Park Condition

shopey1080

SIDEWINDER PARK WILL BE CLOSED FOR SNOWMAKING AND REBUILDING THIS WEEK AND WILL REOPEN FOR THE WEEKEND WITH SOME GREAT NEW FEATURES.

I bet that means that a Thursday park opening isn't happening anymore. I was gettin outta work early and everything, couldnt wait to ride the new stuff with no crowds. too bad.

shit did they just post that? thats bs.

Last night there was sight of a park with large amounts of snow and actual landings. Landings that also included legit knuckles. And possibly the visual of what appears to be a decent hip. Pray for good lips for the jumps and this could be the best year park has ever seen. Halfpipe is in good shape too btw.

Last night there was sight of a park with large amounts of snow and actual landings. Landings that also included legit knuckles. And possibly the visual of what appears to be a decent hip. Pray for good lips for the jumps and this could be the best year park has ever seen. Halfpipe is in good shape too btw.

I'll rain on the parade and say that before they groomed them out last year the knuckles looked very legit. Then they ran them over with the groomers a few times...

Just got back from Blue. The jump line is finished and park crew was testing it out. They're definitely step downs and from what I could see from the lift they are in size order. The 3rd is pretty damn big with a long flat deck and a pretty long landing. Nothing else was set up except for the wide roller coaster box which is right after the left hand turn after the 3rd jump. That seems like a strange placement since people will gather to hit that box right in the run out for a pretty damn big jump. But hey, what's Blue without some treacherous shit?

Their reluctance to build stepovers confuses me, but the jumps are photo quality as far as nice square lips and all. Saturday should be a good day.

Setup: First: Up flat box and Up flat rail

2nd: Huge doghouse\picnic table box with about a 7ft gap to it. I think the FDF is next to that.

3rd: rollercoaster box (set up with a wierd kicker that sends you into the up part, and a battleship box.

Then a rugged hip into 3 step down tables which get progressively bigger.

Bus is set up with about a 5 foot gap and a kicker that sends you up so you kinda fall down onto the box.

Wallride, second rollercoaster box, then a step down, no lip kinda jump. I'm not sure what that's called and that's it as far as I remember.

My review: eh <_<

Setup: First: Up flat box and Up flat rail

2nd: Huge doghouse\picnic table box with about a 7ft gap to it. I think the FDF is next to that.

3rd: rollercoaster box (set up with a wierd kicker that sends you into the up part, and a battleship box.

Then a rugged hip into 3 step down tables which get progressively bigger.

Bus is set up with about a 5 foot gap and a kicker that sends you up so you kinda fall down onto the box.

Wallride, second rollercoaster box, then a step down, no lip kinda jump. I'm not sure what that's called and that's it as far as I remember.

My review: eh <_<

picnic table thing is has the fdf and the battleship box next to it. the roller flat up flat is all by itself right now, but they've got room for about 5 more rails up top, so we'll see what happens. the jumps arent really stepdowns, they're basically true tables, minus the snow in the middle.

picnic table thing is has the fdf and the battleship box next to it. the roller flat up flat is all by itself right now, but they've got room for about 5 more rails up top, so we'll see what happens. the jumps arent really stepdowns, they're basically true tables, minus the snow in the middle.

THat would make it a step down silly

Two new features were put in last night, stairs and flat bar ....more to come i believe. I think the lip on the last one needs to be made a little bigger or something, i`ve heard only like 1 outa 5 people can clear it lol

dont do a damn thing to that last jump! its perfect. it just needs to get a little faster, which is hard with all the snow we have been getting lately. making the lip bigger??? isn't going to do anything. now the lip onto that flat bar needs to be a little higher cuz its kind ahard to pop up onto that from the height that the lip is now.

Two new features were put in last night, stairs and flat bar ....more to come i believe. I think the lip on the last one needs to be made a little bigger or something, i`ve heard only like 1 outa 5 people can clear it lol

The snow is just super slow right now. I watched the park crew guys gineau pig the jump on thursday and it was fine. 1 outta 5 make it because people don't realize how much the new snow makes you loose speed

Is it that little stairset they had last year or just stairs with no rails? Oh and are they still gonna put in the junkyard section? I love my minishred.

Is it that little stairset they had last year or just stairs with no rails? Oh and are they still gonna put in the junkyard section? I love my minishred.

yeah the one with the wide rail and the rail. and the junkyard section will be in hopefullly soon.

And about the jump, idk whats going on. thats just what i heard. We`ll see what happens!

yeah the one with the wide rail and the rail. and the junkyard section will be in hopefullly soon.

And about the jump, idk whats going on. thats just what i heard. We`ll see what happens!

the jump itself is nice. its more of a speed/maybe spacing issue than anything. on saturday, clearing the first, then going for the second, you really didnt have to tuck at all into the second, but clearing the 3rd from the landing of the second was difficult unless you landed top of the landing and tucked the whole way. maybe moving the second jump up the hill a little bit could help? i know that's no easy task. also, it could just be the slow snow right now. the shape of the jumps are all really nice, except the awkward flat wedge drop off thing. get some handrails in down there or something instead.

the jump itself is nice. its more of a speed/maybe spacing issue than anything. on saturday, clearing the first, then going for the second, you really didnt have to tuck at all into the second, but clearing the 3rd from the landing of the second was difficult unless you landed top of the landing and tucked the whole way. maybe moving the second jump up the hill a little bit could help? i know that's no easy task. also, it could just be the slow snow right now. the shape of the jumps are all really nice, except the awkward flat wedge drop off thing. get some handrails in down there or something instead.

No, leave the wedge it's fun. Stop hating justin.

No, leave the wedge it's fun. Stop hating justin.

i agree. that wedge is a lot of fun. the 3rd jump was again, barely clearable today, but the snow was slow. keep the wedge, add some more rails, and CLEAN THE ICE AND SNOW OFF THE RAILS IN THE MORNING. nothing was sliding today because everything was covered and all park crew did was chalk off the lips.