NASTAR @ BC

AtomicSkier

$20 is a pretty good price for lift ticket + unlimited NASTAR runs.  I'd do it again in a heart beat, I just need to find a better way to get there....

Man, it's a 100 miles each way for us. You think they'd add a few gates if we asked nicely? The REAL reason you kept beating me, Jeff, was because I wanted my race runs to last longer. :yes

Man, it's a 100 miles each way for us. You think they'd add a few gates if we asked nicely? The REAL reason you kept beating me, Jeff, was because I wanted my race runs to last longer. :yes

:lol::lol: You just had an off night, at least at Montage we warmed up before NASTAR on some REAL trails. I jumped right onto the race course. I should've dropped the sweatshirt, and just raced in my longsleve shirt, as I did at Montage. O well.

Ha, no, it wasn't really an off night for me. That's pretty much where I am right now on that kind of sprint course. I screwed up the third gate in my first two runs, but fixed it in the last run. My last run wasn't my fastest, but it let me leave without the feeling that I was screwing up.

Ha, no, it wasn't really an off night for me. That's pretty much where I am right now on that kind of sprint course. I screwed up the third gate in my first two runs, but fixed it in the last run. My last run wasn't my fastest, but it let me leave without the feeling that I was screwing up.

I must say, I liked Montage alot better. Probably because it was in the day, and the trail that it was on was STRAIGHT. I think i was thinking less at Montage, I just stepped up and skied, as proof by my second run @ Montage. Maybe that, and the conditions were absoloutly perfect at Montage. I knew what I was doing wrong at Bear Creek, but it was just too short to really capitalize on not making a mistake. The run where I actually skied my problem turn well, I only shaved a few hundreths off. My first run at montage was over 30 seconds, my next run was a 29.24. I was confident that I could break 29 seconds. Oh well, it was fun. :D

I must say, I liked Montage alot better. 

Never did NASTAR at Montage, but I almost always have fun at BC. The course bends and then variably rolls up and down so the natural contour is fun. The gates are variably off set, so it's never the same. Plus, the announcer is terrific, crowds are low. Finally, there are other women my age who ski better than I, and race regularly - it's always fun to try to beat peers - especially when they ski better... :nana

Never did NASTAR at Montage, but I almost always have fun at BC. The course bends and then variably rolls up and down so the natural contour is fun. The gates are variably off set, so it's never the same. Plus, the announcer is terrific, crowds are low. Finally, there are other women my age who ski better than I, and race regularly - it's always fun to try to beat peers - especially when they ski better... :nana

yea, that annoucer was good, "Strapping young 16 yr old Skidude from BC in the start" :lol::lol:

Edited by skidude

yea, that annoucer was good, "Strapping young 16 yr old Skidude from BC in the start" :lol::lol:

The announcer called my 10 yr old the Wild Moose for some reason yet explained.. Yep the announcers hype it up.. they give you stats and standings, where your from, how old, etc. etc. Montage and CB are good for their longer courses. BC is cool for the short fast sprint, crowds-NADA, cost-reasonable, access-close. Cool park for the brother, a skier cross for the both of them and a lounge for Dad!

Edited by skidude

The announcer called my 10 yr old the Wild Moose for some reason yet explained.. Yep the announcers hype it up.. they give you stats and standings, where your from, how old, etc. etc.  Montage and CB are good for their longer courses.  BC is cool for the short fast sprint, crowds-NADA, cost-reasonable, access-close. Cool park for the brother, a skier cross for the both of them and a lounge for Dad!

Access? I got lost going to and from Bear Creek. At least going I had a reference point, the trail lights. Going home I was so clueless. I won't tell you where I ended up :lol:

Access?  I got lost going to and from Bear Creek.  At least going I had a reference point, the trail lights.  Going home I was so clueless.  I won't tell you where I ended up  :lol:

You guys are coming from a different direction - Yep the lights act like a beacon coming in. I come from the south.... turn right when leaving BC - hit 100 and point it south for an hour or so..

You guys are coming from a different direction - Yep the lights act like a beacon coming in. I come from the south....  turn right when leaving BC - hit 100 and point it south for an hour or so..

Atomic:

Turn right at the exit. It's 5 miles to the gas station/red light. Stay straight. It's 5 more to the intersection. Turn left and it's again exactly 5 miles to the NE extension. 15 miles total, one turn which is exactly at the 2/3 point.

Ok I thought it was more than 20 bucks but I was just checking because if that was the case I would WALK to bc to do it for that price.

Jeff-how in the blue blazes do you get lost going to bc? Its so easy I even know a nice little shortcut past the veledrome through macungie.

Ok I thought it was more than 20 bucks but I was just checking because if that was the case I would WALK to bc to do it for that price.

Jeff-how in the blue blazes do you get lost going to bc? Its so easy I even know a nice little shortcut past the veledrome through macungie.

I was coming from the north when i went on wednesday, my skis and stuff are at my house :P