NEW TRAILS OPENING AT SNO THIS WEEKEND!!!

Sno-nouncements

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other than "The Office'' is based out of there

It is actually filmed in LA though, just an fyi.

They filmed a few shots of the opening credits there. Aside from that and referencing some of the local businesses/restaurants occasionally in the script, they never looked back.

Edited by nick malozzi

Things must not be going to well,if hours have been cut on Sundays and Season Pass sales are still going on. They were supposed to be regular price by Mid Sept.

Meh.. I don't see it that way. It's a positive thing that they're even open this early... and the continuation of a sale doesn't mean things are going poorly.

Meh.. I don't see it that way. It's a positive thing that they're even open this early... and the continuation of a sale doesn't mean things are going poorly.

I think the season pass sale just has to do with the economy. If you are not spooked by this economy, you never will get spooked. My pal owns a restaurant and he is getting crushed.

I am happy its opened and looking forward to a long winter.

Yea I just hope this rain doesn't kill all those "new" trails anyone looked at the live cam? doesn't look good...

julz, sno is very popular, people from mountains all over pa love to waste there time and thrash on it even though they will probably never even go...

sno mountain skier, there hours were the same the last two weeks and they have never been open this early so how can you say they cut there hours?

nick, no shit

sno-nouncements biggest sale of the year hugh? that was gay, like the moose and your website... Ohh yeah and one of your ski instructors skied over my brand new snowboard while i was strapping up and didn't say a word, thanks.

ohh and "fyi" global warming is a myth, obama is gonna die and... burton sucks (that was for you nick :D )

I have to keep up my reputation of being the biggest flaming tool ever.

sno mountain skier, there hours were the same the last two weeks and they have never been open this early so how can you say they cut there hours?

They will be opening for the season on Friday. Mid week only open 3pm-9pm,and sundays close at 6pm. THose dont sound like normal hours to me. I was gonna work up sno, but now seeing those hours, I just might not.

Edited by Sno Mountain Skier

I for one am not very happy about the new hours. When I'm home for break they are essentially taking away any shot of me riding during the day. I would much prefer to hit up the mountain in the morning and then have the rest of the day rather than have to go at 3. And even on Saturday, whats up with this whole 9 to 9 thing? Thats an hour shorter every night and 9 am to me seems pretty late for a ski area to open.

Yeah but your damn lucky there open at all!

Ohh my god we bitch about every little thing!

ughhhhh there only open till 6 on sunday bo hoo

hey, i'm sorry but 9-9 is still pretty good hours, Idk about you guys but i spend my friday and saturday nights partying my face off, opening at 9 means you can take the first run of the day and not have to be there so damn early, and come on! who really stays till 10! if cutting hours gives sno the ability to be open this early, and make a profit so that they can spend the money elsewhere or whatever than go ahead cut em

dude 2 years ago they didn't open till january and last year it was the end of december! yeah december 9th is really early for this mountain

I guess I have a bad memory. I love tracking early openings, but it doesn't mean much for me because I'm stuck at school.

dude 2 years ago they didn't open till january and last year it was the end of december! yeah december 9th is really early for this mountain

I dont know Dave, I simply like the waking up early to go skiing. When I was skiing, I would go up as early as possible every day. And I drink every Friday and Saturday night, but thats not the point.

Every other mountain in the area has already been open for a week now, and have there normal hours. Sno on the other hand has opened for two weekends, and when they officially open, they will open with shit hours. I for one wont ski at night, I never enjoyed it, and then a fall on the first jump two years ago ended my night skiing. So they will be open 48hrs a week while every one else will be open 84hrs a week.

And for them opening early, this isnt anything out of the ordinary. They always used to open the first week of december. Just the past two years they have had some trouble. Two years ago, they didnt have snow guns till the beginning of december and then shit weather. Then last year, the weather wasnt the best. Try and think of montage and some of their openings.

It really doesnt matter to me to much, since im not able to ski much this year. I really shouldnt be skiing at all but, I am gonna go up a few times. And when I do want to go up some of this shit will effect me.

nick, no shit

ohh and "fyi" global warming is a myth, obama is gonna die and... burton sucks (that was for you nick :D )

Someone want to enlighten me as to when I pissed off this guy?

Ohh yeah and one of your ski instructors skied over my brand new snowboard while i was strapping up and didn't say a word, thanks.

Probably because he thinks reverse camber is a scam as well.

I have to keep up my reputation of being the biggest flaming tool ever.

We've all got dreams.

Yeah but your damn lucky there open at all!

Ohh my god we bitch about every little thing!

ughhhhh there only open till 6 on sunday bo hoo

hey, i'm sorry but 9-9 is still pretty good hours, Idk about you guys but i spend my friday and saturday nights partying my face off, opening at 9 means you can take the first run of the day and not have to be there so damn early, and come on! who really stays till 10! if cutting hours gives sno the ability to be open this early, and make a profit so that they can spend the money elsewhere or whatever than go ahead cut em

December 9th early? Try they opened black friday. Thats early by any PA resort

Someone want to enlighten me as to when I pissed off this guy?

Probably because he thinks reverse camber is a scam as well.

We've all got dreams.

Dont worry Nick. He is just used to being pissed on

nahh I'm pretty sure she was just not paying attention because they travel in giant packs and stop at the top of head walls go one at a time, a giant herd of blue coat wearing idiots who think they own the mountain. thats basically them.

Yah and you think you know how a ski resort runs when you dont know shit about it. So do everyone a favor and shut up.

nahh I'm pretty sure she was just not paying attention because they travel in giant packs and stop at the top of head walls go one at a time, a giant herd of blue coat wearing idiots who think they own the mountain. thats basically them.

Nice picture of you riding the rails while you work. No wonder why you dont work there anymore. Cant you go to Elk.

I don't mean to jack this thread, but who are those guys in the matching blue coats? they ruin at least 1/3 of my runs, by crowding up on top of EVERY HEADWALL and watch each other go down, and then crowd around the bottom, not to mention they carve from trail edge to trail edge making it impossible to get past them. I don't think I ride exceptionally fast, but shit, I could walk down faster than that. I don't wanna sound like a dick, but they really were pissing my friends and I off this past weekend.