Colorado peeps... question

phillycore

meh, its decent, but theres so much better to be had around here....

Jordan

Everyone has there own idea of what is good and gnar and all that. I don't know if I took you in the mushroom patch when you came to WP but that is my favorite spot to ride out of any resort anywhere. It's only good during storms because it's open and south facing so it just gets baked, but when it's good its SO good. Then again, I talk to people who have been in there on good days and they say it's bony or sketchy or whatever else. They would rather ski the Cirque. Which is still legit double diamond terrain, but generally just wide open steeps. I like the Cirque because the hike can mean untouched snow, but it isn't anything like ridding technical pillow lines to me.

I don't know what the outback is like, but I've heard it's good. I'd be willing to bet others out there would find it to be pretty killer even if it isn't your favorite spot.

Then again, maybe I'm just hoping somewhere is good because in the past month I've had 2 good days on the snow and hardpack conditions the rest of the time. Looks like another park day tomorrow :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then again, maybe I'm just hoping somewhere is good because in the past month I've had 2 good days on the snow and hardpack conditions the rest of the time. Looks like another park day tomorrow :)

Damnit it's going to be fuggin EPIC conditions when I get there.... although I won't be good enough to ski all that shit.

I talked to "the man" and told him to save the good shit for when the big guy comes to town.

That shit's going to be so deep light and fluffy you're going to think your riding on a baby powder cloud

and you ain't going to have to roll the bitch to get there either.

Cheer up buckeroo Fast Bastard is coming to town in one week...

The Stoke market is rising....

We had spring conditions today Philly with corn snow, 38 degrees and bluebird skies.

Same thing at Breck yesterday and today.

Speaking of Breck. Probably the least impressive place I've been to so far out here. Take that with as many grains of salt you'd like since conditions weren't in line to be epic. I did however, completely enjoy the ski in ski out condo I got to stay at for free. In addition to once again failing to get into Cecilia's, but getting properly shit tanked anyway.

So next week philly? Which day do you plan to hit WP? I may be there both days, but that has yet to be 100% determined.

Speaking of Breck. Probably the least impressive place I've been to so far out here. Take that with as many grains of salt you'd like since conditions weren't in line to be epic. I did however, completely enjoy the ski in ski out condo I got to stay at for free. In addition to once again failing to get into Cecilia's, but getting properly shit tanked anyway.

So next week philly? Which day do you plan to hit WP? I may be there both days, but that has yet to be 100% determined.

Breck was supppperrrrr nice today. Bluebird after 11. Jumps were fucking awesome.

It's looking liek either the 26th or 27th...

I get in on th 24th and driving to steamboat from Denver...

Skiing steamboat the 25th

Then either heading straight to Winter park or Copper

Just haven't quite figured out which one would make more sense to goto first yet...

OK...

Hotels are booked...

Itinerary is as follows...

Jan 24 - 28th

Sat - Arrival in Denver 9:35am

Drive to Steamboat, check out town, possibly hit hot springs

Sun - Ski Steamboat

Monday - Skiing Copper

Tuesday - Skiing Winter Park

Wed - Am Session Winter Park, or maybe Loveland

If you want to hook up and ski, hangout, chill, whatever PM me with a contact number and when you want to..

(I got yours already Glenn... I'll give you a ring either Friday night or Sat am when I arrive to see what your schedule looks like..)

SO F'N STOKED!!!

Doesn't look like I'll be able to meet up with you. Maybe steamboat on Sunday. Not 100% sure yet. I'd take a sick day, but I'm already taking one tomorrow to go look at and hopefully buy a truck. So I can't really take another and still hit my deadlines. Maybe steamboat sunday though... will need to check my finances post truck buying, haha. Safe travels!

Phillycore/CO heads just a FYI, if you buy 10 gallons of gas at Phillips 66 you get a lift ticket to Copper or WP.

Phillycore I don't know if you're renting a car or not...but it's a free lift ticket for $15 worth of gas. Might be too late but I just found out yesterday.

Phillycore/CO heads just a FYI, if you buy 10 gallons of gas at Phillips 66 you get a lift ticket to Copper or WP.

Phillycore I don't know if you're renting a car or not...but it's a free lift ticket for $15 worth of gas. Might be too late but I just found out yesterday.

How does that work? Does the receipt have the ticket?

Justin

Thanks for the heads-up I am renting a car and could use the extra ticket for my last day and just ski the 4th day at Winter Park

Wonder if I'd use that much gas, but hell if I don't I'll just fill mine up and offer whatever shmoe is there the rest of the gas so I can get the ticket...lol

If I don't need any gas than I'll just goto the gas station and find some dude filling his tank up and be like yo.. I'll give ya $20 for your receipt...

Nick,

That's cool.. I knew you were limited to weekends but it made more sense to go furthest and work my way back towards the airport than having to drive that distance on the last day and possibly end up in a bad situation where I can't get back to Denver in time for some reason. If you can make Steamboat that would be cool, but if not I understand it's not like it's 10mins away or anything...

I can help you out with another day in WP if thats what you decide to do. Actually it might be good for Copper as well. Little bit of snow today right as the lifts were closing. They are saying this front will bring snow daily until tuesday, totals aren't extremely promising, but better than nothing for sure. We've got the powder jones pretty bad right now, so even 3 inches would be pretty sick at this point.

PC, good luck with your travels. Hope yall have fun and get to ski/ride together!

Thanks Melissa... I'm so hyped I couldn't really sleep last night thinking about what I wanted to pack and all that.

ok well the Dog getting sick all night and whining didn't help matters either...

Glenn....

I told you I was bringin the good shit with me... lol

Hells yeah man... can't wait to meet/ski with you man going to kick major ass..