Creek Claims Another Pair

The_Public_Enemy

I decided to head up to Mt Creek with a bunch of friends on friday. The park was pretty good and we got some hot footage. Anyways, when I didn't finish the rotation on a 3 of one of their jumps, I landed sideways. When I got up, I looked back and saw the rear part of my binding laying the landing of the jump. Then I turned around to see my friend/photographer bolting after my bindingless and brakeless ski which was shooting down the slope. It smashed into a snowboarder down the hill (he was OK) and soared into the woods.

So to sum it up, my rear binding ripped out of my ski. Does anyone know if this is covered by warranty? The catch is that this pair of skis was already warrantied from last year, when I snapped that year's model. This makes three pairs of skis broken in two years.

Well, I would contact the people who mounted the bindings. Its sounds like the mounting was done incorrect. Hopefully you still have a receipt or something?!?!? Doesn't hurt to contact the manufacturers, but I would say the best bet is with whomever mounted those bad boys.

Haha, I don't think the mounting was incorrect, you could see the spots where the screws were ripped right out of the ski. I think they couldn't take the impact.

Public Enemy is just a beast.

Here's a picture Public Enemy and his skis, 0.3 seconds before death.

skideath.jpg

Keep in mind this one of the biggest jumps in creek so it was a good 30-40 feet and shot you damn high too.

Edited by lurker

Luckily this has a happy ending. I went to the Loft, who mounted the bindings, and they said they can fix them to be as good as new with no charge. It also helps to know all the guys there. I never would have made it to the front of a President's weekend line if I didn't, haha.

This is where my ski landed after rocketing down the hill. (Note the lack of rear bindings).

dead%20ski.jpg

I thought this one was pretty funny too :P

dead%20brad.jpg

Edited by The_Public_Enemy

They've got a decent amount tech boxes up, with some IMPOSSIBLE rails. That c-rainbow in the picture is up, along with some wierd slanted boxes. They've got a really big up box, a battleship box, and a flat-down box. The S-Rail is up along with a street style handrail (which I blacked out on), a street style triple drop rail, and a Roller Coaster rail. That thing is impossible. I tried it and managed to get 1/2 way, but I can't imagine getting the whole thing.

I am looking at the uhh C rail picture (I think thats waht its called).

Anyway I am just wondering how hard is it to stay on if you kept your bindings/boots over the center of the rail (as in perpendicular to the length of the rail).

This is an honest question. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard once you got the hang of it, then again I don't know, and uhh I don't plan on finding out.

I am looking at the uhh C rail picture (I think thats waht its called).

Anyway I am just wondering how hard is it to stay on if you kept your bindings/boots over the center of the rail (as in perpendicular to the length of the rail).

This is an honest question.  Doesn't seem like it would be too hard once you got the hang of it, then again I don't know, and uhh I don't plan on finding out.

Blue Mountain has one of those thingies too, it's slanted, and I was standing there today for like 5 minutes wondering how ANYONE could ever do that :confused I'd still like to see someone try that.

For what it is worth to you guys.. Steven, my park rat, really liked Roundtop's park(s) they have one of those ~30' roller coaster triple humped boxes low to the snow that had enough flip at the end for him to 270 off.. He was loving it.. Cool feature to watch him on..... The park crew was out there the whole time fine tuning things and cheering him on ---- That says a lot for such a small mountain.. DId I mention no wait in line at the lifts???