Park Condition

shopey1080

nothing new. it is coming down this week for a rebuild since last week was too warm to blow snow.

What is with this build the park and then rebuild it 2 weeks later every year? Seems like a big waste. What are they really going to change? My bet is that it wil look the same again. That bus is stupid. Just a big butter box waste of snow!

What is with this build the park and then rebuild it 2 weeks later every year? Seems like a big waste. What are they really going to change? My bet is that it wil look the same again. That bus is stupid. Just a big butter box waste of snow!

It really isn't a big waste. The reason its done is because they do as much as they can do to have the park open as early as possible. Once the chance comes to blow a crap load more snow, they do the re-build to get it up to its "full potential". Once the real rebuild happens, it will not look the same. There will be a bigger selection of rails and hits up top, the jumps will be reshaped, (the bus MIGHT get taken out i've heard), and more features will most likely be added at the bottom. It would have been done last week but the weather didn't let that happen. Lets hope that after the rebuild sidewinder looks good.

It really isn't a big waste. The reason its done is because they do as much as they can do to have the park open as early as possible. Once the chance comes to blow a crap load more snow, they do the re-build to get it up to its "full potential". Once the real rebuild happens, it will not look the same. There will be a bigger selection of rails and hits up top, the jumps will be reshaped, (the bus MIGHT get taken out i've heard), and more features will most likely be added at the bottom. It would have been done last week but the weather didn't let that happen. Lets hope that after the rebuild sidewinder looks good.

Maybe they should just use the 15 feet of snow they have around the bus to install those rails and be done with it.

so are you guys actually going to close sidewinder and blow this week? i was getting mixed responses today from people who were working. it's gonna be absurdly cold this week, so they could actually blow snow without even a sliver of a chance of blowing crappy snow, so please plow sidewinder and build us a 50 foot stepover and put in more rails?

so are you guys actually going to close sidewinder and blow this week? i was getting mixed responses today from people who were working. it's gonna be absurdly cold this week, so they could actually blow snow without even a sliver of a chance of blowing crappy snow, so please plow sidewinder and build us a 50 foot stepover and put in more rails?

I realllly hope so. I`m thinkin yes though since the weather will be cold enough. keep your fingers crossed

How definite is that? The weather is sure cooperating.

And GRH, any details on the junkardy section you speak of? Can't wait to see Sidewinder in all its glory.

according to the website and also from park crew themselves. if not thursday. then most likely friday.

SIDEWINDER PARK WILL BE CLOSED FOR SNOWMAKING AND REBUILDING MONDAY,TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY AND WILL REOPEN ON THURSDAY WITH SOME GREAT NEW FEATURES.

And GRH, any details on the junkardy section you speak of? Can't wait to see Sidewinder in all its glory.

Well we found some picnic tables, telephone poles, corregated pipes, wooden spindles, wooden A frame, and tires... we are waiting to see what the mountain shuts down and what they let us do.

Well we found some picnic tables, telephone poles, corregated pipes, wooden spindles, wooden A frame, and tires... we are waiting to see what the mountain shuts down and what they let us do.

telephone pole sounds like splinter city. I'm pumped for the mini shred, cant wait.

Let a bunch of guys with 5th grade educations loose at night and they could screw up anything.

SIDEWINDER PARK WILL BE CLOSED FOR SNOWMAKING AND REBUILDING THIS WEEK AND WILL REOPEN FOR THE WEEKEND WITH SOME GREAT NEW FEATURES.

I bet that means that a Thursday park opening isn't happening anymore. I was gettin outta work early and everything, couldnt wait to ride the new stuff with no crowds. too bad.