blues updates...

kmar2006

ok... i heard as of monday C-box will be back and the problems with it will be fixed.... also a 30ft flat downkink box (10ft flat 20 ft down)... same dimesnions as c box will be here... and possibly one more... not sure on exact specs... also if anyone is going to complain about ride on rails... it was management that asked for the change back to all ride ons....

yup, i'm gonna complain about ride on rails. and this is not the only place that i have complained to. i went to park crew as well as keith and tim in snowboard school, because they told me whenever i have a problem with the park, thats what i should do. skiing at bear during the week and then coming back up to blue this weekend was a huge disappointment. sidewinder is the most worthless excuse for a park right now. all the rails are ride on and the jumps are too short. i thought sidewinder was supposed to be the advanced park? i'm not even gonna bother making any comments on the pipe....

yea if they would have made the gaps onto the rails correctly, when they had them, they probably wouldnt have had as many people complaining about them. id rather have gaps onto a rail than a ride on but not the gaps they had. they were just horrible and not set up correctly

when they actually had gaps onto rails, i had no problems with them. about two weeks ago, the park was excellent. the jumps had lips and they were long enough too. i guess once they had everything good they figured it didnt need any more work. flatten the trail, blow some more snow, then rebuild everything and it might be decent again, but i seriously doubt anyone in management at that mountains cares enough to make people happy anymore. i'm really fed up with that place this year. bear creek is half the size of blue, and their park kills it. their halfpipe is regularly groomed and it actually goes vert at the top. at bear, there's kids airing a good 10 feet out of the pipe. at blue, you're lucky if you can even make it to the lip without getting your ski caught in a hole in the wall. if you're not going to do upkeep on the pipe, get rid of it and throw more park features in there or something, make a decent sized hit and put a quarterpipe at the bottom. the halfpipe right now is absolutely worthless.

p.s. kmar i dont mean to take this out on you personally, but as far as i know, you are the only person on this board representing blue's grooming/snowmaking staff, so you get the brunt of the complaints. if there is anything you can do to persuade management to stop living in the 80's and realize that some of the local kids at blue rip and that they dont need to cater everything at the mtn to the philadelphia/new jersey weekend warrior trash, i, as well as many other kids, would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Justo8484

when they actually had gaps onto rails, i had no problems with them. about two weeks ago, the park was excellent. the jumps had lips and they were long enough too. i guess once they had everything good they figured it didnt need any more work. flatten the trail, blow some more snow, then rebuild everything and it might be decent again, but i seriously doubt anyone in management at that mountains cares enough to make people happy anymore. i'm really fed up with that place this year. bear creek is half the size of blue, and their park kills it. their halfpipe is regularly groomed and it actually goes vert at the top. at bear, there's kids airing a good 10 feet out of the pipe. at blue, you're lucky if you can even make it to the lip without getting your ski caught in a hole in the wall. if you're not going to do upkeep on the pipe, get rid of it and throw more park features in there or something, make a decent sized hit and put a quarterpipe at the bottom. the halfpipe right now is absolutely worthless.

Well then goto Bear Creek, and stop bitching about blue. The terrain park is 2 trails, out of 30, ever ski Razors Edge this year? :confused

I said it before and I'll say it again if your a park rat go to bear if you want to ride trails go to blue simple as that.

Its not that easy though. I'm with Justo here. I want a mountain that has fast lifts and real trails so I can actually ski during the day, but I also need a good park or I get bored.

I can't regularly ski at a place like boulder, as amazing as the parks are, the lifts are super slow, and the trails suck. Camelback is fun for regular riding, and ranging from okay to super-sucky in their park. Bear I imagine doesn't have to good regular riding, but looks like a great park.

It just makes me angry to see a place with a good mountain, and what seems like a really good shot at a park, in the end mess it up. I was definently thinking about getting a season there next year because it looked like they had both, but now I'm not too sure :no.

Edited by lurker

thanks for backing me on this one. and what i am complaining about mostly is the fact that the park WAS good at one point this year, and has recently just gone to shit because they havent maintained it at all. Management sucks, they need to realize not everyone who rides there wants the rails to be ride on. there are those of us who know what we are doing and want to challenge ourselves, and i dont mean by making the rail a challenge just to get on. And to whoever asked me if i ever ski razors, yes, i skiied sidewinder maybe 5 times this whole weekend. the rest of my time was spent on razors, challenge, lazy, and switchback. so yes, i like to actually ski every once in a while too.

thanks for backing me on this one. and what i am complaining about mostly is the fact that the park WAS good at one point this year, and has recently just gone to shit because they havent maintained it at all. Management sucks, they need to realize not everyone who rides there wants the rails to be ride on. there are those of us who know what we are doing and want to challenge ourselves, and i dont mean by making the rail a challenge just to get on. And to whoever asked me if i ever ski razors, yes, i skiied sidewinder maybe 5 times this whole weekend. the rest of my time was spent on razors, challenge, lazy, and switchback. so yes, i like to actually ski every once in a while too.

I'm sure Kmar would appreciate it when you not only complained, but also complimented how the park is. All i hear is negative comments, and never once before this did i hear blue ever had a good park. But, I do know that I have seen you in Sidewinder much more then 5 times :ph34r::yes

Yeah, sometimes you take things for granted when they're good, and then really miss them when they're bad. We did compliment Blue for its great park (at the time), and trails in Revelation at Blue. I also complimented it in another thread, that is somewhere... I forget. Anyway, yeah the park use to be really really good. I was sure impressed!

Yeah, sometimes you take things for granted when they're good, and then really miss them when they're bad.  We did compliment Blue for its great park (at the time), and trails in Revelation at Blue.  I also complimented it in another thread, that is somewhere... I forget.  Anyway, yeah the park use to be really really good.  I was sure impressed!

My comments were directed at Justo :D

My comments were directed at Justo  :D

Justo has complimented blue on there park, several times. He even said in the Blue vs. Bear thread something about don't pass judgement on Blue's park too soon or something along those lines. I think all along, he has just pointed out where the park can improve. It's obvious he likes riding there, because he skis there pretty frequently. Learn to man up Jeff, and let your mountain take some flak sometimes :nana

i practically live at the place, i have 40 some days on snow this year, easily 30 of them have been at blue. and i dont really care what kmar, or anyone for that matter, thinks of my posts, whether i am complementing, complaining, or whether you think i am just being a little crybaby about it. blue's park was the best it has ever been a few weeks ago. it has the potential to be much better than that. it seems that they think, ok, we have the terrain park all set up, its good for the rest of the year. they let it go and it gets crappy. they need to realize that parks need work to stay consistantly good. i, as well as the majority of the crew i ski with, have emailed the mountain about the recent downfall of the park, and got nothing but,"I'm glad to hear you are concerned about our terrain parks. We are constantly trying to improve them." If they call what has happened lately an improvement, i dont know whats going on. so if you feel the same way as i do, information@skibluemt.com would love to receive your hate mail.

Haha, the obligatory ski area corporate response bot is on.

"Found word Terrain Park in email. Issuing response with standard terrain park message."

Maybe with all this r@in they'll be forced to rebuild them. I guess I'm just going to kick back and watch a skiing movie 'til it stops. I hate r@in.

ok... i heard as of monday C-box will be back and the problems with it will be fixed.... also a 30ft flat downkink box (10ft flat 20 ft down)... same dimesnions as c box will be here... and possibly one more... not sure on exact specs... also if anyone is going to complain about ride on rails... it was management that asked for the change back to all ride ons....

What was wrong with the c-box?

the snowboard instructors said the gaos in the top of it was wrong.... which it was the plans never called for that... but its back now.. not in yet .. andlong with the 10ft 20ft box..... justo the pipe problem has to be brought up to tim and keith this year is the first year they are sosposed to be cutting it..... but i dont know if they know the corect time to.. the pipe must be cut when its warmer out and when the temp will fall in the evening.. it must be cut when warm closed and allowed to settle.... as for park conditions today we dug out hoses and should be blowing on it for the last rebuild possibly... dont know if it will be a full demolition on the park or just ad snow in between jumps and touch em up... its hard to keep the park up to spec.. a few weeks ago we had colder temps... better snow.. when its sugar you cant rebuild a park.. and when its slush like now you cant either.. wait for colder temps and we'll see what will happen... we have 5 groomers and only so much time.. our head groomer is the best and it takes hours just to do the park there is alot of trails to worry about... i advise anyone with problems to contact the mountain....and also if you have problems with jumps/rails (take off and landings) talk with the park crew thats what they're there for

• 2 weeks later...

I think blues park is ok I mean its getting better...I think the reason people bitch about blue so much is cuz it just has so much potential...I can't tell you how many times i have tryed to make a suggestion to somebody to a blue employee and there just dicks... the park crew is trying tho....