08-09 park conditions report

K2rider

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the park setup is pretty fun right now. cascade is nice, maybe could use a jump. the tubing jumps are nice, the big one didnt see much action. i like the lower part of black bear too. only gripe is the down bar on blackbear, the lip needs to be a little more mellow and wider

Last night the park was pretty good. but it was really strange conditions, like alot of spots were really icy then all of a sudden its like mashed potatoes!

i didnt' hit the top of black bear to much because it was super icy up there. but cascade was nice. and the bottom of black bear wasn't so bad either.

when i went up wednesday night i didnt' like the jumps in black bear. it threw you up super weird and sketchy... but i didn't try them last night so i dont know if they fixed it or not...

It looks like we will be pulling some, if not all of the rails from Cascade on Sunday night to prepare for the massive amount of snow we will be making Sunday night and Monday day and night.

Andy and Tom will likely be rebuilding the park during the day on Tuesday with an all new setup. Stay tuned for more details.

There should still be features on Cascade tonight tomorrow. The most likely day for the build looks like Tuesday, if that holds true, the features will be removed on Sunday night after closing.

With the quantity of snow we anticipate putting out the features would all be buried and unrideable. We also risk damaging them when we dig/pull them out with the groomers.

sounds good mark!!!

however, i have a request, everyone who agree's quote me! haha

We need a propane tank!!!! like an old one, big metal round one. I've seen them all over the place in vids from other mountains. basically it would slide nice like the candy-cane rail but it would be nice and tall plus easier to spin on. here is a video that has it in, its kindof in the middle of the vid.

heres a link http://www.newschoolers.com/web/content/vi...227058/cat/top/

its at 1.35

Edited by bermbuster49

We need a propane tank!!!!

We don't have a propane tank at the moment but we do have a pretty large tank from an old air compressor we have some plans for. Its about 5 and half feet long and like 2 feet in diameter. We have some pretty big things goin on in the near future so it may be a little bit before we start showing the air tank any love. (It still needs some work on it yet)

sounds good mark!!!

however, i have a request, everyone who agree's quote me! haha

We need a propane tank!!!! like an old one, big metal round one. I've seen them all over the place in vids from other mountains. basically it would slide nice like the candy-cane rail but it would be nice and tall plus easier to spin on. here is a video that has it in, its kindof in the middle of the vid.

heres a link http://www.newschoolers.com/web/content/vi...227058/cat/top/

its at 1.35

darn it! im going all day tuesday :-( so i wont have features on cascade... oh well..

and ya the propane tank would be boss!!

bear should make one of the urban rails setup up bigger like atleast a foot off the snow, steep, and have a really flat lip.

they will be, once they stop blowing, its just hard to keep them like that when they are blowing, they keep getting buried

jumps arent too bad right now, there is a little one in blackbear. then over in tubing there are 2 hits, the first being 25-30 and pretty nice and floaty. the second is about 40 maybe a tad more with a big ol knuckle. if they groom and manicure it, it could be nicer.