08-09 park conditions report

K2rider

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to boulder over the weekend and the park they had all the rails in was probably the most fun i've had all year. everything was set up perfect, there was variety all over. they had space inbetween the rails and they were some set up low to the ground so you arent afraid to try stuff, and others were harder which made it fun to step up your tricks.

quoted for emphasis

Edited by JibHonk

quoted for emphasis

word... i agree...

i like cascade fine.. I think the gap to box could be just as effective lower to the ground.. but ah well...

i also think they need to add a smaller jump...

oh and is it just more or do you think BC could use alot more park room.. it seems like everything is crammed together... and i think thats why theres less flow in cascade.. everything is so damn close to eachother.. they need more room..... or less obsticles...

oh and is it just more or do you think BC could use alot more park room.. it seems like everything is crammed together... and i think thats why theres less flow in cascade.. everything is so damn close to eachother.. they need more room..... or less obsticles...

i dont find any problem riding around features. I was actually thinkin to myself the other day that if they put a one or two of the jibs a couple feet towards the edge of the trail they could put in another jib or two

i loved the hike park. i wish they would set everything up that nice, and ftr that isnt good that the hike park boxes/rails are HIGHER than a pre-season hike park

just sayin you dont have to go all the way over to baby park to get a low rail.

new park set up looks pretty good...but whats up with the HUGE gap between the first jump at the top and the last jump at the bottom? Are we waiting for more snow to build another jump or two or whats up?

We simply ran out of time to really mess with upper black bear. The mound of snow the FD and the Up box were on was complete ice and it all had to go up hill :( We started feeling rushed and got what we could done. We were worried about getting everything we wanted out, out. And then setting lower black bear the way we wanted. Bob will mess around with upper black bear again tonight though. Hope everyone likes whats up so far.

this sounds SICKKK. Soo stoked to ride tomorrow.

for anyone who doesn't feel like going to the blog:

# Medium Jump

# U-Box

# Rainbow Box

# 20ft flat rail

# Medium Jump

# Gap to Butter Pad to 20 ft Double Wide Urban Down Rail

# 20ft Flat Box

# 42ft Urban Hand Rail

# 25ft Flat Double Wide Rail

# Down Flat Down Double Wide Rail

# 36

Hahahaha, i now like cascade more then blackbear :blink:

the freaking new setup where the half pipe is ILL. There is actually flow, first time in a really long time at bear.

The butter pad to down rail is way way more fun than i thought it would be. Keep everything the same on that.

And the flat rail after it is soo much fun because its a foot or two back from the lip and the top of the rail is at least

6inches higher then the lip which = butter.

Oh and did anyone notice that the flat box, the flat rail and the other flat box have no landings? Its just straight to flat

which is pretty beat .

One thing I was upset about was the tree bonks lip lacked vert and it would shoot you into the tree instead of up.

Nice job park crew

VAST IMPROVEMENT.

it was awesome today, even though black bear has the huge empty spot, which will be taken care of i'm sure, the jump at the top was perfect for trying spins on. the second jump was floaty as hell and tons of fun. the rail garden where the pipe was is EXACTLY what i was hoping for. tons of variety but you can hit everything easily, (skiers) cant nut the 42 ft. roundbar (thanks by the way lol), the boxes are setup nice for spins on/off, the pad to downrail is AWESOME (i just would like to see a longer rail there at some point haha) the stalls were both set up nicely. the tire was better before they ripped it out and switched it though...

overall, awesome, cant wait to hit it up tomorrow, this is the type of setup that doesnt get boring very fast!! good job park crew!!

maybe its me, but i didn't think anything flowed well at all. rails didnt have landings, lips up to rails were like 20 feet long, just lots of stuff that was slightly awkward, which made stuff not that fun. the general setup is nice, but i just thought there was some spacing issues between features as far as how much speed you needed for one, then you needed to almost come to a complete stop before hitting the next, etc. anyone have any idea what the setup is gonna be for the EMS thing on friday, and whether its open to skiers? website doesnt mention anything really...

im really impressed with the new setup. the blackbear into the halfpipe area run is so much fun. the 4 jump line in blackbear is a lot of fun. its cool how they are all different style jumps. not very big, but still fun, especially when you get them dialed. and then the halfpipe area i think flows so well. everything was set up perfect this morning and no matter what line you picked you were able to hit each feature with ease. my favorites of the day were the butterpad to down rail and the 42 ft single barrel.

ALSO, huge props to bear park crew. arrived 15 minutes after opening and there were 6 park crew members out. they fixed all the lips and cleared all the snow off the rails. overall a great day and big ups to bciw!