08-09 park conditions report

K2rider

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking with Tom yesterday and the plan is to get a few nights of good snowmaking in and then do major park tune ups for Black Bear and Cascade.

Snowmaking should start tonight around 9pm and we should be able to make every night for the foreseeable future. I would anticipate changes for Saturday or Sunday.

Just a word of warning, things might get a bit buried tonight with 15F lows. The guys are going to have their hands full keeping up with the snowmakers.

but there will be

The Snow last night was a little unresponsive and slow... but it was nice and soft.. there was a few icy spots where the snow got "snowplowed" off. but the conditions were nice. i saw the park crew fixing the rails a few times, and it was nice to see them fix the cut outs on the landings of some of the rails... The jump in black bear is UBER smooth. feels really good.. and i think they finally got it right on the berral bonk. that felt pretty nice..

OH and on a lighter note i think it was hilarious that they took out the corrigated pipe. cuz i saw like EVERYBODY straight up DIE on that thing cuz they thought it'd be super easy. haha! and then tonight when it was laying off to the side this kid tried to ollie it and didn't even jump.. that was the funniest thing i've seen for a while!! although i'm sorry whoever that was cuz that musta hurt!

Last night was freezing.

Today was pretty sick. I got first chair and first hit on everything, but alot of the features were burried in snow. It looked as if they didnt groom black bear or cascade. The jump in black bear is money, but was only good untill around 11. From there the take off and landing was getting destroyed by all the kiddies. Please keep that jump how it is haha.

Oh and make the landings steeper on the first hit in cascade and tubing.

overall a great day

cascade is HORRIBLE!!!!

today was aighttttt. Park Crew pretty much was non existent and didnt open anything up right when bear opened.

I attempted to ride up the lift without my board because i had my camera and was going to take pictures, none of the lift attendants said anything to me, the guy scanning passes didnt, nor did the people directing who to go with whom but right when its my turn to get on the lift some guy grabs me by the arm and pulls me away like I just killed someone. I find out that im just a little ass screwing around, and that if i walk up the run to take pictures he will call security.

Its pretty beat that when I went to management to tell them what had happened that they were more interested in my advertising project (which was why i was taking pictures there) rather then the lift attendants tude.

so gay

today was aighttttt. Park Crew pretty much was non existent and didnt open anything up right when bear opened.

there were only 2 people to open both parks then one went home cuz he got sick so there was only one person untill afternoon crew got there. i do agree it was quite bad this morning but there really was only one person adn thats quite a bit of work.

am i the only one that actually likes cascade right now? i think the down rail, up candy cane and flat handrail are all sick.

as for the rebuild, keep it simple. please?

simple is good but too simple is boring.

am i the only one that actually likes cascade right now? i think the down rail, up candy cane and flat handrail are all sick.

simple is good but too simple is boring.

yeah, you may be. it has no flow. i like the up rail and the first jump, thats about it.

i'd take simple anyday over a flat box thrown on a big mound of snow that you have to tuck in to clear.

more than anything else i would really like to see park crew mellow out the lips and knock the snow off the rails in the morning.

i'd take simple anyday over a flat box thrown on a big mound of snow that you have to tuck in to clear.

that feature has gotten pretty beat the lip is just WAY to poppy it needs to be mellowed out. the mound of snow is unnecessary. it could be a flat box with a big mellow gap and have the same effect.

more than anything else i would really like to see park crew mellow out the lips and knock the snow off the rails in the morning.

yes, especially after they blow all night. every lip was like a quarter pipe this morning.

yeah, you may be. it has no flow. i like the up rail and the first jump, thats about it.

it has flow if you follow the lines i hit the jump then the flat box the first day( now i hit the handrail cuz its way nicer.) then the down rail then the up candy cane and i didnt/dont need to stop.

rather than the flatbox on top of the snow, id like to see what was at hike park last year with the lego block type thing with the urban downrail off it. also, a big anti jump would be fun.

word, that one guy did do a shit ton haha. But i mean im sure 2 people could at least knock all the snow off of the rails and groom some of the stuff before opening.

yeah they need to take a shovel to the rails after theyre done with the lips because all the work they did was for nothing if there is 6 inches of packed snow on the rail.

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

i went to boulder over the weekend and the park they had all the rails in was probably the most fun i've had all year. everything was set up perfect, there was variety all over. they had space inbetween the rails and they were some set up low to the ground so you arent afraid to try stuff, and others were harder which made it fun to step up your tricks.

but most of all, they were set up simple, and correctly. some urban, some not, but all of them were completely hit-able at all times. I've personally never seen a park crew fix the lips of the rails so often, it was like every four runs i took they were back out fixing stuff.

i just hope bear can throw in a lot of nice, hit-able rails like i know they can.

i'll be there tomorrow at two!! see you guys there, hope the setup is sick!

i think it would be reaaalll sick if they took the pipe cutter up for that... if they didnt sell it.

I'm pretty damn sure they didn't sell it. I remember coming up for my first day this season and seeing it near the ski patrol building and thinking why the hell do they still have that thing. but yeah that would be insane if they cut it just right