new trails

ski14

yea upper runaway has been open for a couple days but in most places its very narrow, plus its a hike to get over to it, not really worth it at this point, but they were blowing more last night and the temps were really cold so it should defiantly open the trail a little more, plus this snow we are getting during the day should give us some nice conditions.

it looked like they did more tree removal on that trail, (I could be mistaken, due to the lack of snow but i'm pretty sure they did it this year)

it looked like they did more tree removal on that trail, (I could be mistaken, due to the lack of snow but i'm pretty sure they did it this year)

That's my biggest beef with Sno.

They're getting carried away with tree removal. Skiing up top is already painful due to it being colder, but now there's almost NOTHING left to stop the wind. The ugly "bowl" area that used to be 2 well-separated trails (Switch/Spike) under the Iron Horse lift now only has exposed piping and power lines separating the two trails.

Sno, if you do read this and take suggestions from here... please please do what Elk does and replant some ever-green trees so we can know what it's like skiing a trail again instead of a large chunk of exposed mountain-side.

I still can't imagine why they cut down the trees between spike and switch. Unless its so you can view the park from the lift. They left pipes and stumps all over thet area so its not even skiable! Just a big waste if you ask me.

I still can't imagine why they cut down the trees between spike and switch. Unless its so you can view the park from the lift. They left pipes and stumps all over thet area so its not even skiable! Just a big waste if you ask me.

They did it on the lower portion of Spike, so they could fit the super pipe in there. But, Im not sure why they did it the whole way up the trail.

Sno, if you do read this and take suggestions from here... please please do what Elk does and replant some ever-green trees so we can know what it's like skiing a trail again instead of a large chunk of exposed mountain-side.

I'll second this. Elk is truly a beautiful place to ski.

My idea is they cut down the trees because they probably planned on having the park that wide, even though the lift side of spike is riddled with tree stumps and rocks, doesn't mean they don't plan on cleaning it up (Some day) lets just say formally that "Sno mountain" is completely under construction, a ton of things are not finished yet. Today they were blowing tons of snow to mix with the fresh stuff were getting. i'll just do a TR