08-09 park conditions report

K2rider

On the webcam it looks as if they might be doing something interesting with the "cliff". but don't be mad if im wrong

i think they were juust pushing the snow cuz there was a HUGE pile right on the cliff and they prolly needed the snow for the first jump in cascade.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BCironworks crew worked all day yesterday and through the night to complete the new set-up in Cascade. They did an awesome job and the new set-up is:

Large Jump

Gap to 30 ft. Box

Flat 25 ft. Handrail

30 ft. Down Flat Down

Small Staircase

Urban 35ft. Downrail

Up 25 ft. Candy Cane

Vertical Bench Bonk

Corrugated Pipe Bonk

Superman C-Box

All of this information is also listed on the new park website at www.bcironworks.com. Be sure to check in often for the latest updates on what's happening in the park.

Happy holidays!

Mary

The park in the morning was really good. i got there at opening.. but near the afternoon it got soo full! and i was like screw this...

they shoulda put the barrel bonk MUCH higher. it was like two inches off the snow... but it was alright.

I also dont get why they couldn't open the staircase... but other then that i thought it was pretty good.. besides being so dam full!

The park in the morning was really good. i got there at opening.. but near the afternoon it got soo full! and i was like screw this...

they shoulda put the barrel bonk MUCH higher. it was like two inches off the snow... but it was alright.

I also dont get why they couldn't open the staircase... but other then that i thought it was pretty good.. besides being so dam full!

they couldnt knock the ice completely off of the box on it. And they didnt have enough snow to make a real lip for the other parts

ill Be there after four.... I'm bringing my XL set of balls.. dont worry jibhonk ;-)

I'll be wearing the usually... Yellow and red plaidish pants... Brown jacket with small yellow stripes.. red oakleys and a helmet..... if yo ustill can't find me.. just look for the loud one with the cheetah print hankie!

park is ok. the jumps are fun and pretty nice. today was a nice day for them. i'm glad they opened the new quad it got rid of pretty much any liftlines.

as for cascade i think a few adjustments would make it alot better. i feel like bear tried tooooo hard to make it the "expert" park and it would be more fun if it were simpler.

the first jump is fine, snow was a little slow today but its a nice jump.

the gap on box is a waste of snow really, they could have accomplished the same thing with way less snow. the single barrel handrail is fine, it would work as a down rail too.

the dfd is set up nicely

then the 35 foot down rail is just ok. i dont know if its just me but i feel like those square rails dont slide well. anyway i would have rather seen the old palmer rail or the new double wide setup there instead.

the up rail is fine. again snow today was slow and it will be more fun when you can get more speed. i dont have much to say about the bench/ corrugated tube bonks, they're nothing special.

i just think cascade would be more fun if they put less emphasis on building stuff on mounds of snow to make it look "expert", and focused more on better flow. kind of dissapointed, actually.

Edited by Oakley21

just got back. it was a fun day besides the fact that i f-ed up my elbow and shoulder. I agree with oakley on all the things in cascade. the tubing jumps were nice for spinning. I learned overcorked/rodeo 7's and 5's but was having a hard time landing because the landings were all shady and you couldnt spot it well