Looking for some kids to ride with

DHarrisburg

I work at camelback part time...and the latest I heard was March 20th for closing. If we get a decent storm, people will think of coming to the mountain, and they will extend it to March 27th.

I guess it's partly the costs of running the place and partly the fact that they have a lot of garbage to do before Camelbeach opens. Snow is actually a pain in that respect...its crazy to see the mountains of snow they push aside to get some of the beach stuff ready.

It sure does seem evil to close the mountain with so much snow left, though.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleh... I hate Camelbeach...

I seriously don't get it. How much fun can you have waiting in a long line to slowly slide down a slide in a tube that you can't even control? To me, if theres nothing to advance or progress on, its boring (not to mention the slides aren't the most extreme thing ever...)

I really hope Camelback stays open late... As fun as mountain biking and unicycling is, I still enjoy skiing more.

how's the conditions at blue and camelback? if I'm cruising camelback might be better minus the fact their conditions normally suck... specially this late.

Kind of depends on what day it is and what time you go. There have been a few great days lately, and a few horrible ones. Today was kind of so so, but things firmed up a little bit and the night riding was actually pretty good. You can't really go wrong with cruising, because Nile Mile is never bad, only crowded.