and pay $400/night to say how great groomed intermediate runs are in Colorado.

That pretty much says it all. All the skiing I do in PA is just warm-up exercise for the *real* stuff out west. But at the same time, I DO find the skiing in PA fun too, crappy hills, lodges and otherwise. It could be worse. Skiing in Iowa is totally unimpressive.

I see you visit Alta (from your home mtn), have you been out there this year? I'm hopeing to get out there again one weekend, the weekend I was there they had a dry spell....

I see you visit Alta (from your home mtn), have you been out there this year?  I'm hoping to get out there again one weekend, the weekend I was there they had a dry spell....

Bummer about the dry spell. It's been dry for several years now.

I'm heading out on March 2nd for ten days. Hope to hit all four of the Big & Little Cottonwood Canyon resorts, and I want to to visit (for my first time) The Canyons and Snowbasin. Since I'm staying with family, I will probably only be on the slopes for six of those ten days. Hope I am as lucky this year as I was last year, in getting something like the four feet of new snow over the course of the week, like we did last year. When that happens, I rent fat skis; and let the P50's rest at my family's place.

Here's the plan:

3/3: Brighton

3/4: The Canyons

3/7: Snowbasin

3/8: Solitude

3/9: Snowbird/Alta (dual ticket)

3/11: Brighton (I love Brighton, the overlooked resort.)

Some day, I'll have to try the Colorado resorts (and Whistler in BC), but none of my family lives in those places and I hate paying through the nose for accommodations and rental cars and dining out...

BTW, Ski999, wouldn't you say that those "groomed blues," out west, are about equivalent in difficulty to the groomed black diamonds: Lower Runaway, Lower Fastrack or Canonball, at Montage?

BTW, Ski999, wouldn't you say that those "groomed blues," out west, are about equivalent in difficulty to the groomed black diamonds: Lower Runaway, Lower Fastrack or Canonball, at Montage?

Wasn't I clear? That was my point. Upper Runaway to Lower Runaway is basically the same slope as one of the most heavily skied spots at--- for instance--- Beaver Creek that run down around the Strawberry Express. The diamonds at Montage are blues in Summit County, with the exception of WL and possibly Boomer, which is marginal. The greens/blues at Montage are parking lots at A-Basin.

I guess I just find it a huge waste to travel thousands of miles when you aren't capable of skiing the best parts of the mountain. A group of female friends of mine, who would never go to CB, drive all the way to Killington and ski Rams Head (a beginner area) every other weekend. They scoff at Marjie's, yet couldn't make their way down it. I find that attitude a little pathetic.

About three minutes after my first "Wow, what an awesome snow capped view," I don't give a sh*t about Colorado scenery. I happen to like a Vermont hardpack surface. I like it after a little rain, then when the temps drop fast. I think powder is for chicks and makes for crappy snowball fights.

About three minutes after my first "Wow, what an awesome snow capped view," I don't give a sh*t about Colorado scenery. I happen to like a Vermont hardpack surface. I like it after a little rain, then when the temps drop fast. I think powder is for chicks and makes for crappy snowball fights.

Yum...Vermont. I'm headed up there at the end of the month. Yay.

I wish I could go to Vermont. But that would mean i'd have to pay, which means I would have to work, which means I would have to get a job. I don't like where this is going.  :no

Just come with with something really freaking annoying that people will offer to pay you to stop doing. Solved.

Where are you headed in VT, Starry?

• 1 month later...

Yeah, i know this is late, but my computer died for a few.

We hit Killington and Pico, both nice, and it snowed everyday we were there. The way the weather keeps going down here (early ending to the season) I might try and get a trip up there rolling. Who knows.

I love Vermont.