08-09 park conditions report

K2rider

it is mostly a rant but the objective is bear should build up snow on the side of rails on black bear and the family park.

EDIT: i understand bear does the best it can with the snow it has but after i saw a flow onto a lego block i realized they really do have a lot of snow they could push onto the sides of other features. and i'm by no means "hating" on bear's set up its was just an observation/suggestion

Edited by JibHonk

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MISSDEMEANOR I think I saw you yesterday on the lift line and at the lodge stairs. I was wearing burton pants that had white and black hypontizing pants. Red/Grey Colombia with a black high5 shawnwhite helment with scout goggles. Do u have long hair?

i wasnt there on friday

idk why bears gotta urban the shit outta every rail. its a lil early in the season

the aframe, palmer, flatdown, upbox, 2 boxes in baby park and the flat thing in cascade arent urban. i do think bear needs a nice flat box setup though.

it is mostly a rant but the objective is bear should build up snow on the side of rails on black bear and the family park.

EDIT: i understand bear does the best it can with the snow it has but after i saw a flow onto a lego block i realized they really do have a lot of snow they could push onto the sides of other features. and i'm by no means "hating" on bear's set up its was just an observation/suggestion

i know what you mean like with the small handrail in cascade but the 2 in baby park and the palmer and even the downbar in blackboy are pretty low.

By the second and last big jumps in cascade, you mean the ones in tubing right?

If so, yeah they're sick as shit as of now

yeaaaa. they are super nice.

just got back from a so-so sesh. nice conditions up until about 4, jumps were alright. landings were ok. I couldnt seem to get landings on lock today, i felt like i just kept washing out every single time, probably just me and not the landings fault. I landed a couple frontflips though, so that made my day. They really need a snowmaking night soon

Edited by EAZY-Emuntz

wtf, it wont let me edit my post.... <_<

so here's what i was GUNNA edit my post too...

"" Taken from the BC ironworks website blog

"The past few days have been rather warm and once we get the opportunity to make snow and push major snow expect a fresh build top to bottom on Black Bear and the old half-pipe area. We have also started building Teddy Bear Family Park for all you eager shredders out there! Expect big things in the future, we can’t wait to go crazy building. Cascade has a very recent build but is by no means close to as built as we plan."

The Next snowmaking opertunity looks like wednesday night, (bear creek's website says the forecasted low is about 15 degree's) and maybe thursday night (20 degrees?) but i doubt we'll see a rebuild till the weekend. ""

I just got back. My friend got me back into jumping today since i havent done it for over a year or 2 when i got pwned. I started off with the jumps in black bear, both take off's were sketchy. Then i moved up to the first in the tubing and i liked it. I want to start spinning again and was really tempted to on the first in the tubing but i decided ill wait until they have a smaller hit setup.

Overall, i think blackbear is alot nicer then cascade right now and it has a much nicer flow.

Cascade is pilled with weird stuff, like that small single barrel at the top which is setup about 2 feet above the lip and its not buried in what so ever.

The dfd's lip was horrendous untill park crew tweeked it a little but it still felt very wrong. Same with the down rail next to it.

I like that the high temps yesterday melted the 45ft handrails lip down and it made it more fun.

The barrel bonks landing is still aklsfjlkashf where its very hard to land on the landing and not the flat bottom.

oh and does anyone know why the a frame was closed?

Overall, i think blackbear is alot nicer then cascade right now and it has a much nicer flow.

I wasn't feeling cascade either, something about bear that feels alot better.... although i do think we need a flat box in there somewhere...

The barrel bonks landing is still aklsfjlkashf where its very hard to land on the landing and not the flat bottom.

x2

not really feeling cascade right now...no flow at all...everything is all built up and trying to make everything look and feel bigger than it really is...first jump is nice...same with tubing...not really sure why every lip is like a jump take off where its ten feet wide and 6 feet high...black bear is def the best right now flow wise

not really feeling cascade right now...no flow at all...everything is all built up and trying to make everything look and feel bigger than it really is...first jump is nice...same with tubing...not really sure why every lip is like a jump take off where its ten feet wide and 6 feet high...black bear is def the best right now flow wise

i agree the jumps need to be rebuilt so you get more air time i feel like i'm up and right back down on a 30 ft jump and anything over a 5 has to be hucked it would be nice if the lips were rebuilt to give you more air time.. same with blackbear jumps now i don't think bear has the snow to do that now tho. hopefuly they will get rebuilt soon

atleast the weather is turning

i agree the jumps need to be rebuilt so you get more air time i feel like i'm up and right back down on a 30 ft jump and anything over a 5 has to be hucked it would be nice if the lips were rebuilt to give you more air time.. same with blackbear jumps now i don't think bear has the snow to do that now tho. hopefuly they will get rebuilt soon

atleast the weather is turning

i disagree with you there. small and poppy or big and mellow. a big jump and poppy lip is a mixture for disaster

I was talking with Tom yesterday and the plan is to get a few nights of good snowmaking in and then do major park tune ups for Black Bear and Cascade.

Snowmaking should start tonight around 9pm and we should be able to make every night for the foreseeable future. I would anticipate changes for Saturday or Sunday.

Just a word of warning, things might get a bit buried tonight with 15F lows. The guys are going to have their hands full keeping up with the snowmakers.

thanks mark!

For me, the park last night felt really amazing! i didnt hit cascade even once cuz it was so icy. but black bear felt so nice. the jump that they rebuilt in there felt like the smoothest jump i've felt this year! and spins werent to bad on it.

the rails landings were a little icy...

and the barrel bonks landing is EVERYWHERE, i cant land shit on that!

the only jump that i truly liked today was the first one in tubing. conditions weren't too bad but there was some spots that either the snow that was blown came out as slippery ice or something and there were spots that were really hard from all of the previous ice. other than that i just kinda screwed around with a buddy i haven't seen in a while. deff trying to take it easy after last night

Conditions weren't too bad today, some icy spots throughout the mountain but mostly powder. There were rocks everywhere on the far side of the mountain towards timberline... so many that they were nearly impossible to avoid... the parks were pretty empty today, mostly younger kids riding black bear park and cascade was empty all day... perfect day to learn new tricks and mess around.. overall a pretty good session